Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Update: visiting a meduim

Missy27

• Members

I know there were a lot of people interested in visiting a meduim so I thought I would let you know what happened. I saw a woman that lives about in hour from me, in grey GA named beth berry in did my research she had a ton of good review on her Facebook page, but, I was still skeptical....at first I was worried because nothing she was saying made sense to me she was seeing a skinny black male figure which was not my fiancée....but when she asked for his name it's like all of a sudden everything she was saying made complete sense. She told me very specific things, things that only me and him knew.....she knew I was a nurse, she knew that I slept with his t-shirt after he died, and that he loved that I talked to him in the car...which i always did alone for fear of being called crazy. I'm really jumpy and corey would walk up behind me not meaning to scare me lol i would get so mad at him....so after we moved in together he would make noise tap his fingers on the wall going down the hallway something simple no one else in our life knew he did. it was multiple things of that nature to prove that she was really talking to him.... this has helped me so much even though I would do anything to hug him again I feel like he's still with me..... She has definitely restored my faith in God I know without a doubt that my baby is ok and that I will see him again one day. There are some fakes but not as many as you think....most people that claim they can do this probably can and as long as you do your research and know what to look for it think it would be very helpful to those who are interested in doing it.

• Members

Missy, Thank you for sharing!  It sounds like a definite connection was made and I'm glad you had a good experience. You are right. It is a matter of doing research beforehand.

• Moderators

We get a new body but I'm not sure at what point, or if the spirit form is something visible at times.  Also since we're eternal, I doubt we look the same as we did when we die, particularly those of us who are older or disease-ravaged.  That might explain some of his skinniness.  I look forward to no more weight struggles!

I'm glad you had a good experience and that it was of help to you.  I haven't sought a medium because of my beliefs but I do understand some people feeling the desire to.

• Members
On 9/22/2017 at 11:23 AM, Missy27 said:

this has helped me so much even though I would do anything to hug him again I feel like he's still with me..... She has definitely restored my faith in God I know without a doubt that my baby is ok and that I will see him again one day. T

That's the important thing - it helped you.  Although I don't believe in mediums, I do believe his spirit is with you; it never left you.  He's in spirit form and that's why you can't see him. I also know that someday, you will be reunited and this time will be forever.  I am also glad she restored your faith in God.

• Members
3 hours ago, Francine said:

That's the important thing - it helped you.  Although I don't believe in mediums, I do believe his spirit is with you; it never left you.  He's in spirit form and that's why you can't see him. I also know that someday, you will be reunited and this time will be forever.  I am also glad she restored your faith in God.

I don't want to hurt anyone but I heard that every spirit get new body and I am afraid what if my Goli get new body when my time comes to go heaven. I just want to meet him, once my time is over here but what if he get new body before my time.

• Members

LoveGoli,  The love between you and Goli will always be there through eternity. What is meant by a new body, is that when we transition, we return to the time when we were fit and healthy. I've read that we are around the age of 30 in Heaven. The prime of our lives. It all depends on our beliefs. Either way, our souls will recognize each other, that is what matters. Goli will be there to meet you and you will immediately recognize him.

• Members
48 minutes ago, KMB said:

I've read that we are around the age of 30 in Heaven.

Thanks KMB for your lovely reply and sorry if I am asking too much but you said "we are around the age of 30 in Heaven", does it means that when we go to heaven we will be around 30 years old. 

I am asking this because my Goli was just 30 year old.

• Members

24 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

I don't want to hurt anyone but I heard that every spirit get new body and I am afraid what if my Goli get new body when my time comes to go heaven. I just want to meet him, once my time is over here but what if he get new body before my time.

24 minutes ago, KMB said:

It all depends on our beliefs. Either way, our souls will recognize each other, that is what matters.

KMB is spot on in her post. My understanding of the bible is that our present earthly body is only a "tent" which will be put aside when we die.  God will deliver us from these earthly "bodies of death" (which is sinful in nature) and prepare us for the purpose of being clothed with our heavenly bodies.  Although we do not know exactly what our new bodies will be like, we know that they will be like Jesus. Our new bodies will be like Christ's glorious body.  The bible tells us that we will be changed instantaneously when we are raised.  Each of us will have a unique body as God determines, just as a single seed produces its own unique plant.

For us to gain our heavenly body, our earthly body must die.  Our heavenly body will be incorruptible; while our earthly body is corruptible. Our heavenly body will be glorified; while our earthly body is dishonorable.   Our heavenly body will be powerful; while our earthly body is weak.  Our heavenly body will be spiritual; while our earthly bodies are natural. Our heavenly bodies will be from God, eternal and will likely be able to converse with others. We will know one another and will speak a pure language that we may be able to call on the name of the Lord and serve Him.  People who currently have physical disabilities will not have them in their heavenly bodies.  We will have no racial or cultural distinctions; no financial status. Our heavenly bodies will be imperishable bodies, they will no longer suffer from sickness and death, nor will they ever be subject to heat and cold or hunger and thirst.

Our heavenly bodies will be honorable in that they will not be shamed or shameful because of sin. When Adam and Eve sinned, the bible tells us they were shame because of their nakedness. Although the Bible doesn’t portray heavenly bodies as being naked, but rather clothed in white garments they will be pure and undefiled by sin. Our earthly bodies are “weak” in many ways. Not only are we subject to the natural laws of gravity and time/space, we are weakened by sin and its temptations. Our heavenly bodies will be empowered by the Spirit that owns us, and weakness will be no more.

Just as our earthly bodies are perfectly suited to life on earth, our heavenly bodies will be the same for life in heaven.  You and Goli will know one another because the love you shared here on this earth is eternal and never dies.

Well, that's my take on it anyway! 

• Members

Missy27, thank you for sharing your experience.   It amazes me that those who have had positive experiences with Mediums, share similar accounts, in that they knew certain thing only they and their partner knew.   Given the consistency, it really does seem like there's really something there that they feel, and its not some pseudo-science.   I have 2 readings booked and the next will not be until next month.   Since losing my wife, I haven't been looking forward to anything..... except this.

• Moderators

LoveGoli, we will know each other by our spirit so the new body won't be a hindrance.  Don't worry!  You found your way to each other once, you will again.

• Members

I think this depends on individual's belief and religion. According to my religion once person dies they are given another form of body (animal,humans etc) within short period of time and send back to this earth. I went to a medium and somethings he said made sense and some didn't at all and later on when I go thru his audio again I can see most of the stuff which made sense was normal stuff but nothing which only me and she would know. May be time to try another one.

• Members
5 minutes ago, KavitaHubby said:

I think this depends on individual's belief and religion. According to my religion once person dies they are given another form of body (animal,humans etc) within short period of time and send back to this earth. I went to a medium and somethings he said made sense and some didn't at all and later on when I go thru his audio again I can see most of the stuff which made sense was normal stuff but nothing which only me and she would know. May be time to try another one.

Manoj, i was actually expecting your reply on that. According to Hindu, spirit get new body after sometime so it means we don't meet them there if we leave earth after 30-40 years later.

• Members
6 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

Manoj, i was actually expecting your reply on that. According to Hindu, spirit get new body after sometime so it means we don't meet them there if we leave earth after 30-40 years later.

LoveGoli / Majoj:  I'm currently reading "The Laws of the Spirit World," written by Mrs. Khorshed Bhavnagri.  She was from India.  She lost both of her sons in a car accident.  Shortly after their passing, both sons came back in spirit to help her write this book.  It is very touching.  There is also A LOT of information about how the spirit world is on the other side.   Below is a link to the book and also a video.  

https://www.amazon.com/Laws-Spirit-World-Khorshed-Bhavnagri-ebook/dp/B008X3TEP8

• Members
1 minute ago, Azipod said:

LoveGoli / Majoj:  I'm currently reading "The Laws of the Spirit World," written by Mrs. Khorshed Bhavnagri.  She was from India.  She lost both of her sons in a car accident.  Shortly after their passing, both sons came back in spirit to help her write this book.  It is very touching.  There is also A LOT of information about how the spirit world is on the other side.   Below is a link to the book and also a video.  

https://www.amazon.com/Laws-Spirit-World-Khorshed-Bhavnagri-ebook/dp/B008X3TEP8

Yes I heard about this lady and also the book , thanks for sharing this video Azipod.

• Members
11 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

If we go based on Gita and Other holy books no we don't meet them as we transform in another body and lose memory of all we did on earth. Only under cases we become spirit either because we are going to stay in heaven, If we had some unfinished work or died while it was not our turn we stay as spirit on this earth.

I don't know what to believe but hope to see her.

• Members
3 minutes ago, KavitaHubby said:

If we go based on Gita and Other holy books no we don't meet them as we transform in another body and lose memory of all we did on earth. Only under cases we become spirit either because we are going to stay in heaven, If we had some unfinished work or died while it was not our turn we stay as spirit on this earth.

I don't know what to believe but hope to see her.

We only got to know once we go there. I wish they can tell us what its feel there but I know they must have their limitations.

• Members

Hi Azipod,

I have gone thru few books and again it comes to your believe.  What i mentioned is based on written in our holy books. You will also find people which have different experience. As i said they say if the person was not supposed to die but died because of some confusion by god's administration or really has some unfinished work here then they are left here as spirit. 

Back home I have met few people claiming to talk to spirits etc but never believed in them earlier but now would do anything to get a chance to talk to her. 

I think when people are vulnerable fake mediums etc can abuse the believe and gain money.

• Members
17 hours ago, Francine said:

I don't understand....if this is a gift that people are born with why would GOD be against it?

• Members

Exactly we won't find unless we see them. My mom told me that when I was around 1 year old I use to tell her how I died in last birth (falling from a building under construction) and when they did some investigation they did find someone died during construction of that building. After may be a year I stopped talking about all that.

1 minute ago, LoveGoli said:

We only got to know once we go there. I wish they can tell us what its feel there but I know they must have their limitations.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Missy27 said:

I don't understand....if this is a gift that people are born with why would GOD be against it?

God is not against it but some people are born with this ability and then they have to learn more to become advanced in this area.

• Members
3 minutes ago, KavitaHubby said:

Hi Azipod,

I have gone thru few books and again it comes to your believe.  What i mentioned is based on written in our holy books. You will also find people which have different experience. As i said they say if the person was not supposed to die but died because of some confusion by god's administration or really has some unfinished work here then they are left here as spirit. 

Back home I have met few people claiming to talk to spirits etc but never believed in them earlier but now would do anything to get a chance to talk to her. 

I think when people are vulnerable fake mediums etc can abuse the believe and gain money.

I seriously think that there is some kind of mistake done by God administration because it was not his turn. In his kundali ( you know i believe what i am referring here) it was mentioned that he will live long healthy life, I know we can't believe on this kundali thing totally but still I don't know why i can't believe that he learned all lessons what he supposed to learn and it was just his time.

• Members
7 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

I seriously think that there is some kind of mistake done by God administration because it was not his turn. In his kundali ( you know i believe what i am referring here) it was mentioned that he will live long healthy life, I know we can't believe on this kundali thing totally but still I don't know why i can't believe that he learned all lessons what he supposed to learn and it was just his time.

Don't think too much about all this as it will confuse you more. I had her kundali shown to some one few weeks and this guy is PhD in Astrology and he said Mrs Rastogi has long life don't worry and I was ok as she was not sick or having any life threatening issue. She was god fearing person going to temple (at home) twice or at least once a day. Most of our fights were because I would not do something which she thinks was required to make god happy. Earlier I was thinking too much about all this but now feels if I don't stop my brain will explode.

Peace is what we should look for.

• Members
23 minutes ago, Missy27 said:

God isn’t against it. Just humans who think they speak for God. If it helped you I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Members
10 minutes ago, KavitaHubby said:

Don't think too much about all this as it will confuse you more. I had her kundali shown to some one few weeks and this guy is PhD in Astrology and he said Mrs Rastogi has long life don't worry and I was ok as she was not sick or having any life threatening issue. She was god fearing person going to temple (at home) twice or at least once a day. Most of our fights were because I would not do something which she thinks was required to make god happy. Earlier I was thinking too much about all this but now feels if I don't stop my brain will explode.

Peace is what we should look for.

He was same, in our home he used to do morning and evening pooja, now I don't perform pooja at all. I still think about kundali and all other things , can't help myself to not think about this.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

God isn’t against it. Just humans who think they speak for God. If it helped you I wouldn’t worry about it.

Couldn't say better...

Anything which makes us feel better is ok to do. Just take one day at a time and we all be fine.

• Members
51 minutes ago, LoveGoli said:

He was same, in our home he used to do morning and evening pooja, now I don't perform pooja at all. I still think about kundali and all other things , can't help myself to not think about this.

It's ok if you don't pray as initially we all are angry with our partner's and god. Once this phase is over we will get back to our faith. Some time I pray due to fear that if something happens to me how will my kids do. Sometime I get angry with god and sometimes just pray as i want to.

• Members
15 hours ago, LoveGoli said:

you said "we are around the age of 30 in Heaven", does it means that when we go to heaven we will be around 30 years old. 

I have read this in many different books, and of course I got this same info from my own husband during a medium reading. He said that he looks like he did when he was 30. When he was fit, strong and healthy. When he was 30. he was still in the Air Force.

If we grew up with any deformities, illness, we are perfect in Heaven. Those that pass from the ravages of cancer or some other disease are free from all that and perfect. We all become perfect in Heaven and go back to our youthful, prime of our lives. Your Goli will not change if he was 30 when he crossed over. He is the same as you knew him. :wub:

• Members
2 hours ago, Missy27 said:

There has to be a point of reference we all go to at some point in our lives, and for me, that is the bible.   I believe all scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do and what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing HE wants us to do.   I believe Jesus is the only mediator we need between this world and the world to come.  Scripture talks against mediums and because I believe in scripture, I don't believe in mediums.  We serve an awesome and jealous God who wants us to come to HIM for all our needs.  Our God is a living God and believers have no reason to seek the dead.  This is my own personal belief and I don't ever want to coerce anyone into agreeing with me, because I believe what I believe and I try to live by it.  My belief in God is about trying to be the best I can be in this life while helping others long the way, if I can.

• Members

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Trent

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I think it’s important to keep in mind that the Bible as currently constituted looks the way it does because of mostly political reasons from a thousand years ago. In my opinion, the most important lesson to take from the Bible is Jesus’s message of unconditional love and forgiveness. Just my two cents.

• Members
7 hours ago, KMB said:

I have read this in many different books, and of course I got this same info from my own husband during a medium reading. He said that he looks like he did when he was 30. When he was fit, strong and healthy. When he was 30. he was still in the Air Force.

If we grew up with any deformities, illness, we are perfect in Heaven. Those that pass from the ravages of cancer or some other disease are free from all that and perfect. We all become perfect in Heaven and go back to our youthful, prime of our lives. Your Goli will not change if he was 30 when he crossed over. He is the same as you knew him. :wub:

Awww, I hope this all true and I meet him like he was , healthy, charming, young and full of energy. 

• Members
On 9/26/2017 at 1:29 PM, KavitaHubby said:

Couldn't say better...

Anything which makes us feel better is ok to do. Just take one day at a time and we all be fine.

Thank you

Archived