Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 29 yr old son committed suicide and left a 3 month old daughter

Trevors_momma

• Members
Trevors_momma

My son committed suicide. Just need others to talk to who have gone through this. 

• Members
TearsInHeaven

Trevors_momma, I know these words do not come close to alleviating your pain but I am so sorry for your loss.  You have come to a place where those of us unfortunately know the pain of losing a child. all to well. . When a child dies, no matter what age, our world is shattered and we are brought to our knees. This grief process is one long, emotional roller coaster. Your loss is so recent and raw. You have lost your son and have a new baby granddaughter to envelope in your difficult loss. Your world has been violently shaken and all that you know seems to have fallen out from under you.  You have come to a good place.  Right now don't think of how you will get through the rest of your life.  You need to think about the next hour, minute... that is all you can handle right now.    You will learn your way on this path. Sharing your pain can help. Sharing with others who have walked this path can also help. The path is never straight forward.  Someone once told me " SHOW ME A GRIEVING MOTHER AND I WILL SHOW YOU THE BRAVEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD>  SHE HAS LIVED ONE DAY WITHOUT HER CHILD."   I am a couple of years into this and the path of grief throws things at you. But having the ability to get my feelings out  has helped...if helped is the right word.... There is not a day goes by that I do not think of losing my son and the sorrow is always hanging around my heart. I can probably admit to crying daily still.  Not always the gut wrenching cry from early on but a thought, saying his name, can make the tears come. There is not a morning that I wake (an sleep is not always a willing action) that I do not think my son is gone.  There are many on this forum I think of as my mentors who have helped me this far along.

Please join the Loss of an Adult Child.  It is the most active forum in this Loss of a Child and there are many parents interacting. Share your thoughts, frustrations, feelings, whatever you are comfortable with whenever you are ready.  We are listening. Hang on with both hands but never be afraid to reach out.

• Members

trevorsmomma I am so sorry you have to deal with the shock pain and anguish of losing your son it is a horror beyond words. As dianne says the thread loss of an adult child is the most frequently used thread with quick answers suggestions and discussions. We have parents who have lost their child/children in many ways, some to suicide, and we are a friendly group who offer support and encouragement to others in that situation because we know how it feels, the crazy thoughts and emotions, the deep deep sorrow, the fear and anxiety and we want you to know you are not alone ok?

Archived