Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Heartbroken

Never ending pain

• Members
Never ending pain

I have lost my best friend a little over a year now and the pain wont leave my heart alone. I never dreamed this would happen to us. Within 3 months he was gone of Pancreatic cancer. So quickly it didn't even seem real and still doesn't . I just cannot bear this ongoing pain and loneliness without my Bill.   I keep praying for some peace but it never does come. What am I to do with the rest of my life without him. Not only did I lose my Love I lost my home and  our 2 dogs that we both loved as our kids . Emptiness is all that I have been left with. Why Why Why Lord. I cannot stop asking why.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
On 9/25/2017 at 7:56 PM, Never ending pain said:

I have lost my best friend a little over a year now and the pain wont leave my heart alone. I never dreamed this would happen to us. Within 3 months he was gone of Pancreatic cancer. So quickly it didn't even seem real and still doesn't . I just cannot bear this ongoing pain and loneliness without my Bill.   I keep praying for some peace but it never does come. What am I to do with the rest of my life without him. Not only did I lose my Love I lost my home and  our 2 dogs that we both loved as our kids . Emptiness is all that I have been left with. Why Why Why Lord. I cannot stop asking why.

You came to right place, here people will understand your pain because we all are feeling this pain. Keep posting and visit here.

• Members
Never ending pain

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  It is nice to be here with such nice and friendly people :)

• Members
1 minute ago, Never ending pain said:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  It is nice to be here with such nice and friendly people :)

This forum like other said is lifeline for me now, since i lost my all friends , i spend my most of the day here and people here are so sweet and understand my pain.

• Members
On 9/25/2017 at 10:26 AM, Never ending pain said:

Sorry to see you in this club. You are in a place where nobody will judge you so go ahead write what you feel and I can ensure you that you will feel better.

• Members
On 9/25/2017 at 9:26 AM, Never ending pain said:

I have lost my best friend a little over a year now and the pain wont leave my heart alone. I never dreamed this would happen to us. Within 3 months he was gone of Pancreatic cancer. So quickly it didn't even seem real and still doesn't . I just cannot bear this ongoing pain and loneliness without my Bill.   I keep praying for some peace but it never does come. Emptiness is all that I have been left with. Why Why Why Lord. I cannot stop asking why.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and know the pain you are experiencing.  Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come; everything you have faced; all the battles you have won and the fears you have overcome.  Nothing ever prepares us for the biggest shock of our lives, but the strength within us keeps us going.  You didn't know if you could survive this tragedy at all, but you did.  You probably didn't think you could ever make it through that day when Bill was taken or that week; or that month; or that year, but guess what, you did.  It's been over a year, and your heart still feels pain, loneliness and emptiness.  I pray that God turns your pain into comfort; your loneliness into love; and your emptiness into abundance. 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:26 AM, Never ending pain said:

What am I to do with the rest of my life without him.

Mourn him, yes; remember him yes, but live because your task has not yet been completed and Bill would have wanted you to. Sometimes a man's purpose in a women's life is to help her become a better women. Be that better women he helped you to become; be that women he would be proud of; that strong women; the women, that because of him, you are. Be that strong women Bill helped form and don't play victim (no matter how hard it gets); don't blame others or point fingers.  Stand as tall as you can and deal with the pain you have been faced with.  Finally be strong in the Lord.   HE hears our prayers and knows our pain and sorrows. 

You've been on this grief journey for over a year now; and while there is no time limit for grief; no wrong or right way, I'd hope it would have gotten somewhat better for you. I'm sorry it hadn't.    Its done your way and on your time.  It's different for everyone; there will come a time when we do have to move forward with our lives.  Bill wants you to be happy and more on; that however does not mean forgetting because you never will.   Grief will always be with us, just not controlling where we go.  Life actually will go on with or without us, and it's our decision which road we will take.  Who knows, we just might discover a beautiful path without getting lost.

Know that you are in my prayers.

• Moderators

Most people expect the second year to be better than the first but find out it isn't.  It can take much longer than that to process your grief, try to build a life you can live, and just plain adjust to all of the changes it's made to your life.  This is way harder than anyone can know or expect.  There's no time limit and it takes what it takes, all of our journeys are as unique as we are and as our relationships.  

I hope you find comfort and encouragement here.  We have this common denominator and are very sorry for your loss, we know all too well what this can feel like as we've been on our own similar journeys.

• Members
Never ending pain

Hi everyone that has posted such sweet words for me. I know that each of you as well has lost a loved one just as I have and I want to say how sorry I am for your losses. It is amazing how hard this is after a year. The hurt just never seems to subside. Sometimes I say to my mom that I feel like jumping off a bridge, but with my luck I would live through it.  But I do know that would hurt my family to much.  I don't want my son to lose his mom either. So, I just keep on living even though this is not living at all. I just pretend that things are not as bad as I really feel and it seems to be working but I cry when no one can see me. I believe this sadness will not end any time soon. I wish God would help me, I keep asking but he doesn't seem to want to answer.

• Members

I'm so sorry.   My loss has been very recent.  The only thing I can do is to carry on each day.  I do look back at my earlier weeks, and have seen how far I've come.   Today is a better day for me.  So yes, I am optimistic.  I have come a long way.  There is still a long journey for me.  But I think in time we can all work through this.    The only sad part is that even though we reach the end of our grief process, our loved one will still not be there.   That is the harsh reality and it hurts like crazy.  To say that I miss my wife is a total understatement.  I miss her and absolutely everything she brought into my life.

• Members
Never ending pain

I thank you Azipod and I am so sorry for your loss as well.. I can see that it has been a recent loss for you. there are no words to express the sadness that we all are carrying with us.  When he was alive sometimes I would wonder what it would be like if something happened to him and now I know. My head is in a constant fog and I cannot concentrate is this normal?  I do look at couples when I am out and must admit I get a selfish jealousy. I am ashamed I feel that way but just cannot help myself. So just one day at a time for me I suppose as there is nothing else I can think of doing besides daydreaming of things that used to be and will never be again in my lifetime. I am adding all of you to my prayers and thank you so much for the beautiful replys.

• Members

Im sorry youre grief is so overwhelming. Its been 26 days since I lost the love I wished so hard for.  I guess the only thing I can say is that today...compared to the first week...is better.  I can feed myself, drive, I cleaned my house, I walked outside, I showered and dressed without prompting.  All these things I could not do the first week after he died.  All I could do was cry and pace.  I have further to go but to echo what others said, ive come a little ways.  It may not be much but I did move...

I hope you can find some healing here...

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Never ending pain said:

I wish God would help me, I keep asking but he doesn't seem to want to answer.

Sometimes when we are at our lowest, we feel this state of "nothingness" when it feels we can't reach God, like He's not hearing or responding.  This is the state in which we proceed on faith rather than feelings, and in due time, we'll realize He was there all the time and does very much care what we're going through and our pain.  Our bodies are in a state of shock in which nothing seems to penetrate, but eventually this will subside.  In time the intensity of pain will lessen.  You are taking positive steps for yourself and that is good.  Any tiny measure of progression needs to be applauded, it is hard earned.

• Members
12 hours ago, SRB said:

Im sorry youre grief is so overwhelming. Its been 26 days since I lost the love I wished so hard for.  I guess the only thing I can say is that today...compared to the first week...is better.  I can feed myself, drive, I cleaned my house, I walked outside, I showered and dressed without prompting.  All these things I could not do the first week after he died.  All I could do was cry and pace.  I have further to go but to echo what others said, ive come a little ways.  It may not be much but I did move...

I hope you can find some healing here...

If you can drive, clean, walk, shower, and dress on your own you are already doing A LOT better.  Weeks earlier, you were like a helpless baby.   Now, you can fend for yourself.  These are large steps forward.   There will remain THOUSANDS of remaining steps for you to conquer, so this is just the beginning.  But the fact that you're able to do these things now shows it is possible to move forward.

Tomorrow, I will be at the 3-month  mark where I've lost my wife.   I still feel like ****.   But I have come a long way (although it may seem otherwise in some of my recent posts).  One day, I will reach the end of this grief journey.  That is not to say that I won't be sad, I always will be sad.   But one day we will all get to that point where the grief does not consume us.   

Keep moving along.  You are doing just fine.

• Members
16 hours ago, Never ending pain said:

I thank you Azipod and I am so sorry for your loss as well.. I can see that it has been a recent loss for you. there are no words to express the sadness that we all are carrying with us.  When he was alive sometimes I would wonder what it would be like if something happened to him and now I know. My head is in a constant fog and I cannot concentrate is this normal?  I do look at couples when I am out and must admit I get a selfish jealousy. I am ashamed I feel that way but just cannot help myself. So just one day at a time for me I suppose as there is nothing else I can think of doing besides daydreaming of things that used to be and will never be again in my lifetime. I am adding all of you to my prayers and thank you so much for the beautiful replys.

Hang in there, my fellow Northern California neighbor!

Yes.  Many describe their early days as in the fog or cloud.  Some days, you can look at something (such as an email), and simply stare at it without ever being able to process it.  We can be zombies.  Was in a shock.       I don't have much jealousy by seeing other couples (not yet), but I do have jealousy that my wife got to leave this world and I am here to suffer.   I know it's not her fault.  But in my mind, I think it would be a beautiful thing if both she and I had died together in some freak accident (I can say this because we don't have children).  That way, we both can go without the surviving spouse having to deal with this pain and agony.    

For the most part, seeing other couples makes me sad.  It makes me sad seeing others who are able to continue their love and romance journey while I am onboard the grief train. Who knows where I'll end up?

• Members
1 hour ago, Azipod said:

I don't have much jealousy by seeing other couples (not yet), but I do have jealousy that my wife got to leave this world and I am here to suffer.   I know it's not her fault.  But in my mind, I think it would be a beautiful thing if both she and I had died together in some freak accident (I can say this because we don't have children).  That way, we both can go without the surviving spouse having to deal with this pain and agony.    

For the most part, seeing other couples makes me sad.  It makes me sad seeing others who are able to continue their love and romance journey while I am onboard the grief train. Who knows where I'll end up?

It makes me sad to see happy couples around too. Not jealous. But I cant help but wonder what we did wrong to have been separated from one another like this while these people get to continue being happy together.  

I dont believe there is an end to this pain. I will not think of my boyfriend as a 'chapter in my life to remember fondly' or whatever. He is the one and the only and the fact that he is gone does not change that. My heart will always ache for as long as I live. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

I dont believe there is an end to this pain. I will not think of my boyfriend as a 'chapter in my life to remember fondly' or whatever. He is the one and the only and the fact that he is gone does not change that. My heart will always ache for as long as I live. 

We are all in this club that no body wants to be a part of.  How terrible!

• Members
9 hours ago, Azipod said:

I think it would be a beautiful thing if both she and I had died together in some freak accident (I can say this because we don't have children).  That way, we both can go without the surviving spouse having to deal with this pain and agony.   

You have no idea how badly I want this, we don't have kids either and I wish we died together. I know it would be difficult for our family to handle this but then I don't have to suffer from this pain. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

You have no idea how badly I want this, we don't have kids either and I wish we died together. I know it would be difficult for our family to handle this but then I don't have to suffer from this pain. 

I was telling my co worker this today and she said I shouldn’t say that, because it’s bad luck.  People just don’t understand.  It’s a nightmare for us survivors and this in my opinion, is more bad luck than anything else. Dying together with who you love is a gift.  There is nothing wrong with that.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Azipod said:

I was telling my co worker this today and she said I shouldn’t say that, because it’s bad luck.  People just don’t understand.  It’s a nightmare for us survivors and this in my opinion, is more bad luck than anything else. Dying together with who you love is a gift.  There is nothing wrong with that.

They don't understand because they are not us , they are still with their partner. Day before my husband passed, a young man died from his home town and I shared this news with him because he was unable to check his phone. He got so upset that how someone die so young and I told him, think about your health first, don't be so sad, look for yourself. I was not bothering that time for that person family, because I was with my husband and his health was my first priority but when next day this disaster happened with me, after few days later I was continuously thinking about that person family and his wife.

Like this all other person think when we talk about pain , we were one of them before.

• Members
10 hours ago, Azipod said:

There is nothing wrong with that! At least dying not long apart from eah other would be nice even if we didnt get to die together.  I wish for a big malignant brain tumor every night!

• Members
10 hours ago, LoveGoli said:

They don't understand because they are not us , they are still with their partner. Day before my husband passed, a young man died from his home town and I shared this news with him because he was unable to check his phone. He got so upset that how someone die so young and I told him, think about your health first, don't be so sad, look for yourself. I was not bothering that time for that person family, because I was with my husband and his health was my first priority but when next day this disaster happened with me, after few days later I was continuously thinking about that person family and his wife.

Like this all other person think when we talk about pain , we were one of them before.

Remembering our partners feeling sad about distant relatives deaths feels so funny now doesnt it? Not knowing they would be next, they felt sad for others.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

But I cant help but wonder what we did wrong to have been separated from one another like this while these people get to continue being happy together.  

There's where I see it differently...I don't think we did ANYTHING wrong!  We didn't cause this, didn't earn it, didn't deserve it.  There's couples left here that don't even get along!  Yet we were the closest of all and we were ripped apart violently through no fault of our own.  It's random.  It's not fair!  Don't for a moment think it is!  We have to accept that this is the way it is now, but do not accept any "blame" for it.  It doesn't belong to you.  It is one of those unforeseeable random acts of life.  But it's not over yet...we will be together again and next time, we won't be yanked apart!

• Moderators
19 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I will not think of my boyfriend as a 'chapter in my life to remember fondly' or whatever.

Remember fondly sounds like downplaying, understating hugely.  But I do look back on my time with George as being the best time of my life, it is and always will be.  I don't dwell on it because the stark comparison to my life now would be so painful.  But now and then I imagine him cuddled up with me as we used to do and wrap myself in him like a blanket...it is a soothing thought.

• Members
11 minutes ago, KayC said:

Remember fondly sounds like downplaying, understating hugely.  But I do look back on my time with George as being the best time of my life, it is and always will be.  I don't dwell on it because the stark comparison to my life now would be so painful.  But now and then I imagine him cuddled up with me as we used to do and wrap myself in him like a blanket...it is a soothing thought.

This is just something some of my friends have told me. That I have to think of Bruce as a chapter of my life and realise I need to move on to the next chapter (meaning a new guy I suppose).

He is the love of my life and he will never be less than that. Nobody can or will replace him. These people can downplay and understate because they have never had the sort of relationship we had. 

• Members
16 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

This is just something some of my friends have told me. That I have to think of Bruce as a chapter of my life and realise I need to move on to the next chapter (meaning a new guy I suppose).

He is the love of my life and he will never be less than that. Nobody can or will replace him. These people can downplay and understate because they have never had the sort of relationship we had. 

Many people told me about chapter thing, and mostly those people who even didn't loose their parents or not in young age.

• Members
4 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

Many people told me about chapter thing, and mostly those people who even didn't loose their parents or not in young age.

I sure would have taken these terrible news a lot better if I was in my 60s or 70s and I spent a life with him and had kids or even a couple of grandkids. 

Our sadness is beyond regular grief.

• Members
1 minute ago, TooDevastated said:

I sure would have taken these terrible news a lot better if I was in my 60s or 70s and I spent a life with him and had kids or even a couple of grandkids. 

I will not ask anything from anyone if I got life which you just described. Loosing him is pain but in such young age is added pain. There is so many plans, dreams which he wants to fulfill and his life just snached from him and from me as well.

He wants kids and we were planning for this year. 3 days before that horrible day, he was asking his doctor brother about all baby things and was so excited and just after 3 days I lost my everything. I can't explain in words what I am feeling right now, anger, frustation everything.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TooDevastated said:

That I have to think of Bruce as a chapter of my life and realise I need to move on to the next chapter (meaning a new guy I suppose).

I would ask them point blank not to say that to you again.  They may mean well but it'd help to call their attention to the fact that such remarks are hurtful and inappropriate.  Quote me on it to them if you must!

These people can downplay and understate because they have never had the sort of relationship we had. 

I'm sure that is very true!  Many people have never had the relationship we had.  That's why we're here when other "survivors" seem to move on.  Most of us, however, do not...the world may not see it, we carry it inside of us.  We never forget.

• Members
2 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

There is nothing wrong with that! At least dying not long apart from eah other would be nice even if we didnt get to die together.  I wish for a big malignant brain tumor every night!

Before, I wished I had a long life.  Now, not anymore.  I wish I can die ASAP.   I cannot even fathom the thought of living another 40-45 years to my 80s, and still have to remember about how I lost my wife when I was 39.   And knowing where she is at and where she is buried.  It is so unfair that I have to keep living year and year when she's no longer here.   I don't want to be here either.

• Members
2 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

The sad thing is that there's some truth to this.  Whether we want to start another chapter with someone else or not is our decision.   But I do view that it is a chapter, or a segment, in our life that has come to a close.    Now, something new has to happen.  Whether we carry on our loved one's memories or do that while starting new romance with someone else is up to us.

This is a life crisis.  The experience changes us, our life, and how we view our world.   

• Members

I agree.  I feel that life robbed me of my soulmate.  It robbed me of the opportunity and the time I wanted to spend with the most important person in my life.  It is so not fair.  We missed out 6-year anniversary by 3 months.    Why did they take her away so quickly?  Someone made a mistake!   They should have taken me.   This reinforces my thoughts about how "bad things happen to good people."   My wife was a gem.   They should have taken me!

• Members
16 minutes ago, Azipod said:

I agree.  I feel that life robbed me of my soulmate.  It robbed me of the opportunity and the time I wanted to spend with the most important person in my life.  It is so not fair.  We missed out 6-year anniversary by 3 months.    Why did they take her away so quickly?  Someone made a mistake!   They should have taken me.   This reinforces my thoughts about how "bad things happen to good people."   My wife was a gem.   They should have taken me!

I was thinking about this today, what if I died in place of my husband. I think he would handle things better than me, he was very calm and strong to handle situations. Although this is totally different kind of situation and before this i also handled things quite good but as you said this is life crisis so may be he would feel the same. I am so jealous of him that he is gone and i am mourning.

• Members
2 hours ago, Azipod said:

None of us should have been taken so we could have our happy lives together! Or at least both of us gone together. Thats the second best option. What has happened is the worst.. The absolute bottom. 

• Members
2 hours ago, LoveGoli said:

I was thinking about this today, what if I died in place of my husband. I think he would handle things better than me, he was very calm and strong to handle situations. Although this is totally different kind of situation and before this i also handled things quite good but as you said this is life crisis so may be he would feel the same. I am so jealous of him that he is gone and i am mourning.

This is the thing I am glad he was spared from. I am not dealing with his loss well at all but I know he couldnt have handle my death. He was an emotional man and he was really bad with stressful situations. Small problems could keep him up at night etc. He would have been loads worse than I am so... as much as I pity myself for being thrown into this ocean of sadness, I am also glad he isnt the one to go through it. 

After the funeral, we were speaking about this with his brother and we both agreed it was very likely that he would just kill himself. So I am glad I am the one to bear this rather than him although this pain is taking everything from me.

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

I'm sure that is very true!  Many people have never had the relationship we had.  That's why we're here when other "survivors" seem to move on.  Most of us, however, do not...the world may not see it, we carry it inside of us.  We never forget.

I did tell them they didnt have the remotest idea of how it might be feeling and they should be glad not to have experienced it. 

How can we forget? They are the best things to happen to us. Best moments of our lives are spent together. I wish we could see them for only once a year or something. Even that would be such a great comfort.

• Members
3 hours ago, LoveGoli said:

I am so jealous of him that he is gone and i am mourning.

I feel this way too.   At first, it seems bad for the person who got to leave earth.  But as survivors, we know all too well that it's the complete opposite.  We survivors, are the ones that have to deal with this day in and day out.  I have to live with this trauma knowing that I lost my wife.   This trauma will cling itself to our bodies, regardless of what we choose to do in the future.  Even in 20-years, we still have to look back at these moments, as well as the loss, and know that the person we loved most was snatched away from us.   

I hope one day I can die from a broken heart.

images.jpg.c1707a6b61797024faed6f82d384d4b5.jpg

• Members
49 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

None of us should have been taken so we could have our happy lives together! Or at least both of us gone together. Thats the second best option. What has happened is the worst.. The absolute bottom. 

This is absolute rock bottom.    It is a life crisis.  We can't have it any worst.    People around us are still happily living their life and enjoying the day.    My life, my days, on the other hand, are miserable.   

I finally made it over to my wife's side of the bed.    There's no longer a clean and undisturbed side of the bed.   Do I feel closer to her by sleeping on her side?  Perhaps.     But even then, it makes me feel like crap that I get to sleep on her side to begin with!

• Members
41 minutes ago, Azipod said:

I hope one day I can die from a broken heart.

images.jpg.c1707a6b61797024faed6f82d384d4b5.jpg

My heart DID develop a disease because of the stress grief caused! I keep hoping it will kill me one of these days...

• Members
6 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

You don't have to think of Bruce as a "chapter" of your life. You can think of him as the love of your life, who was here for a short time with you, for reasons that of course are hard to see right now, but later on down the road you might.

Our life though is made up of chapters. About every decade is considered a chapter. Our childhood, our teen years, our 20's, 30's, etc. Mile stones of our life can be considered a chapter. The years we furthered our education. Our career. Leaving one job and beginning another. Marriage, raising children, experiencing grandchildren, retirement years, those are all considered chapters in our book of life.

Bruce was a huge part of your life. Now, you are grieving and eventually going to be moving forward. Finding out how to survive, finding out who you are now, finding a new meaning or purpose to living, will be like entering a different chapter. It does NOT necessarily mean a new guy in your life. We don't know what our destiny is until it finds us.:wub:

• Moderators
15 hours ago, KMB said:

You don't have to think of Bruce as a "chapter" of your life. You can think of him as the love of your life, who was here for a short time with you

This is how I see it.  I don't see it as a mere chapter that is neatly ended and defined as such...he continues with me, he impacted my life from the moment we met and that has not stopped.

17 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

This is the thing I am glad he was spared from. I am not dealing with his loss well at all but I know he couldnt have handle my death.

This is also how I feel.  I am very very glad he didn't have to go through this.  Lord knows it was hard enough having to deal with myself, but I would not have wanted him to go through this pain and try to flounder his way around through grief.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone, let alone the love of my life.

• Members
6 hours ago, KayC said:

This is also how I feel.  I am very very glad he didn't have to go through this.  Lord knows it was hard enough having to deal with myself, but I would not have wanted him to go through this pain and try to flounder his way around through grief.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone, let alone the love of my life.

However, I bet they wouldn't wish this on us either. They sure wouldn't want us thrown into the maze of grief...  

• Members
13 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

However, I bet they wouldn't wish this on us either. They sure wouldn't want us thrown into the maze of grief...  

I’ve had people tell me repeatedly that Kayla wouldn’t want me to feel this way. Of course she wouldn’t. But she wouldn’t want to be dead and not with me either. Why can’t people see that this isn’t something we can just snap out of and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps? If I could flip a switch and not feel like this wouldn’t I do it? I went to work today, got home, and have been lying in bed, crying, and watching Because Science videos for the last 3 hours. Not because I wanted to but because it’s all I could do. It’s all I had in me today.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

I’ve had people tell me repeatedly that Kayla wouldn’t want me to feel this way. Of course she wouldn’t. But she wouldn’t want to be dead and not with me either. Why can’t people see that this isn’t something we can just snap out of and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps? If I could flip a switch and not feel like this wouldn’t I do it? I went to work today, got home, and have been lying in bed, crying, and watching Because Science videos for the last 3 hours. Not because I wanted to but because it’s all I could do. It’s all I had in me today.

I went to feed to ducks at the park this morning. Something he loved doing at weekends. I donated to his favourtie charity (that helps kids with leukemia). Then, I came home. It exhausted me to do something we loved doing together. It felt weird doing it alone. I couldnt stop the tears and some people stared at me crying. I didnt even care. I felt my loneliness turned into something solid that I had to carry around. 

After then, all I could do was to lay on bed. I read the news. It only increased the intensity of my headache. And I hoped the world war would be coming soon with all the nuke news or an earthquake near me. I cant even lift my arm right now. Thats how exhausted and fragile I feel. I will put a video on so there will be a noise in the room and start 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

No, it would have torn him apart to watch me go through what I have in the last twelve years.  Every day is a struggle for me now, right now my roof is leaking and the contractor that put it on is in prison.  That's just one example, it's always something.  These are things George would have handled.  I felt so protected and so cared for with him, now I just feel alone and out there on my own, struggling.

I didn't sleep either, guess I should have got up and joined you on here.

• Members
20 minutes ago, KayC said:

I felt so protected and so cared for with him, now I just feel alone and out there on my own, struggling.

I didn't sleep either, guess I should have got up and joined you on here.

Ed was my rock too. Always took care of the big things. The feeling of being safe and secure is gone now. I'm left to stand on my own. Learning to stand alone is a gift. I hope I keep finding the strength to persevere with the challenge of that gift.  Others might not see not being part of a couple as a gift. I had to make changes to my attitude in adapting to this unwanted life. I found myself stuck in the grieving for a while. It is either sink or swim. Such a play on words, because I literally do not know how to swim. I wasn't given the opportunity as a child to learn and as an adult I still haven't bothered.

There have been many nights when I am laying in bed unable to sleep, that I think about coming onto this forum. Just the thought of coming out of hiding from underneath the covers is enough to stop me. If I stay in hiding for as long as possible, it puts off facing the truth of my reality. Obviously, I'm still having a tough time acknowledging this truth.

• Members
2 hours ago, KMB said:

Ed was my rock too. Always took care of the big things. The feeling of being safe and secure is gone now. I'm left to stand on my own. Learning to stand alone is a gift. I hope I keep finding the strength to persevere with the challenge of that gift.  Others might not see not being part of a couple as a gift. I had to make changes to my attitude in adapting to this unwanted life. I found myself stuck in the grieving for a while. It is either sink or swim. Such a play on words, because I literally do not know how to swim. I wasn't given the opportunity as a child to learn and as an adult I still haven't bothered.

There have been many nights when I am laying in bed unable to sleep, that I think about coming onto this forum. Just the thought of coming out of hiding from underneath the covers is enough to stop me. If I stay in hiding for as long as possible, it puts off facing the truth of my reality. Obviously, I'm still having a tough time acknowledging this truth.

You should get a tablet or a phone so you can post from bed. I know a lot of us have trouble sleeping through the night but there’s never anyone on here late.

I understand what you mean though about wanting to hide from reality. I still can’t accept that she’s gone and that our life together is gone. I don’t know if I ever will. I can’t believe some of you guys are still hanging in there.

• Members
1 hour ago, Djh0901kc said:

I can’t believe some of you guys are still hanging there.

I cannot believe I am still here either. I don't mean not still on this forum, finding my own comfort and trying to give back. I mean still in this life. I truly felt in the beginning months that my heart would literally break from the pain, constant stress of coping and lack of sleep. I had thoughts of my mind snapping and me ending up in a coma. My health directives state no life support. Suicidal thoughts are common with grieving. For me, it wasn't so much in ending my life, I wanted something to end the pain, the loneliness. My husband is the only one who could fix this for me. But we know the reality of that one. The only one that can fix this, is me. It is really not an issue with "fixing" anything either. The solution that we want is not attainable. We have no choice but to acknowledge our loss, the changes brought to us and to try to move forward. In my circumstance, it is a good thing to know that this life is only temporary. It certainly doesn't feel like it right now, but no one lives forever.  Life is complex, isn't it?  So many people out there fighting for their life, and then there are those of us wishing for the opposite. All of humanity is fighting a battle of some kind.

• Members
Never ending pain

I feel the same way, I wish it had been me..........

• Members
6 hours ago, KMB said:

Ed was my rock too. Always took care of the big things. The feeling of being safe and secure is gone now. I'm left to stand on my own.

While my wife was here, I felt like I'm invincible.  With her by my side, things always fell into place and we were alway able to accomplish what we wanted together.   She also made me feel loved.  It didn't matter what happened to me out in the world.   It only mattered to me that I know that my wife would always be there to support and accept me when I got home.  It is sad that the person that we need most, is no longer here.   I've adjusted to not having her her physically -- I can survive.  I just don't know if I can do this emotionally.

Archived