Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My brother

Emma333

• Members

Hi all, I lost my brother 3 years ago on the 24/25th November to suicide, he was only 19. Even though it's almost 3 years ago, I feel like it was only yesterday. I feel soo alone and trapped. Me and my brother was soo close. I looked up to him so much. He was such a happy go lucky boy. Who ALWAYS put everyone's else first before himself. He left us with a huge whole in our hearts. Many peoples hearts, it was soo sudden. My life literally stopped when I found out after my mum discovering him:(. I had to keep strong for the sake of my mum and the rest of my family. He left us with no note or indication on why this happened or why he did it, I guess you could say that I need some sort of closure. But I will never get it unfortunately. I just feel like I'm the only one going through this, I have got so many mental health problems now. I thought that writing on here I hope I come across someone that has gone through the same sort of thing that I could talk to. Thank you for your time and reading this. 

• Members

Dear Emma,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your brother sounds like an amazing young man, so giving and kind to his friends and family. I know its hard. Coping with grief is a long journey. Have you considered talking with a  grief counsellor? or joining a support group? It might help to talk with someone who has more experience with different types of grief.

I also find these websites helpful:

What's Your Grief

The Grief Healing Blog

Please know you are not alone. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived