Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suicidal

Nickyv

• Members

Just over 2 months ago, my world ended. The pain and grief is unbearable. I've stuggled with depression most of my life, my girl comforted me, and kept me alive. I was supposed to keep her safe, and managed to do that for 14 years. We were inseparable. Then a freak accident happened while she was only feet away from me. That image won't leave my head, and I feel responsible for it. I can't live with this constant pain. She was my whole world, and all I had. I'm suprised I've hung on this long. I can't breathe, eat, bathe, I'm so weak. I need to find peace, but don't think I can here on Earth. 

• Members

Dear Nicky,

I'm very sorry for your pain and sorrow. I know its very hard right now. Please know there is help:

Get Help

Help is available! We are here to listen, here to help – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE), or call your local crisis centre.

Language Service: Both of the 310-6789 and 1-800-SUICIDE phone lines are available in over 140 languages using a language service.  Let us know which language you require, and we will try and provide an interpreter.

Contact us:

Anywhere in BC 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433
Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789
Vancouver: 604-872-3311
Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311
Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
Online Chat Service for Youth: www.YouthInBC.com (Noon to 1am)
Online Chat Service for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)

Crisis Lines in BC

Crisis Lines in Canada

Are you in Crisis? Feeling suicidal?

Is someone you know feeling suicidal?

—————————————-

Promotional Materials

Print promotional materials can be distributed by your agency or group, or be displayed at your office, clinic, or community centre.  There are limited amounts and for-profit agencies will be asked for a small fee when ordering cards.

Request Promotional Materials

Get Help

Help is Available! We truly are here to listen, here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE), or call your local crisis centre. Learn More >

Volunteer

Volunteering at the Crisis Centre is a great way to make a contribution to your community. Our vital programs could not exist without our team of more than 450+ volunteers. 

• Moderators

Nicky,

We won't try to talk you out of your pain but we plead with you not to end your life...whatever good might exist in your life in the future would not get a chance to take place.  We sit with you through your pain and reach out to you.  We know the pain of loss, we're here for you.

• Members

Dear Nicky,

Like other people said,you're not alone, we're here for you. I am so sorry for your loss and I understand that you want to end the pain by taking your own life.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT.  SEEK HELP.

Please believe me when I say that it won't be like this forever,though it doesn't seem so at this moment. Like KayC said, give your future a chance. But to do this you have to stay and live through the pain. And we are with you in this. Please don't give up. Give yourself a chance.

• Members

Hi Nicky. I just said good bye to my dog, my soulmate of 18 years yesterday. Im heartbroken beyond anything I've experienced before. I've lost my dad and my grandparents but this feels different. It's a loss that touches my inner child, my younger self, my silly, adoring, doting mama self and it hurts so much I want to jump out of my skin. I know your pain. I wrote a song a few years back , unrelated to This, about letting go and holding onto the love of someone we lose. Please go to YouTube and look for "The letting go by Channel".  I wrote, "Im breathing In, breathing out, Im letting go and I will love you". I hope it can be of comfort. Don't stop believing that a new day will come and maybe your  loss can leave room for the possibility of opening your heart again. Someone out there is waiting for you. Be here for them Breath in and breath out. 

Archived