Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My love gone forever(pet Degu)

Nadine

• Members

Hey.

I have always lived with my Degu since 8 years. He's been my best friend. Today I killed him by stepping on him while he was under my blanket. I will never forgive me as I have always known he did that. I am sure I have already bad karma for making me lose him as I always paid attention and knew until today. I loved him. I hope to get some kind of enlightment for my stupidity and ease my karma so to never kill any living being again. I feel like finding solace in the penance of hinduism where the act of killing is punished sometimes serverly. I am trying to find a therapist. For the sake of my mother I will try to at least sleep now, I always slept with my best friend.

Nadine, 21

20170831_155102.jpg

20170831_151229.jpg

20170820_173627.jpg

• Moderators

Nadine,

I am so sorry.  This was a tragic accident.  We don't get bad karma from accidents but from willfull wrong.  I am so sorry you are missing him, and yes, I'm sure he forgave you, our animals are so guileless.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf 

http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml

• Members

KayC,

Thank you for taking your time to answer me. Yes they are so guileless. He always forgave me for whatever. They don't need much to forgive. He understood me very well. We comforted each other by cuddling and grooming(he tried to bite me without hurting me like a peck when I groomed him). I was his only companion (his brother died of cancer) and he trusted me too much. I wished to never go away, whether for university or holidays, as long as he lives and needs me. I need/ed him very much

20170730_122005.jpg

20170728_212724.jpg

• Members

Nadine, so so sorry to read about this. I too feel I had a role in my cat's death and all I can do to survive is to forgive myself, I hope you do the same. In time, you will have only the good memories.

• Members

AJWCat. Thank you for your kind reply. I am also very sorry for your loss. It is very hard when guilt drives us mad. I hope too that someday the forgiving happens and that we never have to be in such a situation again.

Thank you, lots of love and strength to you.

• Members

Hi. Im reading these posts because I said good bye to my dog yesterday and also have a broken heart. Yours was a terrible accident through no fault of your own. Things happen, even horrible things, sometimes for bigger reasons that we won't know until far into our journeys in life. Hold onto that,  know that your Degu forgives you and loves you. There is much goodness around the corner. 

Archived