Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Songs with your loved ones

TooDevastated

• Members

Did you guys had any special songs with your wives/husbands/partners? This was our song and it came up on the radio when I was driving today. I never realised it was a song about longing for someone who died... I guess I had to go through this pain to understand that.

• Members

Poprocks and Coke by Green Day

Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison 

Those were the biggest ones

• Members

The last song my husband and I listened to the day he passed was Let It Be, we played it at his funeral. I now have it tattooed on my foot. Our wedding song was Have I told you lately that I love you by Van Morrison. I try not to listen to music anymore brings up too many emotions for me. I listen to pod casts when I drive instead. 

• Moderators

One of our favorites was Breathe, but we had a lot of songs...so many that my son made a Wedding CD for us with most of our songs on it.

• Members

This was our song. We danced our first dance to it at our wedding. I also played it at her funeral. It really said it all. We only wanted to be near each other.

• Members

@TooDevastated that is a beautiful song. One of the last times we danced together, in our backyard, I remember playing Frank Sinatra's version of "The Way You Look Tonight". And "Could I Have This Dance" by Anne Murray (my parents' wedding song actually), and a lot of Sam Cooke...

We both loved the band Echo & The Bunnymen, not romantic per se, but we would always play their Pandora station while cooking dinner or whatnot, I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to them yet. 

This one wasn't our song by any means, but I've been listening to it a lot lately, the lyrics hit home pretty hard

• Members

Below song is our song, my husband used to sing for me:

When will I get a beautiful-as-the-moon- sweetheart, I had always imagined

you are exactly the way I imagined
no formalities, no promises

no complaints, no commitments

only an innocent face

with two lovely eyes

this is the face of my dreams

the way I imagined

you are exactly the way I imagined

• Members

This was our song, I sang it to her early on in our relationship, I still cry when I hear it now.

Bad English - When I See You Smile

If you want a song that depicts my feelings now.

• Members

There are 2 main songs. We love 90s music.

One of them I'll post here. Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer. 

The other one is too emotional for me to listen to. I have only listened to it once, literally just one time then I turned the song off. It is too emotional for me.

Archived