Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Jenna9117

My sister lost her husband to the counrtry

Just yesterday, we received the news that the husband of my sister passed away from the war in our country.  He took a bullet in the heart from a counter sniper.  I feel so sorry for my sister,  she is not talking. I think she is mad at the world. Not a year ago,  our father passed away from cancer,  God took our mother too 10 years ago.  His husband dying changes everything for her.  She was just 29 with a son.  She feels she has no one to be with for the rest of her life.  And the only one who loves her truly and selflessly is now gone.  I want to help her and let her know that im here for her. She was asking how God give those tragedies to us to strengthen us,  what good is her strength if she has no one to be strong with anymore.  Since her husband was sent to war,  she has been praying and she changed, she become more patient and kind, all for a promise of him coming back alive.  But she has lost faith,  and so have I.  Why is God doing this to us?  When will it ever stop?  

reader   

Dear Jenna,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your beloved brother-in-law. I'm very sorry for your loss.  I know the pain and sorrow is unbearable for the whole family right now.

Good of you to support your sister. During grief we all ask ourselves these questions. I'm so sorry, I wish I had an answer that could sooth your mind. From what I understand, we have to keep believing and having hope that God is still with us during these sad times. I'm sure He will understand if we have lost some of our faith, but hopefully we will look to Him for comfort as well.

I think life just happens sometimes and there is no particular reason except it happened. I was like your sister, I tried so hard to be a good person to spare my dad, but my whole belief was shattered. It takes time to rebuild again.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.