Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Concerns on miscarriage

gracegran

• Members

Hi, I’m from Mississauga and I just passed my first trimester. Since my second trimester started I'm feeling more comfortable. Nausea and vomiting resolved and my mom said that the risk of miscarriage is really small so I can hang out with my friends. Although other difficulties are resolved, a mild lower abdominal pain is causing me discomfort. I sought advice from my gynecologist and she said it is pretty common and there is nothing to be afraid of. My aunt suggested me to try massage therapy for this. I am aware of the fact that massage therapy during pregnancy can result in miscarriage and other related issues. I took an appointment with a registered massage therapist to ensure that nothing goes wrong. How effective is massage therapy, in curing lower abdominal pain due to pregnancy? Although I have medical insurance, will I get insurance coverage for naturopathic practices like this? The clinic that I took appointment provides massage therapy services as other pain relief methods. Please share your wisdom regarding this. Thank you.

• Members

I would rely on the experience and expertise of my doctor in all things concerning pregnancy. If your doctor is not concerned, try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Congratulations! 

ModKonnie

Archived