Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mom passed away 3 years ago

larryjohncarter

• Members
larryjohncarter

My mom passed away 3 years ago, in like 8 days it will be her 4th year being gone. Sometimes i just feel so depressed, i just still cant get over it.

• Members

Dear larryjohncater,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I understand how you feel.  I don't expect to get over the loss of my mom, all I can hope for is in time the pain of loss will be less intense as it is now.  I can't imagine 4 yrs down the road from where I am now.  Its been less than 7 months for me.   I don't think anyone gets over it larry.  If you had a close relationship with your mother and you loose her, its not a replaceable relationship.  I am so sorry it is still very hard for you.  I expect it to be the same for me next year and the year after.  I read somewhere the first year you're in shock, the second year reality sets in and its harder.  I don't know about the 3rd, 4th and 5th.  I think we miss our mothers forever and a part of me thinks we should.  They brought us into the world.  I wish I didn't feel so depressed too but losing a mother changes your life.  Write again.  We are reading, we understand because we are all in the same boat.

Archived