Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my cat

rafalana

• Members

Hi all,

I need to find people who understands what I'm going through, so I'm glad I found this site.

I knew my cat was missing when she did not come for her breakfast, last Sunday. Although she has the freedom to enter and leave the house whenever she wants, she stays home in the morning, and only sometimes leaves the house for short periods during the night. We last saw her at around 5.30 am that morning.

We have done pretty much all that we possibly could, so far, i.e. flyers, vets, local pounds, driving around, search on foot, lost pest website listing, talk to neighbours, leave litter outside, looked in drains, etc. The flyers and web listings seem to be working. We have had a call of a possible sighting, and even support from locals. But nothing fruitful, so far.

Question- What do you do when you suspect (but have no hard evidence) that your cat might be locked inside a neighbour's house? We have approached them, but they said that they have not seen our cat. However, we have heard one of the residents there, in a few separate occasions, say our cat's name before we had even distributed the flyers. The children living there know that we have a cat, and also our cat's name - Sparkles. Either this, or I'm simply paranoid now because I'm literally desperate to have my cat back ASAP.

Can anyone please help me. I am utterly distressed and inconsolable. My cat and I have a very strong spiritual connection. She is irreplaceable, I cannot just get another cat. I cannot even function like this. Yesterday, I had to leave work, because I could not even concentrate and felt dizzy from the lack of sleep. I feel hollow beyond words. I am not eating properly. I have no motivation to do my daily exercise. I cannot go on like this. It has been almost 3 days. I am trying to stay positive, but I can not go on anymore. 

Thank you for listening.

• Members

Oh my what an awful situation. Although if your cat is still alive that is a positive. I would be just as crazed as you. If you really think it's possible your neighbor does have her - maybe they do because they have a misguided belief they've rescued her from the streets which are notoriously dangerous for cats, it's still not right. Perhaps you could call a local animal rescue organization and ask for advice? If not that, perhaps a non-emergency number for your local police and ask for their advice as well?  

• Moderators

It's not likely the neighbor thinks they're rescuing a cat from the streets when they lived next door and know her name, they'd be keeping her on purpose from her home.  I would ask the police' advice.  It's very alarming that you heard the neighbor saying her name inside their home.  Why would they do that if they didn't have her? 

Do you know this neighbor well, are they deranged?

Archived