Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Seeing a medium?

TooDevastated

• Members
TooDevastated
9 hours ago, LoveGoli said:

My case is totally opposite, i sleep a lot. Here is Saturday and i am sleeping since morning almost 12 hrs.

I have been admitted to the ER friday evening after driving home from work and fainting in my parked car by the house. They have given me iv drips etc. They said my body seems to be weak at the moment but are keeping me here until monday until the senior physician is in to check...

Even my body hates this new kind of existence apparently... 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TooDevastated,   I am sorry you've found yourself in the hospital! I hope you are doing okay?  Grieving is tough. It does take a toll on the body. Which is why we here the lectures about self-care. Drinking plenty of fluids to stay hydrated, eating small portions of healthy food whenever possible. Getting adequate rest and sleep. Even if getting sleep means seeing a doctor for low dose sleep aids. Taking walks for the fresh air to give our minds a break and for the exercise to keep the blood circulating properly. Our loss is stressful on the mind and our body needs its strength so our system can cope.

I wish you well soon. Keep us posted! Sending prayers of love, strength, peace and comfort!

• Members
3 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I have been admitted to the ER friday evening after driving home from work and fainting in my parked car by the house. They have given me iv drips etc. They said my body seems to be weak at the moment but are keeping me here until monday until the senior physician is in to check...

Even my body hates this new kind of existence apparently... 

Hang in there, TooDevastated.

I’m sorry to hear that you have been admitted to the hospital. I know we can’t say anything to cheer you up because we are all going through hell. 

Rest assured that we are all thinking about you. Please keep us updated because we will start to worry if we don’t see you around.

• Members
TooDevastated
10 hours ago, KMB said:

I wish you well soon. Keep us posted! Sending prayers of love, strength, peace and comfort!

My body cant process this stress well. I still can't eat full meals and in all honesty, I don't care about my health. I want to die so I can finally have some peace.

• Members
TooDevastated
9 hours ago, Azipod said:

I know we can’t say anything to cheer you up because we are all going through hell. 

Thank you Azipod! I know! I wish we could do something to make this pain go away for each other here! I would really prefer any sort of physical pain than this... I hope you guys have better sundays than I currently am. I will keep you posted. 

• Members
2 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

Thank you Azipod! I know! I wish we could do something to make this pain go away for each other here! I would really prefer any sort of physical pain than this... I hope you guys have better sundays than I currently am. I will keep you posted. 

I don't have any better weekends not even ok. One of my office friend asked me to go out but i rejected, i just want to hide from world. 

Last movie me and my husband saw together was coming to TV today and I just broke down that moment. Its remind me how he was so excited to watch that movie, how he was reacting on different scenes. No matter how hard i try to avoid every small thing triggered me.

• Members

I know what you mean, LiveGoli. Seems that anything and everything upsets me and has me thinking about Lauri. The truth is that I don't need reminders or triggers. I think about her all the time. Grieving is my job right now. Everything else seems secondary. 

I have also not been getting out much. My therapist wants me to get back to working out at the gym but I cannot seem to get myself to do it. Lauri had started coming with me and it hurts to consider going without her. 

I wish I had something to offer you but this is the best I've got right now. 

• Members

TooDevastated,  Please, hang in there for us. We know and feel each other's pain and loneliness. You have to stick with us here. I know you don't want to, but you are still much loved and needed here yet.  Heck, all of us , if given the option, without recrimination,  would rather be with our loved one and put an end to the emotional pain. I have been on the edge myself many times. I don't know what the atonement would be for our soul if we made that choice, so I choose to stay here until it is my natural time.  We all just keep plugging away, day by day. It is all that we can do for now. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Members

LoveGoli, You hang in there too! Every day is difficult and we all agree that the weekends are doubly so. A friend of mine gave me some advice early on. She said to just get up and do. Don't think, just do. It was easier said than done, of course. It takes a lot of repeated effort. Just get up, take a walk, focus on your surroundings. Pay attention to your loved ones, place your focus on being of help to them.  I found out for myself that it does help just to get out and get out of our own head and misery for a bit at a time. Grief work IS hard work. KayC has said it many times here. We have to put in the effort and it is going to be the hardest thing we ever do. We have to give ourselves the chance and the hope that less difficult days are coming. Think about Goli. How he lived each day to the fullest. His positive attitude and smile. That is what he wishes for you also. Keep your chin up and do your life for him and for yourself.

• Members

Paluka,  You hang in there too!  While KayC is temporarily offline, she wishes for all of us to hang in there and help each other along.

• Members
2 hours ago, KMB said:

Paluka,  You hang in there too!  While KayC is temporarily offline, she wishes for all of us to hang in there and help each other along.

Well... looks like we little ducklings are going to have to support ourselves until Mama-Kay comes back.  Will we make it?    Will all of us be able to cross the road without getting hit?

• Members

I was kinda serious about sending her a smartphone. If anyone knows her address I’ll buy one and pay for it for the next six months and send it to her

• Members

It also kind of blows my mind that there are still places where people don’t have smartphones and only get online via pc. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

It also kind of blows my mind that there are still places where people don’t have smartphones and only get online via pc. 

Depends on where you live. I live in the rural area of northern Wisconsin. I have a desktop and I also have a laptop, which my daughter is currently using since she moved back in. It sucks for her because she is used to doing everything on her smartphone. There is no cell service out here.

KayC lives near the mountains in the western part of the country. I think she might have the same issues.

Also, not everyone can afford cellphones. Especially those of us on retirement incomes, such as KayC and myself. It is just enough to pay for internet service.

• Members

Right I wasn’t being a jerk or anything. It’s just different when I think about how everyone I know has an iPhone or a Galaxy and is online 24/7

• Members

I live in rural Illinois but we still have 4G pretty much everywhere. I have a buddy that lives in the Colorado mountains and he is totally subject to WiFi going in and out. He makes a boatload of money, has two businesses, and it still doesn’t make a difference. If it’s out it’s out

• Members

No problem, Djh!  We just have different living situations. I have problems with internet connections also. The line ends right at the house. It is supposed to be high speed, but the phone line field tech warned that there might be issues with the route line ending out here. If there are heavy rain days or even in the winter when the temps go into sub-zero, there can be issues as well.

• Members
TooDevastated
On 08.10.2017 at 8:00 PM, KMB said:

TooDevastated,  Please, hang in there for us. We know and feel each other's pain and loneliness. You have to stick with us here. I know you don't want to, but you are still much loved and needed here yet.  Heck, all of us , if given the option, without recrimination,  would rather be with our loved one and put an end to the emotional pain. I have been on the edge myself many times. I don't know what the atonement would be for our soul if we made that choice, so I choose to stay here until it is my natural time.  We all just keep plugging away, day by day. It is all that we can do for now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thanks for your kind words and support KMB!  It means more than you know. If I get diagnosed with a deadly illness, I seriously have no intention of seeking any sort of treatment... I seem to be doing better now though.. Unfortunately. Although I have considered suicide many times, I have not acted upon it yet. I'll endure this new terrible life for as long as I can. I have you guys to thank for sharing my loneliness and bitter feelings. Hugs X

• Members
On 10/8/2017 at 10:00 AM, KMB said:

I don't know what the atonement would be for our soul if we made that choice, so I choose to stay here until it is my natural time.  

Same concern here.  I would have taken my life already had it not been for other believers confirming the existence of the spirit world. The hope that I would be reconnected to my wife in the afterlife is the only thread that's keeping me alive.

• Members
TooDevastated
20 minutes ago, Azipod said:

Same concern here.  I would have taken my life already had it not been for other believers confirming the existence of the spirit world. The hope that I would be reconnected to my wife in the afterlife is the only thread that's keeping me alive.

This is also what keeping me alive. How long will I be able to endure it, I don't know. It could even be 60 years for me :/ 

I get an odd satisfaction reading the news of political tension between USA and N. Korea, middle east, Russia etc. If the ww3 is soon, then I might not have to be around much longer! I know it's dreadful to think that as it would mean A LOT of innocent people would also die... It's just these are the sort of stuff to keep me going now. An earthquake, a volcano, a nuke etc. Just something to relieve me from this pain.

• Members
9 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

This is also what keeping me alive. How long will I be able to endure it, I don't know. It could even be 60 years for me :/ 

I get an odd satisfaction reading the news of political tension between USA and N. Korea, middle east, Russia etc. If the ww3 is soon, then I might not have to be around much longer! I know it's dreadful to think that as it would mean A LOT of innocent people would also die... It's just these are the sort of stuff to keep me going now. An earthquake, a volcano, a nuke etc. Just something to relieve me from this pain.

I totally feel the same way.    We had the gunman in Las Vegas who took out 58 innocent folks at a concert.   Las Vegas is a one hour flight away from me.  I wished I was there.  I could have saved one of the 58 folks who actually wanted to live. .... because I surely do not.

• Moderators
On 10/6/2017 at 3:55 PM, Paluka said:

I don't know if there is enough time. I can't seem to stop crying today. Pain feels worse than ever. I moved a pair of her shoes to the closet and broke down. I have lost 17 pounds and can't seem to eat. My sleep is getting worse because I'm waking up screaming or crying all night. I'm feeling so lost and broken. 

KMB is right, it's important to take care of yourself and not push yourself too hard, you're going through a lot and there's plenty of time for all of this adjustment, no need to rush it.  Going back to work in itself was huge.  Most of us don't feel like eating in early grief but we need nourishment to function at even low level.  I found it helped to make healthy smoothies, easier to drink something than try to eat. 

I had a hard time sleeping and did myself a disservice by not getting help from my doctor with it.  There are non-addictive sleep aids the doctor can prescribe...if you're working you will need nourishment and sleep to be able to do your job.

• Members
2 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I seem to be doing better now though

That is good to hear!  Is the doctor running tests or are you just run down?

• Members

I listened to one through Facebook. Somebody here referred her. This woman is in Australia. First she was 1/2 hour late connecting me. Difficult as you can imagine the anxiety in me while waiting. It was a bunch of bullshit. She kept saying general things that any widow would experience. For example, he is telling me it is ok to get rid of his clothes. I had done that months ago. I told her after the hour that I truly felt no connection. In her defense, she offered a redo. But I was shattered and upset that nothing happened. Connection back with her I am convinced would be a waste of time. Has anybody truly connected through a medium? Referrals? I really want to believe in this.

• Members

Just read I posted above in middle of conversation, so sorry. I didn't read the thread. Too Devastated, have you started on antidepressants? I always took one and just had dose increased. It is helping tremendously 

• Members

Donna, I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I see that you are in Arizona. Fara Gibson is in Arizona. She has herself on Facebook. She posts a lot of great things to read and also, with clients permission, she posts their readings. She is a little pricey, but if you read through her posts, you might feel she is worth it.

• Members
On 8/10/2017 at 6:55 AM, Francine said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe in mediums or fortune-tellers. There is scripture that talks against it. I think a lot of people want some validation that their loved ones are safe and OK; I certainly did when my Charles died and I thought if he was OK, then I'd be OK.  After much prayer, I was given that validation - a peace that was so surreal, I knew my Charles was OK. And while I still mourn him; yearn for him; love him, my soul knows he's OK, and that makes me OK.  Whatever you decide to do, you are in my prayers that you too find the peace you are looking for. 

Francine, is it you don't believe or because you believe it is wrong to do it? Does the scripture talk against it because it is wrong to do or because it doesn't exist?

• Members
On 10/15/2017 at 4:20 PM, Donna7431 said:

Francine, is it you don't believe or because you believe it is wrong to do it? Does the scripture talk against it because it is wrong to do or because it doesn't exist?

I guess for me, the bible is my reference on how I should live life.  I believe scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us what to do and what is right. Again, I believe it is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing HE wants us to do.  Since you posed the question, yes, there is scripture that talks against it being wrong.  I'd be more than happy to quote some if you'd like.  Again, this is my belief and I would never try to coerce anyone into agreeing with me.  Whatever makes people feel comfortable in getting through this journey and finding some kind of peace is important to them and their state of mind and I'm for one am all for that. 

• Members

I had my first ever reading by a Medium yesterday and the experience was mind-blowing.

The reading was around noon so I started off the morning at home by doing basic things, being careful to not in-gross myself into things that require a lot of concentration or would induce stress.   After I had breakfast and took a shower, I decided to sit down to calm myself in preparation for the reading.   I lit and burned 3-incense and started to meditate to get my breathing rhythm down and and my mind to calm.   As I got into the 10-minute mark, I started to imagine myself in an open peaceful grassy area where I was by myself, with rolling hills as a back drop.  I then set the intentions for the day, and asked for white light protection.  While absorbing the white light, I asked the angels and my spirit guides to come in.  I related to them that I wanted to make a connection with my wife today and I asked for their help.  This session of meditation was very profound as I actually got tearful towards the end.

A short time after noon, I parked my car outside of the house of the Medium.  I sat there for a few minutes to calm myself down again (had been driving for an hour).   My session with the Medium began immediate after I walked in the door.   As soon as I sat down, the Medium told me that an older male is coming forward.  She related a few things about this person who I had no clue to who he was.   At the 10-12 minute mark, she suddenly said that there's someone else who is coming forward and moving the male aside.     What began then were a series of validations that proved that it was my wife.

She began to describe my wife, down to the age group.  She also knew the passing was recent.  She then said that she is saying that she regrets not telling me certain things (Yes, my wife had some things she did not disclose which lead to her passing).    She then was able to "feel" the passing and said it had something to do with the blood AND breathing, with more heavyness on the right-side.  That was spot on, my wife had heart and lung failure... and it was the Right lung that failed.  She then said the spirit is making me feel teeth trouble.   I followed-up and said you or me?  She clarified and said the spirit is saying that I have dental problems.   Spot on again. (I'm seeing an oral-surgeon next week for extraction/implant work.)     Then there were other more subtle validations which I knew it was my wife passing on messages.     Such as my wife kept showing the Medium "house remolding" pictures..... makes sense since we were in constant remolding of the house we built together over the last 3-years.    Was the Medium perfect?  No, but she was spot on 80% of the time.

The kicker was when she told me that the spirit said that she's been trying to get acclimated  to the other side, and had been working hard to send me signs to show me that she's still here.  The spirit wanted me to ask her for a particular sign and that she would send that to me.   So in my mind, I told my wife that I wanted her to "move things" to show me that she was still around -- though afterwards I regret not being a bit more specific about what to move.

Low and behold, when I woke up this morning, the portrait of us that's sitting on her bed stand move a full 90-degrees from facing forward, to facing inwards towards me on the bed.  SHOCKING!

So, where does that leave me?   Well, I already believe in the spiritual afterlife even before the session (I've had many signs in the past).  I guess this reading is just another way to confirm that our loved ones are still here,  they are just in a different form.     Does this make me feel better?  Yes, a little bit.  But once again, I already know she was here.   Am I still sad?  Yes, because my wife isn't here physically.    Does a reading provide  healing?   That depends.   

Either way, if you prep yourself properly for the reading, be open minded, you may experience something that you may find to be mind-blowing.  I sure did --- and I was already a believer!

• Members

Azipod,   Simply beautiful  and profound when validations and messages are sent. The prep work and meditating are beneficial. Certainly an open mind and heart are needed. If you take meditation to the higher levels, you can eventually connect with your wife yourself. It also helps if you can figure out which of the "clair" senses you might have of your own to further develop with your meditations. Clairvoyant, clairaudient and so on. I think there are 5 of them, but don't quote me on that. I am more clairaudient, the sense of hearing from spirit, which is why it is easier for me to tune into my husband telepathically and I can hear his answers to my thoughts to him.

Thank you for sharing!!

• Members

Does anyone think there is a reason I don't receive any signs from my husband? I tried a psychic and felt nothing. A friend suggested it might be because I really don't want to? We have four cats, one of them was his special cat. Yet I feel they also do not feel his presence. Did he just move on to where he has to be? It's been more than ten months and I remain so heartbroken and lonely. Maybe I could heal if I knew he was around? I don't know what I believe anymore. 

• Members
15 hours ago, KMB said:

Azipod,   Simply beautiful  and profound when validations and messages are sent. The prep work and meditating are beneficial. Certainly an open mind and heart are needed. If you take meditation to the higher levels, you can eventually connect with your wife yourself. It also helps if you can figure out which of the "clair" senses you might have of your own to further develop with your meditations. Clairvoyant, clairaudient and so on. I think there are 5 of them, but don't quote me on that. I am more clairaudient, the sense of hearing from spirit, which is why it is easier for me to tune into my husband telepathically and I can hear his answers to my thoughts to him.

Thank you for sharing!!

I have recently joined a psychic-medium interest group to see if I can hone into some of my innate abilities.  We'll see where it goes.  I would love to be able to communicate with my wife on my own.   

That said, I know that I must still continue my life in the physical world and not be totally obsessed and immersed into this  spiritual interest.   My life lessons have not been completed and one of the messages from my wife is that I need to return to her as a full soul --- and not an incomplete one.   This is in line with my recent pre-life birth reading, which said that my wife's soul development is far ahead of mine --- which is pretty much the reason why we're no longer here together.  She has completed her life plans and her sudden leaving is meant as a shock for me to get me moving ahead.

I have opened up my heart to so many more facets of life since my wife's passing.  Grief is tough to endure and it is an ugly path to walk.  However, there will be new opportunities for us to pursue as we continue to walk through this difficult journey.   All we have to do is take notice, feel with our heart, and do what our heart desires.    

• Members
2 hours ago, Donna7431 said:

Does anyone think there is a reason I don't receive any signs from my husband? I tried a psychic and felt nothing. A friend suggested it might be because I really don't want to? We have four cats, one of them was his special cat. Yet I feel they also do not feel his presence. Did he just move on to where he has to be? It's been more than ten months and I remain so heartbroken and lonely. Maybe I could heal if I knew he was around? I don't know what I believe anymore. 

Donna, I'm not sure about your situation.  I read in the earlier posts that you connected with someone from Australia.   Was this a Psychic or Psychic-Medium?   They are both different.  A Psychic reads energy off YOU while a Psychic-Medium can do that while they can connect with Spirits on the other side.

Also, have you done any research to make sure the Australia individual is in fact reputable?  You received a referral but did that person actually get a reading from this individual or were they simply passing on a name/contact over to you?    With this stuff, I think you have to go with word of mouth from someone who actually did get a good reading.  That way, if the connection isn't there with you, then perhaps it's just something else and not the Medium.     The Medium I went to works out of her own house.  I know that isn't the only thing to consider, but to some extent if a Medium is inviting you over to their own house for a reading, it's probably a strong sign compared to one that works at a strip mall with neon signs flashing at night.  

Also, most people should be able to connect with their loved ones through a reputable Medium.  However, there are many variables.  Sometimes, the Medium may just have an off day.  Then there are times where there are some Spirits who do not wish to communicate -- this is rare.    I also think it's important to prepare yourself properly for the reading.    Some people are skeptics but they still get convinced.   But personally I do believe that you have to go in with proper intentions.   That's not to say that you have to be a true believer.  But you should be able to truly believe that it could be possible.... you don't need to be convinced.  But just have an open mind.

Finally, you can always prepare yourself for the reading by doing a lot of meditation either for some time before the reading.  Or with me, I felt comfortable just doing it the morning of.  That's because I already feel very connected to my wife on the spiritual-level everyday, with or without the Medium.   Even then, I took the entire day off work for this 1-hour reading.  I spent the morning preparing for it.  The results paid off.

Just keep an open mind.  Explore spirituality ...    Things will be more evidence as you get "in tune" with your body and mind.      It's very real.  They are right here.   In my earlier weeks of grief, I picked up a bunch of books on the afterlife.   Among one of the better ones, which was easy to read and understand, was written by Medium Patrick Mathews.  It's titled "Never say good bye."     And boy, the title of that book totally resonates with me now.

• Members
1 hour ago, Donna7431 said:

I don't know why some of us have signs and others don't.  We long to know that our loved ones are OK somewhere out there.  We all miss their presence felt though a hand held; a voice heard or a smile seen.  When two souls fall in love, it's forever.  Our souls do not have calendars nor clocks or do they understand the notion of time and distance.  They only know it is right to be with one another and that is the reason why you miss them so much and feel so heartbroken and lonely.   Our soul only feels their absence, it doesn't realize the separation is temporary. 

For me, I know my Charles' soul is fine. I am a Christian and believer in faith.  There is a perfect peace that comes when I place my trust in my God.  There is peace knowing that I am secure in HIM and that no matter what threatens me, I can run to HIM, find shelter and safety.  I pray that you too find the peace in your soul and know that one day, the two of your souls will meet again, only this time it will be forever.  Sending prayers your way!

• Members
8 minutes ago, Francine said:

I don't know why some of us have signs and others don't.  We long to know that our loved ones are OK somewhere out there.  We all miss their presence felt though a hand held; a voice heard or a smile seen.  When two souls fall in love, it's forever.  Our souls do not have calendars nor clocks or do they understand the notion of time and distance.  They only know it is right to be with one another and that is the reason why you miss them so much and feel so heartbroken and lonely.   Our soul only feels their absence, it doesn't realize the separation is temporary. 

Absolutely beautiful.  Thank you, Francine.

• Members
3 hours ago, Donna7431 said:

I feel that Azipod is accurate in his response post to you. Locating a reputable medium is essential. Not all psychics have medium ability and not all mediums have psychic ability. The terms have different aspects.Most psychics tune into their or your spirit guides, angels, for guidance and answers. A medium has the ability to connect and communicate with spirit in the afterlife. An open mind and heart is essential also. When we are intensely grieving, the energy from our pain is negative. It is not easy for spirit energy, which is positive, to break through the negative energy and leave us signs or any other forms of communication/contact.

It is completely understandable, that maybe within your continual pain, your mind and heart have blocked off your emotions, as a way of further protecting yourself from more hurt. Spirit energy cannot break through until you release that wall.

Animals are very close to the spiritual realm. I have witnessed my own dog and cat staring off into space, at a wall or even the ceiling, listening and my dog even wagging his tail. I know they can see and hear my husband when he is visiting. Animals are highly perceptive and can sense our emotions. feelings and mirror them. Maybe over time, when more effort is made with the evolvement with your grieving and you have allowed your mind and heart to open, to relax and acknowledge this different life path, you will notice your pets sensing your husband's presence.

Your husband's spirit has most probably been giving you signs. Our loved ones want nothing more to reassure us and give us comfort that they are indeed still here with us. But sometimes, the signs are very subtle. We have to be aware and focused on receiving signs. We can even be specific in asking spirit for a certain sign, which might not be instantly shown but will be in a matter of a few days and we need to project our own positive energy in receiving. In knowing your husband's personality, he would give signs that only you would be aware of. Something pertaining to just the two of you. My husband was an outdoor person, connected with nature. His signs come through in what he knows I would personally pick up on. Twice I have been privy to a sighting of a game bird not known for our area. My  husband used to make hunting trips out west for this game bird. A deer that came so close to the house and spent considerable time in one spot that I could have opened the window and touched it. Certain songs that come on the radio while I am driving and thinking about him, that are not normally played. A couple of financial, legal things that magically fell into place that I would have had to put up a long struggle for. I also feel his presence. I welcome it. It comes as a wave of tingles, goosebumps or static electricity running up and down my body. Especially in the mornings when I fight with myself on getting out of bed and going through another day. I feel his presence when the pain of loneliness is getting to me and at times of stress with other things going on. This is all why you have to open yourself up to being spiritually in tune.

Azipod mentioned the book "Never Say Goodbye". I have that book and the next one by the same author, "Everlasting Love". I refer to and re-read that one many times to reaffirm to myself that this separation is only temporary and to keep myself uplifted.

Hang in there, Donna and try to keep yourself open and loving. One of the meanings of our existence here is to give and receive love. Your husband is with you in the spiritual sense.

• Members
2 hours ago, Azipod said:

I have opened up my heart to so many more facets of life since my wife's passing.  Grief is tough to endure and it is an ugly path to walk.  However, there will be new opportunities for us to pursue as we continue to walk through this difficult journey.   All we have to do is take notice, feel with our heart, and do what our heart desires.

So very true!  It feels like we are going to be here forever,  but actually, our life here will be like as in the blink of an eye, compared to the the no sense of physical time in the afterlife. When it is our turn to return to the afterlife, the separation from our loved ones will only seem as a few hours to them.  Being physically separated from our soul mate is tough, heart wrenching, lonely, but once we have achieved our life plan, we get to return home and reunite.

• Members

We have a lot of work to get done.  Until the time comes, all we can be are the little grief warriors we all are.   I know we've lost a few along the way.... but we just have to keep going.

• Members
3 hours ago, Azipod said:

We have a lot of work to get done.  Until the time comes, all we can be are the little grief warriors we all are.   I know we've lost a few along the way.... but we just have to keep going.

Ditto on that! This physical life is considered an experience. It truly is, when you bother to really do some deep thinking. We need to put the effort into tuning into our inner selves. We are so much more than physical bodies placed here for seemingly no reason. We were given a mind that is fantastic in acquiring knowledge and using that knowledge for the betterment of our souls and for being of service in helping others. We ARE going to be rewarded for our life here. It all depends on the choices we make and our personal beliefs.

• Members
On 11/8/2017 at 3:30 AM, Azipod said:

I had my first ever reading by a Medium yesterday and the experience was mind-blowing.

The reading was around noon so I started off the morning at home by doing basic things, being careful to not in-gross myself into things that require a lot of concentration or would induce stress.   After I had breakfast and took a shower, I decided to sit down to calm myself in preparation for the reading.   I lit and burned 3-incense and started to meditate to get my breathing rhythm down and and my mind to calm.   As I got into the 10-minute mark, I started to imagine myself in an open peaceful grassy area where I was by myself, with rolling hills as a back drop.  I then set the intentions for the day, and asked for white light protection.  While absorbing the white light, I asked the angels and my spirit guides to come in.  I related to them that I wanted to make a connection with my wife today and I asked for their help.  This session of meditation was very profound as I actually got tearful towards the end.

A short time after noon, I parked my car outside of the house of the Medium.  I sat there for a few minutes to calm myself down again (had been driving for an hour).   My session with the Medium began immediate after I walked in the door.   As soon as I sat down, the Medium told me that an older male is coming forward.  She related a few things about this person who I had no clue to who he was.   At the 10-12 minute mark, she suddenly said that there's someone else who is coming forward and moving the male aside.     What began then were a series of validations that proved that it was my wife.

She began to describe my wife, down to the age group.  She also knew the passing was recent.  She then said that she is saying that she regrets not telling me certain things (Yes, my wife had some things she did not disclose which lead to her passing).    She then was able to "feel" the passing and said it had something to do with the blood AND breathing, with more heavyness on the right-side.  That was spot on, my wife had heart and lung failure... and it was the Right lung that failed.  She then said the spirit is making me feel teeth trouble.   I followed-up and said you or me?  She clarified and said the spirit is saying that I have dental problems.   Spot on again. (I'm seeing an oral-surgeon next week for extraction/implant work.)     Then there were other more subtle validations which I knew it was my wife passing on messages.     Such as my wife kept showing the Medium "house remolding" pictures..... makes sense since we were in constant remolding of the house we built together over the last 3-years.    Was the Medium perfect?  No, but she was spot on 80% of the time.

The kicker was when she told me that the spirit said that she's been trying to get acclimated  to the other side, and had been working hard to send me signs to show me that she's still here.  The spirit wanted me to ask her for a particular sign and that she would send that to me.   So in my mind, I told my wife that I wanted her to "move things" to show me that she was still around -- though afterwards I regret not being a bit more specific about what to move.

Low and behold, when I woke up this morning, the portrait of us that's sitting on her bed stand move a full 90-degrees from facing forward, to facing inwards towards me on the bed.  SHOCKING!

So, where does that leave me?   Well, I already believe in the spiritual afterlife even before the session (I've had many signs in the past).  I guess this reading is just another way to confirm that our loved ones are still here,  they are just in a different form.     Does this make me feel better?  Yes, a little bit.  But once again, I already know she was here.   Am I still sad?  Yes, because my wife isn't here physically.    Does a reading provide  healing?   That depends.   

Either way, if you prep yourself properly for the reading, be open minded, you may experience something that you may find to be mind-blowing.  I sure did --- and I was already a believer!

Azipod, your post gave me goosebumps, it is so beautiful that your wife was there and contacted you.  Hopefully your belief is true and she is with you, sometimes I also believe in all these things but sometimes I really don't, I am so confused. So I am living my life what I think is right and not hurt anyone.

But I am glad you felt here presence and signs she provides you, this is so amazing.

Lots of hugs from me and My Goli.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Francine said:

For me, I know my Charles' soul is fine. I am a Christian and believer in faith.  There is a perfect peace that comes when I place my trust in my God.  There is peace knowing that I am secure in HIM and that no matter what threatens me, I can run to HIM, find shelter and safety.  I pray that you too find the peace in your soul and know that one day, the two of your souls will meet again, only this time it will be forever.  Sending prayers your way!

Well stated, it's how I feel as well.  I've tried not to rely on signs, but on my knowledge that he's okay and we'll be together again.  Signs can come when we least expect it, I know whatever I do doesn't bring them or discourage them, so I've learned to ride out my grief like riding the waves.

• Members

Yesterday I took the day off to have the medium reading through the phone for my husband.

I lost my husband more than 3 months ago during our trip to overseas this summer.  Even though he had health issue for many years, he passed away unexpectedly.  I went through all the hardship that everyone who lost his/her spouse/partner did.  I tried every supports that I could get.  I came to this website to read your expression and comments many times, and I like people over here.  I would like to share my medium reading experience with you.  (Please forgive my English is not that good).

I followed “Azipod” ‘s way by burning 3 incense to my deceased ones (my grandparents, my in-laws and my husband) before the reading, wishing them well and hoping my husband would come to the reading.  Then I tried to stay calm before the reading.

When the reading started, the medium told me there were four people coming over.  I said I wanted to talk to my husband.  My husband said apology to me and it just broke my heart.  We had been married for 20 years and I got spoiled by him for long time.  Only recently his health got worse and got inpatient, and I couldn’t adjust myself well.  We got a lot of arguments.  I still carried the guilt that I haven’t done a good job that caused his death.  He said a lot of things that happened before he passed away and some events just happened after he was gone.  There is no way the medium can check my background and made it up.  I should say 80% of it is spot-on.  There are some things I really want him to mention to show the validation.  But he didn’t.  I realized we are living in two different worlds.  The delivery of the message depends on the medium’s comprehension and the art of the interpretation.  There always will be discrepancy because the communication is not straightforward as it is we have in the earthed world.

I didn’t ask many questions because I followed some instruction that we shouldn’t feed the medium.  I should say apology to my husband.  I regret I didn’t.  I will do it on the next reading.  Because of the backward of my phone, I didn’t record the phone conversation.  My kid took the good notes for me.

Have I felt better?  Maybe just a little bit.  At least I believe there are spirits.  But my husband is living in another world and he doesn’t have the physical form.  The value of earthed world is the physical and the materials which are opposite to the spiritual world, which is the truth human life____We lose all the illusion, the colors, the ups and downs.  In the next 30 years, I have to find the meaningfulness in my life to fill the void.

I cried during the reading.  After that I cried several times when I thought of what my husband said on the reading.  I am hoping I can cross over another world and reunite with my husband after I finish my mission here.

• Members

LoveD, thank you for sharing with us your experience from the reading.  I have to tell you that it takes a lot of strength and courage to put yourself forward for a reading.  It is remarkable what our bodies can open up to if we just allowed ourselves to life's experiences. You are absolutely correct that our loved ones and us are living in two different worlds.  We are on the earth plane while they are in the spirit world.  Fortunately for them, their world intertwines with the earth world which is why they can connect with us.  Through our heart, and working with spirituality, we too can connect with them to some extent.    The medium reading will provide you some level of comfort, but there is still a lot of grief work that we need to do on our own.  We are on a very long journey and I'm a true believer that everything that we do now, for ourselves, will provide some level of healing.   The cumulative effects overtime will lead to a recovery.  Thanks again for sharing your beautiful experience.

• Members
On 11/8/2017 at 6:06 PM, LoveGoli said:

Azipod, your post gave me goosebumps, it is so beautiful that your wife was there and contacted you.  Hopefully your belief is true and she is with you, sometimes I also believe in all these things but sometimes I really don't, I am so confused. So I am living my life what I think is right and not hurt anyone.

Thanks, LoveGoli.  I do believe it, but I do sometimes question it myself too.   I think that's very normal.  Some things just can't be explained.  But I think the human mind has a hard time accepting that.

• Members

Thanks for your comment, Azipod!  I asked the medium when my husband would reincarnate.  She said it won't happen until I move over there. I thought her reply sounds to comfort me.  I searched online and found the best answer so far regarding reincarnation as follows:

https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com/2016/08/06/think-you-understand-reincarnation-think-again/

• Members

LoveD,    I am deeply sorry for your loss. Only those who have lost a soul mate partner, know the pain, loneliness, empty void and all the secondary losses that come from losing that person.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the medium reading. I have had a few readings myself. We have to be careful with seeking a reputable one. My husband gave great validations to prove the connection, plus messages for me. The comfort provided is temporary, but it confirms to me that we do go on to a different realm of life.

Their physical absence is so hard to adjust to, and trying to find a new identity for ourselves and a different purpose for our life is so darn hard. Our consolation is the faith and belief that we will be reunited again.

Archived