Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
TooDevastated

Seeing a medium?

Is it crazy that I want to get a reading from a medium? I'm not sure what I expect from it. 

Do you think I might feel a little better hearing a word from his spirit? I have always thought this sort of stuff was scam and stupid but now, I feel as though I need it.

I read that some mediums are really good and recommended. Any sort of assurance coming from my boyfriend would be comforting really.

I'm curious if anyone else has an experience on this and everyone's opinion on it in general. 

Ka9219   

It all depends of what you need or what you believe. Two weeks after Mario passed I went to see a psychic, he is a friend of the family, I didn't communicate with Mario but we talked about the incident, what Mario felt, where Mario was, some whys and some answers, the problem is that some things are difficult to believe or stand. He told me that it was Mario time, one way or another he had to die, and sometimes I wonder why life made so much effort in putting us together is there was only 9 months for us.

You need to be open mind to attend this kind of things, some people might judge you, but I think we need to do what feels right. I do believe in all those things, some people don't.

Azipod   

I recently decided to go this route.  I've never been spiritual in the past but am now after I lost my wife.  I've been reading about half a dozen of books written by various Mediums and I've opened up my mind to believing.  The problem with me is that their views about death (they call it a transition), is the only thing that gives me some hope.  The hope is that my wife truly isn't gone and that she is still with me.   It's the one thread that I'm holding onto.

Check with me towards the end of next week and I can tell you how it went.  

25 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

Do you think I might feel a little better hearing a word from his spirit? I have always thought this sort of stuff was scam and stupid but now, I feel as though I need it.

I've always thought they were a scam as well. In fact, I've watched several documentaries on how they do what they do. That being said, I am also considering going to a medium. I've just kind of accepted that even if I know it's probably not true, it may make me feel better anyways. I will say that scammers prey on the desperation of people like us. If you think that it will make you feel better though that's all that really matters. Any port in a storm

RWT143   
1 hour ago, Azipod said:

I recently decided to go this route.  I've never been spiritual in the past but am now after I lost my wife.  I've been reading about half a dozen of books written by various Mediums and I've opened up my mind to believing.  The problem with me is that their views about death (they call it a transition), is the only thing that gives me some hope.  The hope is that my wife truly isn't gone and that she is still with me.   It's the one thread that I'm holding onto.

It is the only thing that keeps me going as well.  I actually spoke to a medium the day of Russell's service.  She had told me it may be too soon, that usually people can't come through for a few months to over a year after they passed - he had died two weeks prior.  I told her I was sure I wanted to do it.  She is a friend of my family but didn't know anything about Russell, me, our relationship, or details of how he died.  His spirit/energy was the first to come through.  I know it was him - she passed along information that she had no way of getting on her own - about pain he experienced (very specifically), experiences that she wouldn't know about, and things I have done since he passed.  I know he is around me - I feel him. I talk to him all the time.  She really validated that I am not crazy and that it is not just wishful thinking on my part.  I know that not all mediums are legitimate.  I'm not saying everyone else will have the same good fortune.  But I believe 100% 

Azipod   

RWT143, thanks for sharing your experience.  One thing that I've noticed is that all mediums seem to have very identical views about how things work after ones transition.  As for the individual who sought readings, their experiences and feedback seem to be very identical as well. It's all very consistent.  

7 hours ago, Azipod said:

I fixed up a reading for tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes too.

I, too, have been reading spiritual books includings ones writte by mediums. Thats the only thing that keeps me going as well. The thought that my boyfriend is around and we will be united once I "cross over" sounds so good. 

I have not been a very religious person although not a strict atheist. I hope/wish/pray so much now that there really is an afterlife and that Bruce isnt all gone. 

6 hours ago, RWT143 said:

It is the only thing that keeps me going as well.  I actually spoke to a medium the day of Russell's service.  She had told me it may be too soon, that usually people can't come through for a few months to over a year after they passed - he had died two weeks prior.  I told her I was sure I wanted to do it.  She is a friend of my family but didn't know anything about Russell, me, our relationship, or details of how he died.  His spirit/energy was the first to come through.  I know it was him - she passed along information that she had no way of getting on her own - about pain he experienced (very specifically), experiences that she wouldn't know about, and things I have done since he passed.  I know he is around me - I feel him. I talk to him all the time.  She really validated that I am not crazy and that it is not just wishful thinking on my part.  I know that not all mediums are legitimate.  I'm not saying everyone else will have the same good fortune.  But I believe 100% 

I hope my boyfriend comes through as well! He is the only significant person I has lost since my grandfather (and he has been sick for years before his death and had a good long life so...)

I read that the medium I booked a reading with is "the real deal". I really hope to hear from him. 

7 hours ago, Djh0901kc said:

I've always thought they were a scam as well. In fact, I've watched several documentaries on how they do what they do. That being said, I am also considering going to a medium. I've just kind of accepted that even if I know it's probably not true, it may make me feel better anyways. I will say that scammers prey on the desperation of people like us. If you think that it will make you feel better though that's all that really matters. Any port in a storm

My boyfriend would tell me I am so gullible for doing this. My previous self woulf tell me I am so gullible for doing this!

How I need the tiniest bit of hope now, though! I will not say yes or no. I will try not to give any reactions and just listen. And at the end, I can ask questions. I'll let you guys know how it goes. 

My fiancé was murdered one month ago and I am also considering going to a medium. The people around me would probably disagree with it but if there is any chance that I can communicate or feel a connection to him again, I'm willing to try. I've always been more on the skeptical side but I feel that there are real mediums out there.

23 minutes ago, Savannah H said:

My fiancé was murdered one month ago and I am also considering going to a medium. The people around me would probably disagree with it but if there is any chance that I can communicate or feel a connection to him again, I'm willing to try. I've always been more on the skeptical side but I feel that there are real mediums out there.

I am so sorry Savannah H... my boyfriend also died a little over a month ago due to a sudden heart attack. I imagine losing your significant other to a murder must be even harder... I have nothing to say to make you feel better. I myself dont feel any better or feel like I'll ever be better. I am SO sorry you joined this club :/

Know this: you will find support and understanding here. 

RWT143   
14 hours ago, Azipod said:

6 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I fixed up a reading for tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes too.

I hope you both have positive experiences and can't wait to hear how it goes!  I will be thinking of you.  I just know how much it meant to me and want others to feel the same hopefulness and get some comfort in believing that our those we've lost love us and are still with us, even if we can't always see/here/feel them there.  If not for that, I would have nothing to keep me going...

Francine   
14 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I'm curious if anyone else has an experience on this and everyone's opinion on it in general. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe in mediums or fortune-tellers. There is scripture that talks against it. I think a lot of people want some validation that their loved ones are safe and OK; I certainly did when my Charles died and I thought if he was OK, then I'd be OK.  After much prayer, I was given that validation - a peace that was so surreal, I knew my Charles was OK. And while I still mourn him; yearn for him; love him, my soul knows he's OK, and that makes me OK.  Whatever you decide to do, you are in my prayers that you too find the peace you are looking for. 

Francine   
7 hours ago, Savannah H said:

I am so sorry for your loss and know too well the pain you are experiencing.  If you feel like seeing a medium will help you, than by all means do it; I just don't share your views on mediums, and you know what - that's OK.  We all must find ways that will help us through this unexpected, devastating journey.  This brings to mind a scripture passage that reads, Ask and it shall be given; Seek and you shall find and Knock and it shall be opened to you.  I pray that you find what you are seeking and that God will give you the peace you need within your heart to get through this most difficult time in your life.   I hope you continue to post; we all are here for a reason; to help and encourage others along the way - no doubt - but more than that, to learn from and love each other along this journey.

1 hour ago, Francine said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe in mediums or fortune-tellers. There is scripture that talks against it. I think a lot of people want some validation that their loved ones are safe and OK; I certainly did when my Charles died and I thought if he was OK, then I'd be OK.  After much prayer, I was given that validation - a peace that was so surreal, I knew my Charles was OK. And while I still mourn him; yearn for him; love him, my soul knows he's OK, and that makes me OK.  Whatever you decide to do, you are in my prayers that you too find the peace you are looking for. 

Francine,

Thank you for your kind words and for being there for all of us here. I'm glad to have found this place when none of my friends/family get this pain. <3

KMB   
10 hours ago, Savannah H said:

Savannah, I am deeply sorry for your tragic loss. I lost my husband from sudden cardiac arrest. No matter the manner in how we lose our soulmate, the pain is great, insufferable. My heart goes out to you. Please, keep reading posts and sharing when you feel the need. All of us here know pain, emptiness, loneliness. Prayers for comfort, love and peace going out to you.  (HUGS)

Azipod, I am anxious to hear what you have to say. It's been seven months for me and I miss him terribly. I have had one dream of him and it was disturbing. I never feel like he is around me, though I continue to talk to him throughout the day. I am near desperate to feel him around me. I redid my will yesterday as we had no children and it had to be done. I am broken. I would love to contact a medium if there is anything to t? 

Ka9219   
14 hours ago, Savannah H said:

Savannah I am so sorry for you loss, I can imagine how hard is to loss someone in that tragic way, my boyfriend died two months ago of brain death. I think is ok to do what feels right for us, I also think there is people out there with the true "gifts". 

Azipod   
39 minutes ago, Donna7431 said:

Azipod, I am anxious to hear what you have to say. It's been seven months for me and I miss him terribly. I have had one dream of him and it was disturbing. I never feel like he is around me, though I continue to talk to him throughout the day. I am near desperate to feel him around me. I redid my will yesterday as we had no children and it had to be done. I am broken. I would love to contact a medium if there is anything to t? 

Hi Donna,

I will be posting here next Thursday night to share my 1st experience with a Medium.    I am sorry to hear that you do not feel you husband around you.  I have not had any visitation dreams either -- and I'm a bit surprised.

Prior to losing my wife, I have never been spiritual.    However, I've been feeling all sorts of interesting vibes and energy around me.  It's mostly occurring at home.  I've also noticed what Mediums call "signs" around the house.  I can never say for sure that the signs are indeed from my wife, but I will never say it's not, because the feeling and the personal experiences are quite surreal.  

I'm going to see if the Medium is able to validate some of these experiences for me. Sadly, my upcoming appointment is the only thing that I've been excited about.  Everything else in my life is dry.

KayC   
9 hours ago, Francine said:

This is my belief/feelings too.  No judgment here, even with different belief systems represented here, we all understand what each other are feeling, I pray for peace for all.

So I am sharing my experience with this medium. It was a disaster! She "guessed" everything wrong. She didnt even know I lost my boyfriend so the half of the reading was on career advise!!

After I asked questions about my boyfriend who died, she guessed his age and appearance and personality and all of that was wrong. 

She said things that would apply to everyone in my position like "He is sorry to have left you behind. He wanted the two of you to get married. He misses you so much but he wants you to keep going. Meet other people and have a life. Have kids. He will be waiting for you in the afterlife once yoh cross over. He is showing me a golden heart. Oh thats sweet. He loved you more than everyone."  bla bla bla.

It was a waste of time and money. But I did have a good laugh! She said nothing whatsoever that my boyfriend would have said. What a pity there are these people making profit on others need for assurance in a hard time of their lives. She just told me what she thought Id like to hear. Because I didnt give any reactions other than "hmmm" "OK" "I see", her usual tactics didnt work. 

If she is a real deal like everyone says, then she should have told me that she couldnt sense/anything about my boyfriend and that would have been better.

I will not lose faith that he is waiting for me, though. I have had SO many 'signs' as they call it. I know he is around me and doing his best to comfort me (I feel I am in pain beyond comfort, but thats another story).

So there it is. My medium experience was a scam and full of lies.

M88   

I am so sorry you had this bad experience, TooDevasted.  Have faith in your feelings that your partner is around you, feelsyour pain, goes where you go, sees what you see.  He will be reinforcing your feelings by sending signs that you will recognise as coming from him.  

Sending strength and hugs X 

Ka9219   
4 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

She just told me what she thought Id like to hear.

I hate this so much, went I went to the psychic all the reading was focus on Mario's tragedy and he told me so painful things. 

He told me Mario was tired and he left I as soon as he could, he didn't fought back, and of course it broke me because I thought he could fight for staying here with me.

He also told me that the last hours of Mario's life were bad, something bad happened to him and he was so angry at the time of the accident, it was so sad for me to know that until his last day his aunts were bothering him.

He told me that I had the chance to be pregnant but if I had, I would have lost the baby because all the suffering.

Some days ago I spoke casually with him again, the psychic, and he told me that probably someone else in Mario's family is dying in a medium term, this is super sad because I love them.

There were good things of course, he made me promise him that I will keep all the promises we made to each other. 

KayC   
9 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

It was a disaster! She "guessed" everything wrong.

There should be a licensing board for mediums and if they can't be more accurate than general guessing, you should get your $ back.  In the old days if a prophet's prophecy didn't come true, they were killed.  I guess that would cut down on the scammers.

I'm glad you haven't lost your belief in what will come.  We need that to hold onto!

KMB   
12 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

So there it is. My medium experience was a scam and full of lies.

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Did you talk to a psychic or a medium? There is a difference. Not all psychics have medium capabilities.There are places online with directories for qualified, board tested, authenticated mediums.

Hi Too Devastated,

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't very good. People who have readings with mediums who are fakes/self-deluded/just not very good sometimes have their grief worsened - the disappointment when you are searching to have your loved one's ongoing survival confirmed, can be profound. These charlatans make me so cranky - and unless they can offer good, evidentiary support of ongoing survival (for example by telling you things the medium could not possibly have known about your loved one AND no "fishing" or building on answers you give them) they need to stop taking people's money. There are, however, some people out there with a genuine gift. I have had three readings - two were quite good, and the last was a lot of bull-kukka. I'll have another eventually with one I have researched.

What has helped me is to research the afterlife as much as possible. At this stage, my experience is that it's no longer a question of what I believe - there is a welter of strong evidence in favour of ongoing survival, even if materialists do reject it out of hand. Your boyfriend does survive, is with you, and you will see him again, hon.

You may or may not be in the headspace to do a easy online course called Love Knows No Death - about which more info can be found here: https://www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org/site/page/70

It shows you some of the actually scientific evidence for the afterlife. If you are interested at any stage, pm me - I can help out with a couple of resources.

"Hello from Heaven" is a lovely, gentle read about After Death Contact - while I don't like the authors' position on suicide, it's a comfort to see that many, ordinary down to earth people have had visitations from loved ones.

Also, if you have time, please take a couple of hours to watch this documentary about mediums, with particular focus on the Scottish medium Gordon Smith - his gift for bringing through absolute nitty-gritty accuracy is spellbinding; he never charges for readings and is a caring man who has never forgotten humility): 

Hugs if okay,

Louise xo

1 hour ago, KMB said:

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Did you talk to a psychic or a medium? There is a difference. Not all psychics have medium capabilities.There are places online with directories for qualified, board tested, authenticated mediums.

Any chance you could link one of these directories?