Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my husband lied to me about my two friends

mariesgril1953

• Members
mariesgril1953

Hi everyone. How is everyone doing? :rolleyes: A couple of months ago my husband told me that my friend went into him in work and told him that another friend of mine didn't like me. This morning when I dropped my son to school I kindly confronted her and my other friend. We decided to go for a coffee and we talked. Absolutely none of it is true, my other friend who supposedly said this to my husband doesn't even know him! I can't believe he would lie to me this way. Last night we where taking, and o said to him I never got to grieve for my mam, and he said that I have had all the time I need - he said he had to take a week of work and nearly lost his job over my mama death!! This has hurt me beyond words. I was extremely close to my mam - she was, is and always will be everything to me. I could talk to her about anything. She always knew if i was having a bad day. Even when we spoke on the phone she knew by the sound of my voice if I was ok or not... Now I feel like I have no one  - other than my 5 year old son. He threatens me that he will take him away from me if I don't 'sort my self out' and 'get over it for my son's sake' that Is so completely unfair. I don't know where to go from here... Do i confront him or bury it like it bottle up everything else. I am not close with my dad. If me and my husband argue, my dad takes his side.

Okay yes I have 'lied' in the past my husband is a heavy drinker and after work (he is a chef) he enjoys a couple of drinks. He would usually always drink after work. Then when he gets home he would say you should go to bed as our son is up for school. I always take him to school. I cook for him, clean the house do dishes, laundry all while my husband sleeps!! It's not at all fair. I feel like I'm gonna explode if I don't get the chance to grieve for my mam in the way I want and need to. What do i do here? Am o being selfish? Unreasonable? Petty? I feel so selfish I really really do. My husband also said on a few occasions that if I don't go to bed etc or talk about him to other people that he will pull the furniture out of the house, get rid of Virgin media  (our tv satellite) and take my son. I feel so lost and alone and upset. I cant take this anymore, I'm gonna snap! Seriously I am!

• Members

Dear Marie,

Sorry to hear about everything you are going through. I know life can get really though. Please know there is help. I found the following information and hope it will help you:

Need help now?

If you need to talk to someone, here are a number of helplines you can contact for confidential non-judgemental support.

If you or someone you know is at risk of suicide or self-harm, you should make contact immediately with one of the following:

• Phone or go to your local doctor
  • Go to the Accident & Emergency department of the nearest hospital
  • Call 999

Most helplines will provide a listening service, give information and advice, provide emotional support and point you in the direction of other services. They are often free-phone services which are staffed by trained volunteers or employees.

The Samaritans

www.samaritans.org
Free phone: 116 123
Email: jo@samaritans.org

Aware (Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder & Anxiety)

www.aware.ie
Tel: 1800 80 48 48

National Suicide Helpline (Pieta House)
1800 247 247

Pieta House (Suicide & Self-harm)

www.pieta.ie
Tel: 01 623 5606

Grow (Mental Health support and Recovery)

www.grow.ie
Tel: 1890 474 474

Bodywhys (Eating Disorders Associations of Ireland)

www.bodywhys.ie
1890 200 444

Irish Advocacy Network (Peer advocacy in mental health)

www.irishadvocacynetwork.com
Tel: 01 872 8684

IACP (Counselling & Psychotherapy)

www.iacp.ie
Tel: 01 230 3536

Irish Council for Psychotherapy (Counselling & Psychotherapy)

www.psychotherapycouncil.ie
Tel: 01 905 8698

Shine (Supporting people effected by mental ill health)

www.shine.ie

Childline

www.childline.ie

1800 66 66 66 24hr a day

One to one chat – 10am-4am

Text BULLY or TALK or HELP to 50101 from 10am to 4am

Text for help

Childline

www.childline.ie

1800 66 66 66 24hr a day

Children/ Teens

Childline

www.childline.ie
Helpline: 1800 66 66 66

OutReach – Online youth mental health service

www.ie.reachout.com

Sexuality

Gay Switchboard Dublin

gayswitchboard.ie
Helpline: 01 872 1055

Parentline

parentline.ie
Helpline: 1890 92 72 77 or 01 873 3500

Abuse, domestic violence & rape

Amen Support Services Ltd.

amen.ie
Helpline: 046 902 3718

Aoibhneas Women and Children’s Refuge

aoibhneas.ie/index.php/services
Helpline: 01 867 0701

Children at risk in Ireland (CARI)

cari.ie
Helpline: 1890 92 45 67

Rape Crisis Network Ireland – Rape Crisis Help

rapecrisishelp.ie
24 Hour Helpline: 1800 77 88 88

The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre

drcc.ie/get-help-and-information/helpline/
24 Hour Helpline: 1800 77 88 88
Email: counselling@rcc.ie

Women’s Aid

womensaid.ie
Freephone: 1800 34 19 00

in your area

Local Associations

useful numbers

Need help now?

courses & seminars

EMPOWER YOURSELF

We run a range of courses and seminars across the country

BECOME PART OF

The Solution

Join the Mental Health Ireland family

Subscribe To Newsletter

Subscribe now to get a copy of our Manage and Reduce Stress booklet and stay informed about mental health and wellbeing updates, events and information. Don't miss things!

First Name

Last Name

Email address:

LIKE AND SHARE FOR REAL

Archived