Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

nine days...do people forget me?

chasnrosa

• Moderators

M88,

I'm so sorry for all you've been through.  It's hard enough losing your spouse but then to go through that with your stepchildren, it's a lot.  It could be the grandchildren may seek you out when they are older, on their own, I've seen it happen.

• Members

Thank youfor your kind words, Kay.  Yes,that is what I hope for,  i know they will be missing me too - we were very close.  

• Members

The granchildren are only 6,4,3, and 2. And they aren't biologically his. I seriously doubt any of them are going to have anything to do with me anymore. Before the memorial, they were calling and texting and now I don't exist. Which is fine, whatever. I'm just disturbed by the fact that someone is lying or left something out about the first wife and kids. Its just irritating. If they are his, then they are almost my age because he was 18 years older than me. Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I was doing decent for a few days and yesterday I drove to drop off copies of his death certificate to his ex wife (she's gotta get that life insurance) and just broke down crying in the interstate. Ugh. I'm just disgusted with his kids and ex and they irritate me. I don't want them coming to my house. I know we weren't married but together for almost ten years and we don't have kids together but I was the one taking care of him when he was sick. They only came around when they wanted something. I helped raise his kids and he helped with mine. I was the one that gave medicine and drove him everywhere and stayed up all night when he was sick or having panic attacks about dying. I cleaned up his messes and took over his portion of the chores. I did it. Not them. Sorry. Just really irritated. Thanks everyone for listening. 

• Members

M88 (Midge)--- Sending continual prayers your way. So many other losses and inconceivable, nasty issues/people, to contend with, just because we lost our soul mate.

chasnrosa, My prayers going out to you also. it is beyond me why anyone would have put that unwarranted info into a memorial program?  Personally, I would not have included a first wife and children unless the biological parentage was known and proven. That was a back stabbing move, in my opinion. You were his life partner for almost 10 years and it should have been your input politely asked for with the program structure and wording.Try to find peace and leave the crap behind you the best you can. What counts the most in the long term is the love and quality of the relationship you and your beloved shared.

• Moderators

If he had doubts about the parentage, the first 18 years of their lives would have been the time to get DNA tests, if that was never done, it could still be done now with a hair from a comb or something, but honestly, the question is, did he question it enough to not pay child support or see them?  If they weren't in his life, he likely didn't accept that they were his and they shouldn't have been included at his funeral.  Very strange that it was done like it was.  I hope you can get past it and let it go, because it obviously wasn't of importance and consequence to him or they would have been around each other.  I agree with KMB, YOU should have been the one supplying information, not these other people.

Archived