Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Seeing a medium?

TooDevastated

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoveD,  I cried after my readings also. And then the next day or two, I got even more sunk into the grief pit, because I wanted to be with him even more. Why am I left behind here? We were always together. My husband described Heaven. It is a lot like earth here, but everything is more enhanced, for lack of a better word. He is patiently waiting for me to finish out my life span. He wants to show me around, take me places. I guess in Heaven, if you want to see someone or go somewhere, all you have to do is think it and you are there. This pain is like none other. My husband's turn was up, to move into the next realm of life, and I am unable to share it with him. I have to wait for my turn. My husband passed on to me that I am still needed here yet. I get that. My adult children still need me. My granddaughter was born a month after my husband passed. I have to be here for her too. I love my kids and my granddaughter, but they don't need me 24/7. They are living their own lives. My heart cries every day, because I am miserably lonely for my soul mate.

• Members

KMB, have you read or heard about excess grief will prevent spirits from ascending  higher into the Light and evolving further.  If having several readings within a year, whether it will bother or cause harm to spirits?

• Members
21 minutes ago, LoveD said:

KMB, have you read or heard about excess grief will prevent spirits from ascending  higher into the Light and evolving further.  If having several readings within a year, whether it will bother or cause harm to spirits?

Excess grief can prevent you from receiving signs because the grief can become a wall, a barrier that they cannot penetrate.  I never heard that excess grief can prevent a Spirit from doing what it needs to do, but I am not certain.  I know there is that belief in Buddhism though.  As for multiple readings, I don’t believe our love ones on the other side cares.  No fact, the belief is that they love it when us humans make contact with them.  It’s all love and joy in the afterlife so it is no bother that we make connections.  I suppose that if you do it too often, they may choose not to respond to you because they may feel that you are relying on the, too much for your healing.  I think that if you have good intentions they will respond to you, within reason.

• Members
On 11/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, LoveD said:

Thanks for your comment, Azipod!  I asked the medium when my husband would reincarnate.  She said it won't happen until I move over there. I thought her reply sounds to comfort me.  I searched online and found the best answer so far regarding reincarnation as follows:

https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com/2016/08/06/think-you-understand-reincarnation-think-again/

It's very possible that your husband will wait for you.   There is no such thing as time and physical limitations in the spirit world.  In fact, the passage of events (ie. time) in the spirit world goes at many times the speed of our time here on the earth plane.   I believe it's several hundred or thousand times -- I don't remember.   So while we may be waiting for years or decades to be with our loved ones here on earth, it will only be a quick process for them in the spirit world.   This is why we don't see the signs as frequently as we want.   It takes a lot of energy and effort for them to show us signs, but their "time" also goes very fast so what may seem like a quick moment to them, could be years/days for us.    It is  also entirely possible that your husband will wait for you.  If you are soulmates, you will discuss with him when you cross over, whether you guys agree to reincarnate again in order to develop your soul further.

• Members

Incidentally, I came across a new video for a Medium who I follow.  She gave a talk yesterday (which I did not see until today), stating that the Spirits on the other side love it when we humans want to connect with them.  In fact, she states that many of them stand in line to wait patiently to connect with a loved one.    So I think that answers your question.  No, they are not bothered, not at all.    They love it and that's why there is almost always a connection when you sit for a reading with a reputable medium.   If they were bothered, they will let you know or they simply won't come around during the reading.

• Members
On 10/8/2017 at 3:31 AM, TooDevastated said:

My body cant process this stress well. I still can't eat full meals and in all honesty, I don't care about my health. I want to die so I can finally have some peace.

On 10/9/2017 at 3:30 PM, TooDevastated said:

This is also what keeping me alive. How long will I be able to endure it, I don't know. It could even be 60 years for me :/ 

I get an odd satisfaction reading the news of political tension between USA and N. Korea, middle east, Russia etc. If the ww3 is soon, then I might not have to be around much longer! I know it's dreadful to think that as it would mean A LOT of innocent people would also die... It's just these are the sort of stuff to keep me going now. An earthquake, a volcano, a nuke etc. Just something to relieve me from this pain.

I can't believe that there are other people feeling/ thinking these kinds of things.... I think about this all of the time and then I feel like I am just going insane. How strange is it to feel comfort in the fact that others feel the same?!  I just don't want innocent people to suffer and die. Just me.  

• Members
2 hours ago, divalite5 said:

I can't believe that there are other people feeling/ thinking these kinds of things.... I think about this all of the time and then I feel like I am just going insane. How strange is it to feel comfort in the fact that others feel the same?!  I just don't want innocent people to suffer and die. Just me.

Neither you or TooDevastated are alone in these feelings. We are not going crazy, but the unrelenting pain of missing our loved one can feel unbearable. I had many, many dark thoughts in the first months. By the time the 6 month marker comes around, and this could be give or take depending on the individual,  the full force of this unwanted reality comes at you head on. I was spending whole days and nights crying, wanting to get out of my own skin, away from the pain. Those dark thoughts were constant. It did get less difficult as time went on. I was giving myself pep talks. My husband met a lot of challenges in his life, some we went through together. I can do this for him, for us, because the love bond will always be there.

Between me and this forum though, I still think those thoughts from time to time. I am tired of the loneliness for my husband, tired of doing things by myself, as far as the tough decisions, the maintenance of the vehicles , home and property. This kind of surviving gets old. I am in my late 50's and not looking forward to my senior years being alone. So, if I find out down the road I have a terminal illness, I don't plan on fighting it. If N.Korea wants to nuke the area I live in, just nuke me. Leave everyone else be.

• Members

KMB, thank you for your honesty and stark, raw description of your experience. It is extremely more comforting to me to hear the realness of it than to listen to someone that tells me that "it's going to be ok, you're going to be just fine, give it time" kind of talk. It is refreshing to be on this forum and everyone on here has been amazing! I am so fortunate to have found this forum....

• Members
5 hours ago, divalite5 said:

Divalite5, Grief is a very dark journey that not only goes up and down like a roller coaster, but it also rocks back and fourth, left and right, all while keeping you arrested in the dark.  It is a very rough and difficult ride to endure.   Have comfort knowing that everything we are feeling is entirely normal.  All of us have been there.  I am still going through this terrible journey.

• Members
3 hours ago, KMB said:

Between me and this forum though, I still think those thoughts from time to time. I am tired of the loneliness for my husband, tired of doing things by myself, as far as the tough decisions, the maintenance of the vehicles , home and property. This kind of surviving gets old. I am in my late 50's and not looking forward to my senior years being alone. So, if I find out down the road I have a terminal illness, I don't plan on fighting it. If N.Korea wants to nuke the area I live in, just nuke me. Leave everyone else be.

Same here.  I've made significant process with my healing in the last 4-months.  However, fighting grief is tough and it is unrelenting.   There are moments where I just want to give up and let it consume me.   And yes, I do also believe that it's just so much easier if the DPRK just nuke me.   It would be a gift and I can then join my dear wife.  End of story.

• Members
3 hours ago, divalite5 said:

KMB, thank you for your honesty and stark, raw description of your experience. It is extremely more comforting to me to hear the realness of it than to listen to someone that tells me that "it's going to be ok, you're going to be just fine, give it time" kind of talk. It is refreshing to be on this forum and everyone on here has been amazing! I am so fortunate to have found this forum....

People just don't know what to say.  I am guilty of that too -- until now.   The problem with society is that we are not taught about death and grief.   It is a taboo subject.  So no one is interested in it.   The issue here is that everyone, at some point of their life, will experience a loss of someone special.   But yet, we don't teach it.   That's too bad.    So now we all learn through tough experiences.

When you think about it, in all of our relationships, there's a 50% chance that our partner will go before us.  That's some pretty high percentage.  But yet, we don't get prepare for it.   Where as, at gambling, a 50% chance of a win is considered a very high probability!  Funny how we don't look at things the same here when we talk about death.

• Moderators

I don't know that there IS any way to prepare for it.  Oddly, we were in the middle of taking out life insurance when he died but were haggling with them because they quoted one charge and then billed a much higher amount.  Meanwhile he died so no life insurance.  We had talked about the what ifs but it was such a remote concept, there's no way either of us could know what it'd be like. I'm glad he didn't have to find out.

• Members

Recently I am thinking a question, the medium was really communicating with the dead or just reading my mind.  When we were on the phone to communicate, I wasn’t thinking about all those points that the medium mentioned.  Also whether the medium can read or feel my mind for the events that happened several weeks before the reading?  There were a few points that really represented my husband’s opinion instead of mine.  I feel puzzled and would like to hear your opinion.

• Members

Could be both.  A Medium is psychic as well.   That's why it's advisable to not tell the Medium anything before hand and to not give him or her any information about yourself.  Let the Medium bring in the Spirit and have the Medium validate the person for you.  Only when you know that the Medium has been able to validate the information, and have revealed things that makes sense about the person, and perhaps including things only you and your partner could no, only then you tell them who that person is.    In other words, you want the Medium to prove that they brought in the actual spirit before you reveal your story and why you're there.

• Members

Thanks, Azipod!  When I had the reading, the medium said there were several spirits came over, and asked whom I wanted to talk to.  I said my husband.  She didn't even ask my and my husband any information.  She delivered my husband's information very smoothly (80% accurately) which was surprised.  In between she talked about the old lady's spirit whom I identified it was my mother-in-law.  Last she talked about another old man whom I couldn't identify even though after that I asked my mom.  She couldn't tell whom that old gentleman was.  Maybe next time I should ask the medium to identify the spirit relationships with me first.

Archived