Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This helped me tremendously

Donna7431

• Members

Somebody had posted this in Facebook. I've read it at least twenty times and garner some strength in these words. Hope it helps somebody else.

I had my own notion of grief. 

I thought it was the sad time that followed the death of someone you love.

And you had to push through it to get to the other side.

But I'm learning there is no other side. There is no pushing through.

But rather there is Absorption. Adjustment. Acceptance.

And grief is not something you complete. But rather, you endure.

Grief is not a task to finish and move on,

but an element of yourself.

An alteration of your being. A new way of seeing. A new definition of self.

• Members
1 hour ago, Donna7431 said:

Somebody had posted this in Facebook. I've read it at least twenty times and garner some strength in these words. Hope it helps somebody else.

I had my own notion of grief. 

I thought it was the sad time that followed the death of someone you love.

And you had to push through it to get to the other side.

But I'm learning there is no other side. There is no pushing through.

But rather there is Absorption. Adjustment. Acceptance.

And grief is not something you complete. But rather, you endure.

Grief is not a task to finish and move on,

but an element of yourself.

An alteration of your being. A new way of seeing. A new definition of self.

Donna,

i had a friend send this to me right after My Scott passed and it is so very true.   Another sent me a card with this inside...It is so true.

IMG_1690.JPG

• Moderators

Yes, there is "no other side" and grief is that other side of love...the side none of us want, the one that is the price we pay for having loved.

• Members
2 hours ago, Sue P 67 said:

Donna,

i had a friend send this to me right after My Scott passed and it is so very true.   Another sent me a card with this inside...It is so true.

IMG_1690.JPG

This is one that resonates with me as well. I had been explaining to people that "my heart is full of his love, but aching for more." It's not that I'm heartbroken, b/c that makes me think my heart is broken and the love has poured out. Which isn't what I feel. Its that my heart is so, so full, and I want to give it to him, but have to learn how to love him even though hes gone.

• Members
2 hours ago, elena udatu said:

Hello my name is Elena Udatu from Italy, am vary sorry for what ever you must be going through and your loses. I want to use this opportunity to thank the Great [PRIEST OGAGA] for restoring my husband and relationship back to me, i have been in great pains about my marriage and my husband once lost interest in me and was cheating on me with another woman, he also filed in a divorce against me and told me that he wanted out of our marriage.  until the day i contacted [PRIEST OGAGA] he casted a love spell for me and told me to wait for just 48 hours that my husband will call me. I did according to the instructions given to me by him and surprisingly, in 48 hours, my husband really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me. I am the happiest Woman on earth today because [PRIEST OGAGA] has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony anywhere I go, I want you to know that what ever might be your situation being it

1) If you want your ex back. 
(2) if you always have nightmares. 
(3) Do you want to be promoted in your office. 
(4) Do you want women / men running behind you. 
(5) If you want a child. 
(6) You want to be rich. 
(7) You want to tie your husband / wife to be yours forever. 
(8) If you need financial aid. 
(9) Herbal care and more.

Contact preist Ogaga at his email priestogagasolutionshrine77@hotmail.com

Good luck and thanks for your reading time.

Elena Udatu.

Excuse me, Elena. I get that you have good intentions here, but what does this kind of post have to do with those of us who have lost our soul mates through death????

• Members
TooDevastated
5 hours ago, elena udatu said:

Hello my name is Elena Udatu from Italy, am vary sorry for what ever you must be going through and your loses. I want to use this opportunity to thank the Great [PRIEST OGAGA] for restoring my husband and relationship back to me, i have been in great pains about my marriage and my husband once lost interest in me and was cheating on me with another woman, he also filed in a divorce against me and told me that he wanted out of our marriage.  until the day i contacted [PRIEST OGAGA] he casted a love spell for me and told me to wait for just 48 hours that my husband will call me. I did according to the instructions given to me by him and surprisingly, in 48 hours, my husband really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me. I am the happiest Woman on earth today because [PRIEST OGAGA] has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony anywhere I go, I want you to know that what ever might be your situation being it

(5) If you want a child. 
(6) You want to be rich. 

Elena Udatu.

Unless Priest Ogaga can bring people back from death, your post is irrelevant to this forum really...!

• Moderators
13 hours ago, elena udatu said:

(5) If you want a child. 
(6) You want to be rich. 

Elena Udatu.

I have reported this as very offensive and inappropriate in this section where people have lost their spouse to DEATH and cannot get them back.  Shame on you!!  SPAMMER!!!

• Members
16 hours ago, KayC said:

Yes, there is "no other side" and grief is that other side of love...the side none of us want, the one that is the price we pay for having loved.

Yet we would all gladly do it all over again even though we know how heavy the price is. Alfred Lord Tennyson said it better than I ever could.

• Members
2 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

Yet we would all gladly do it all over again even though we know how heavy the price is. Alfred Lord Tennyson said it better than I ever could.

So very true...for just one more kiss...one more night to fall asleep in his arms <3

Archived