Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Only Thing That Helps Me. (This Might Not Be Final).

Jeff In Denver

• Members
9 hours ago, Azipod said:

I am going to see her next month for an in-person ready.   Found her through a string of positive reviews.   Per her website, it looks like she does readings via Skype too.

https://www.angelichope.com/

Please share your experience, I will wait for your reply.

• Members

What KayC says is so true - we have to try to hold each other up here.  We all have some degree of hideous grief in our lives and need the positive vibes.  I absolutely don't KNOW I'll be with my husband when I die, but I have faith that this is true.  It might well be the only thing in my life of that I feel certain of even without concrete proof.

We're all different, but hurting.  I guess that is my point.

• Members
On 9/30/2017 at 1:34 PM, Djh0901kc said:

Thanks you guys. I’m really sorry for being a jerk

I really didn't feel like you were being a jerk either :)

• Members
On 9/29/2017 at 11:37 AM, KayC said:

It is for me too.  I don't know how people make it through this without that hope.  I remember someone posting links for someone who doesn't have these beliefs, was it Jeff in Denver?  I can't remember, but I saved the link because it is the best article I've read along those lines:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/atheists-death_b_4134439.html

KayC this article is excellent.  I hadn't given much thought to that point of view.  I enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing.

• Members
On 11/21/2017 at 9:39 AM, KayC said:

I think so too.  Djh, it's good to hear from you again, been missing you.

Thank you. Just struggling with the holiday and everything. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Djh0901kc said:

Just struggling with the holiday and everything. 

We are all in the same boat when it comes to the holidays. All that advice out there--- we are supposed to incorporate our loved one, the memories and special day traditions, into our "new" life. I understand it, but it is so hard to get into that mindset, just because of their physical absence. We cannot see, hear or touch them, but we need to go on the blind faith they are always with us in spirit form. I have been reading that the veil separating the 2 realms is getting thinner and thinner. I wish it would hurry up and disappear completely, so we can at least see our loved ones and their realm intermingling with our realm. It sure would make our existence  here a lot easier to bear.

• Moderators

We just had some discussion about this on my other grief site.  My post there seems appropriate here for this subject as well...

It truly is a unique journey, isn't it?!  I find some things I keep up the traditions to honor him and other things I avoid, no seeming rhyme or reason as to which way I go, just what feels right to me.  We all make different choices for ourselves but it's important to do what feels right to us at the time.  There's been times I've had to push through and other times I've had to avoid things.

For instance, I haven't gone for a drive to pick colorful leaves since George died...that is something we did together, just the two of us.  Yet I put up a Christmas tree and decorations every year to honor him and his love for the holidays.  I put his ornaments in a prominent place and each one carries such special memories.  I hang his stocking next to mine.  I invite him to come sit with me.  Some might think me crazy and maybe I am, but it is what it is.

• Members

Thank you, KayC. I am not at the point yet for holiday tradition anything. Ed loved ruffed grouse hunting in the fall. In 2015, we had so many birds in the freezer that  I had plenty to cook up for Thanksgiving and Christmas without buying turkey.  Last fall and this year I have seen the grouse in the crab apple tree in the front yard, the woods and roadsides and I cry. We went hunting together, even though I don't use a gun. Ed relied on my knack for spotting the birds. So many memories and that is all I have now.

Archived