Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Zain_robson

Big Brother Passes

Hello, my name is Zain. I am 15. Three days ago I lost my brother. He was 19. For those of you who have watched the film Big Hero 6. My life up to now is much like that. We shared many common interests, I aspired to be like him and from what I have heard he looked up to me. He passed away leaving me lost and unsure. I'm still in that stage I believe and will be for a long time. I'm finding it difficult to cope and spend long amounts of time just sat in his room looking at all the stuff he loved and rembering all the things we used to do there when we were younger, I remember playing pokemon with him for hours on end while sat on his bed drinking apple juice and eating pancakes. I'm just sad that he passed so quickly, I never got to say good bye. I don't see how I can continue my life without the guidance of him, I saw him as an idol and an extremely inspirational figure. I think the hardest times are going to be Christmas, his birthdays and any holidays we have without him. Thank you for reading this, the reason I joined this forum is because I think sharing my experiences with people who are struggling the same will make me feel less alone in my struggle.

reader   

Dear Zain,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved brother. He sounds like an amazing young man like you. I'm glad you are here sharing your experience and memories.

Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

soph   

how are you doing?? did posting ease your loss? i have lost my sister and brother in law (her partner) and i am having trouble finding ways to grieve for them.

reader   

Dear Soph,

I'm very sorry for your loss. 

I wanted to suggest these websites for additional supports. I hope you find them helpful: What's Your Grief and the Grief Healing Blog.

Take care of yourself. I know its an extremely difficult time.

Emma333   

Hi, I'm soo sorry for your loss. Reading your paragraph just then was literally like looking at my life for the past 2 years. My brother took he's own life 3 years on the 24/25th November. I STILL to this day can't find anyways to cope well. I mean, I'm starting to get on with my life but the amount of mental health problems that I have got now because of this. It leaves you with all these questions that flood through your mind like; why did you have to go? What was this because of? Could I have helped in anyway? Ect... after asking myself soo many of these questions everyday since then, I have come to realise that the "what ifs" will never ever ever bring him back</3 and that what's happened has happened. You feel  isolated, trapped, everything, and I wanted to join onto this because these years down the line, I have come to realise that I need to speak to other people out there that have gone through the same- if not similar- thing to what I have. Because it's all well and good talking to friends about it, but there is only so much that they can understand, as they have not personally gone through it themselves. I hope you feel more at comfort that you are NOT alone.. and that is something that I have only just realised (the passed day) that we all are not.

My brother died 11/1/2016

I'm sorry 

He hung himself I 

for the both of us 

NO Noooooooooooooo

Nooooooooooooooooo

Edited by norml_farmer
Date wrong cause I don't even know what day it is anymore

I wish i was alone but you are right we are not. I wish I was alone so no1 can feel what we feel. Reading your post just vibrates threw me. 

My brother and I where all that was left of my family my mother died while we where going down the road one day I was 11 my brother was 12 he never came back from that. My kids helped me but it didn't help him. Our great grandmother and grandfather raised us for 8 more years and then they passed two months apart from each other in 2002. I could should of would of right. I know I'm not alone. But the guilt finds me ever where I go. I don't know what to do besides one foot in front of the other. 

Thank you for your post this is my first time talking to anyone I can't even talk to my wife I don't think I'm right in the head anymore. I'm rambling thank u I'm so sorry your loss I'm so sorry 

Sorry for everyone's loss , today marks 6months ago my lil sister was taking from me at the age of 26, you are not alone I feel your pain ,!!!! I'm angry , & in  2011 I lost my dad , so I'm firmilar to grief and it's Many Many ups and downs all too well   in 2011 I thought it was the worst thing I had ever experienced, but this seems to be a lot worse a part of me has died and I know I will never be the same after loosing my only sibling just need to find the strength to move forward whatever that may be ,, one day at a time is right , even minute by minute ..our siblings will always be a part of us again I'm so sorry none of us desereve this