Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Struggling with guilt

Cat1

• Members

I'm struggling with how guilty I'm feeling with the loss of my kittycat. He was the most beautiful boy and was so poorly that we had to decide in lightening time what to do. 

We had him at the vet on Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday teatime he was gone. I'm missing my boy so much. I keep seeing shadows where he liked to snuggle and I'm so wracked with guilt that I didn't see sooner how poorly  he was. 

He was the biggest part of our family for 17 years and I feel like I've lost my best friend. There is such an enormous hole in my heart. 

20170907_153219.jpg

• Members

Dear Cat1,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your kittycat was a cherished member of your family. I can see he was deeply loved. You did the best you could for him.

Thinking of you during this sad time.

• Members

Hi, I am so sorry you lost your kitty. Please don't feel guilt. It sounds like he was pretty sick. Cats are good at hiding illness. At least you were there for him and he didn't suffer a long time. Of course there is a hole. There will be for a while. I am exactly 4 weeks to the day we lost our guy after having him 10 years. And I miss him so much it hurts everyday. I wish you the best moving through it. There is no way other than to grieve. It is not easy when they are gone because they were such a part of our lives.  

• Members
6 hours ago, reader said:

Dear Cat1,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your kittycat was a cherished member of your family. I can see he was deeply loved. You did the best you could for him.

Thinking of you during this sad time.

Thank you. I wish I could say I was coping but I'm not.

I know it will get easier, but for now it's as painful as can be. 

• Members
6 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Hi, I am so sorry you lost your kitty. Please don't feel guilt. It sounds like he was pretty sick. Cats are good at hiding illness. At least you were there for him and he didn't suffer a long time. Of course there is a hole. There will be for a while. I am exactly 4 weeks to the day we lost our guy after having him 10 years. And I miss him so much it hurts everyday. I wish you the best moving through it. There is no way other than to grieve. It is not easy when they are gone because they were such a part of our lives.  

Thankyou. He was a massive part of our lives. And the house just doesn't seem the same without him.

• Members
3 hours ago, Cat1 said:

Thankyou. He was a massive part of our lives. And the house just doesn't seem the same without him.

Of course not. It won't for a while. You mentioned coping in your other post. That is all you can do. It's sometimes one moment at a time. If your kitty meant a little, the pain would be nothing. This is a representation of how much you loved him and he loved you. This last four weeks has been so devastating for me I have had to visit here often, sometimes daily to post and read posts. I just want to express the pain and anguish. People with pets understand! 

• Moderators

Cat1,

I am so sorry for your loss.  It takes a long time to get used to the changes this means for your life, and even then, we continue missing them.  It's been 1 1/4 years since I lost my Miss Mocha and I still miss her so much!!

17 years is a long life for a cat, you must have taken very good care of him.  No matter how long it is, it doesn't seem long enough to the one losing them.

• Members
8 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Of course not. It won't for a while. You mentioned coping in your other post. That is all you can do. It's sometimes one moment at a time. If your kitty meant a little, the pain would be nothing. This is a representation of how much you loved him and he loved you. This last four weeks has been so devastating for me I have had to visit here often, sometimes daily to post and read posts. I just want to express the pain and anguish. People with pets understand! 

Thankyou 

Archived