Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suicidal

Nickyv

• Members

Just over 2 months ago, my world ended. The pain and grief is unbearable. I've stuggled with depression most of my life, my girl comforted me, and kept me alive. I was supposed to keep her safe, and managed to do that for 14 years. We were inseparable. Then a freak accident happened while she was only feet away from me. That image won't leave my head, and I feel responsible for it. I can't live with this constant pain. She was my whole world, and all I had. I'm suprised I've hung on this long. I can't breathe, eat, bathe, I'm so weak. I need to find peace, but don't think I can here on Earth. 

• Members

Dear Nicky,

Please know you are not alone. I have included some information. People care and want to help you.

Get Help

Help is available! We are here to listen, here to help – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE), or call your local crisis centre.

Language Service: Both of the 310-6789 and 1-800-SUICIDE phone lines are available in over 140 languages using a language service.  Let us know which language you require, and we will try and provide an interpreter.

Contact us:

Anywhere in BC 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433
Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789
Vancouver: 604-872-3311
Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311
Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
Online Chat Service for Youth: www.YouthInBC.com (Noon to 1am)
Online Chat Service for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)

Crisis Lines in BC

Crisis Lines in Canada

Are you in Crisis? Feeling suicidal?

Is someone you know feeling suicidal?

—————————————-

Promotional Materials

Print promotional materials can be distributed by your agency or group, or be displayed at your office, clinic, or community centre.  There are limited amounts and for-profit agencies will be asked for a small fee when ordering cards.

Request Promotional Materials

Get Help

Help is Available! We truly are here to listen, here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE), or call your local crisis centre. Learn More >

Volunteer

Volunteering at the Crisis Centre is a great way to make a contribution to your community. Our vital programs could not exist without our team of more than 450+ volunteers. 

• Members

Nickyv, I am so sorry for your pain.  What happened to your girl was NOT your fault. Just an accident. We cannot prevent accidents. Animals are very close to the spiritual world, the afterlife.  Their souls have been here many times.You were blessed to have 14 years with her. That age alone, is quite an accomplishment for a dog. Their spirits accept their physical death more readily than us humans do. They can only be here for so long, to show us unconditional love, be our loyal companion and teach us how we should live our lives. With compassion for others. Your dog loves you. You will always have that bond. She is still with you spiritually.

When those terrible images of her passing pop into your mind, say "STOP"! Replace the imagery with a good memory. Keep practicing this, replacing the images, and soon your mind will adapt to only the good memories. Your dog doesn't want you to stay focused on her passing. She wants you to remember all those good years together.

Please, find someone to reach out to for help in coping! reader gave you a lot of resources. Giving back is a great way to place some focus outside of yourself.  Grieving is the heaviest load we can carry. It helps to get out of our own head for awhile. Maybe seek out a local shelter and volunteer some time in walking dogs, petting them, loving them. Your dog would probably encourage you to transfer some of the love you have in you and show it to other animals in need of affection and attention. Just please, do something to help yourself.:wub:

• Members

NickyV, I have been dark and despondent too. I know your story and it was awful. But, please DO NOT harm yourself. The posts of everyone here are correct. You should get help please. Also, you may not be ready, but many sweet animals could use someone just like you to rescue them. So many animals suffer without love when there are people that could help. I know it does not change what happened, but please consider that. I am so sorry this happened. Per the post above, make a call and talk to someone. 

• Moderators

Nicky,

Your post double posted, so I hope you will read the responses in the other one as well.  You have a lot of people reaching out to you.

Archived