Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Seeing a medium?

TooDevastated

• Members
TooDevastated

Is it crazy that I want to get a reading from a medium? I'm not sure what I expect from it. 

Do you think I might feel a little better hearing a word from his spirit? I have always thought this sort of stuff was scam and stupid but now, I feel as though I need it.

I read that some mediums are really good and recommended. Any sort of assurance coming from my boyfriend would be comforting really.

I'm curious if anyone else has an experience on this and everyone's opinion on it in general. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It all depends of what you need or what you believe. Two weeks after Mario passed I went to see a psychic, he is a friend of the family, I didn't communicate with Mario but we talked about the incident, what Mario felt, where Mario was, some whys and some answers, the problem is that some things are difficult to believe or stand. He told me that it was Mario time, one way or another he had to die, and sometimes I wonder why life made so much effort in putting us together is there was only 9 months for us.

You need to be open mind to attend this kind of things, some people might judge you, but I think we need to do what feels right. I do believe in all those things, some people don't.

• Members

I recently decided to go this route.  I've never been spiritual in the past but am now after I lost my wife.  I've been reading about half a dozen of books written by various Mediums and I've opened up my mind to believing.  The problem with me is that their views about death (they call it a transition), is the only thing that gives me some hope.  The hope is that my wife truly isn't gone and that she is still with me.   It's the one thread that I'm holding onto.

Check with me towards the end of next week and I can tell you how it went.  

• Members
25 minutes ago, TooDevastated said:

Do you think I might feel a little better hearing a word from his spirit? I have always thought this sort of stuff was scam and stupid but now, I feel as though I need it.

I've always thought they were a scam as well. In fact, I've watched several documentaries on how they do what they do. That being said, I am also considering going to a medium. I've just kind of accepted that even if I know it's probably not true, it may make me feel better anyways. I will say that scammers prey on the desperation of people like us. If you think that it will make you feel better though that's all that really matters. Any port in a storm

• Members
1 hour ago, Azipod said:

I recently decided to go this route.  I've never been spiritual in the past but am now after I lost my wife.  I've been reading about half a dozen of books written by various Mediums and I've opened up my mind to believing.  The problem with me is that their views about death (they call it a transition), is the only thing that gives me some hope.  The hope is that my wife truly isn't gone and that she is still with me.   It's the one thread that I'm holding onto.

It is the only thing that keeps me going as well.  I actually spoke to a medium the day of Russell's service.  She had told me it may be too soon, that usually people can't come through for a few months to over a year after they passed - he had died two weeks prior.  I told her I was sure I wanted to do it.  She is a friend of my family but didn't know anything about Russell, me, our relationship, or details of how he died.  His spirit/energy was the first to come through.  I know it was him - she passed along information that she had no way of getting on her own - about pain he experienced (very specifically), experiences that she wouldn't know about, and things I have done since he passed.  I know he is around me - I feel him. I talk to him all the time.  She really validated that I am not crazy and that it is not just wishful thinking on my part.  I know that not all mediums are legitimate.  I'm not saying everyone else will have the same good fortune.  But I believe 100% 

• Members

RWT143, thanks for sharing your experience.  One thing that I've noticed is that all mediums seem to have very identical views about how things work after ones transition.  As for the individual who sought readings, their experiences and feedback seem to be very identical as well. It's all very consistent.  

• Members
TooDevastated
7 hours ago, Azipod said:

I fixed up a reading for tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes too.

I, too, have been reading spiritual books includings ones writte by mediums. Thats the only thing that keeps me going as well. The thought that my boyfriend is around and we will be united once I "cross over" sounds so good. 

I have not been a very religious person although not a strict atheist. I hope/wish/pray so much now that there really is an afterlife and that Bruce isnt all gone. 

6 hours ago, RWT143 said:

It is the only thing that keeps me going as well.  I actually spoke to a medium the day of Russell's service.  She had told me it may be too soon, that usually people can't come through for a few months to over a year after they passed - he had died two weeks prior.  I told her I was sure I wanted to do it.  She is a friend of my family but didn't know anything about Russell, me, our relationship, or details of how he died.  His spirit/energy was the first to come through.  I know it was him - she passed along information that she had no way of getting on her own - about pain he experienced (very specifically), experiences that she wouldn't know about, and things I have done since he passed.  I know he is around me - I feel him. I talk to him all the time.  She really validated that I am not crazy and that it is not just wishful thinking on my part.  I know that not all mediums are legitimate.  I'm not saying everyone else will have the same good fortune.  But I believe 100% 

I hope my boyfriend comes through as well! He is the only significant person I has lost since my grandfather (and he has been sick for years before his death and had a good long life so...)

I read that the medium I booked a reading with is "the real deal". I really hope to hear from him. 

7 hours ago, Djh0901kc said:

I've always thought they were a scam as well. In fact, I've watched several documentaries on how they do what they do. That being said, I am also considering going to a medium. I've just kind of accepted that even if I know it's probably not true, it may make me feel better anyways. I will say that scammers prey on the desperation of people like us. If you think that it will make you feel better though that's all that really matters. Any port in a storm

My boyfriend would tell me I am so gullible for doing this. My previous self woulf tell me I am so gullible for doing this!

How I need the tiniest bit of hope now, though! I will not say yes or no. I will try not to give any reactions and just listen. And at the end, I can ask questions. I'll let you guys know how it goes. 

• Members

My fiancé was murdered one month ago and I am also considering going to a medium. The people around me would probably disagree with it but if there is any chance that I can communicate or feel a connection to him again, I'm willing to try. I've always been more on the skeptical side but I feel that there are real mediums out there.

• Members
TooDevastated
23 minutes ago, Savannah H said:

My fiancé was murdered one month ago and I am also considering going to a medium. The people around me would probably disagree with it but if there is any chance that I can communicate or feel a connection to him again, I'm willing to try. I've always been more on the skeptical side but I feel that there are real mediums out there.

I am so sorry Savannah H... my boyfriend also died a little over a month ago due to a sudden heart attack. I imagine losing your significant other to a murder must be even harder... I have nothing to say to make you feel better. I myself dont feel any better or feel like I'll ever be better. I am SO sorry you joined this club :/

Know this: you will find support and understanding here. 

• Members
14 hours ago, Azipod said:

6 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I fixed up a reading for tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes too.

I hope you both have positive experiences and can't wait to hear how it goes!  I will be thinking of you.  I just know how much it meant to me and want others to feel the same hopefulness and get some comfort in believing that our those we've lost love us and are still with us, even if we can't always see/here/feel them there.  If not for that, I would have nothing to keep me going...

• Members
14 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

I'm curious if anyone else has an experience on this and everyone's opinion on it in general. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe in mediums or fortune-tellers. There is scripture that talks against it. I think a lot of people want some validation that their loved ones are safe and OK; I certainly did when my Charles died and I thought if he was OK, then I'd be OK.  After much prayer, I was given that validation - a peace that was so surreal, I knew my Charles was OK. And while I still mourn him; yearn for him; love him, my soul knows he's OK, and that makes me OK.  Whatever you decide to do, you are in my prayers that you too find the peace you are looking for. 

• Members
7 hours ago, Savannah H said:

I am so sorry for your loss and know too well the pain you are experiencing.  If you feel like seeing a medium will help you, than by all means do it; I just don't share your views on mediums, and you know what - that's OK.  We all must find ways that will help us through this unexpected, devastating journey.  This brings to mind a scripture passage that reads, Ask and it shall be given; Seek and you shall find and Knock and it shall be opened to you.  I pray that you find what you are seeking and that God will give you the peace you need within your heart to get through this most difficult time in your life.   I hope you continue to post; we all are here for a reason; to help and encourage others along the way - no doubt - but more than that, to learn from and love each other along this journey.

• Members
TooDevastated
1 hour ago, Francine said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe in mediums or fortune-tellers. There is scripture that talks against it. I think a lot of people want some validation that their loved ones are safe and OK; I certainly did when my Charles died and I thought if he was OK, then I'd be OK.  After much prayer, I was given that validation - a peace that was so surreal, I knew my Charles was OK. And while I still mourn him; yearn for him; love him, my soul knows he's OK, and that makes me OK.  Whatever you decide to do, you are in my prayers that you too find the peace you are looking for. 

Francine,

Thank you for your kind words and for being there for all of us here. I'm glad to have found this place when none of my friends/family get this pain. <3

• Members
10 hours ago, Savannah H said:

Savannah, I am deeply sorry for your tragic loss. I lost my husband from sudden cardiac arrest. No matter the manner in how we lose our soulmate, the pain is great, insufferable. My heart goes out to you. Please, keep reading posts and sharing when you feel the need. All of us here know pain, emptiness, loneliness. Prayers for comfort, love and peace going out to you.  (HUGS)

• Members

Azipod, I am anxious to hear what you have to say. It's been seven months for me and I miss him terribly. I have had one dream of him and it was disturbing. I never feel like he is around me, though I continue to talk to him throughout the day. I am near desperate to feel him around me. I redid my will yesterday as we had no children and it had to be done. I am broken. I would love to contact a medium if there is anything to t? 

• Members
14 hours ago, Savannah H said:

Savannah I am so sorry for you loss, I can imagine how hard is to loss someone in that tragic way, my boyfriend died two months ago of brain death. I think is ok to do what feels right for us, I also think there is people out there with the true "gifts". 

• Members
39 minutes ago, Donna7431 said:

Azipod, I am anxious to hear what you have to say. It's been seven months for me and I miss him terribly. I have had one dream of him and it was disturbing. I never feel like he is around me, though I continue to talk to him throughout the day. I am near desperate to feel him around me. I redid my will yesterday as we had no children and it had to be done. I am broken. I would love to contact a medium if there is anything to t? 

Hi Donna,

I will be posting here next Thursday night to share my 1st experience with a Medium.    I am sorry to hear that you do not feel you husband around you.  I have not had any visitation dreams either -- and I'm a bit surprised.

Prior to losing my wife, I have never been spiritual.    However, I've been feeling all sorts of interesting vibes and energy around me.  It's mostly occurring at home.  I've also noticed what Mediums call "signs" around the house.  I can never say for sure that the signs are indeed from my wife, but I will never say it's not, because the feeling and the personal experiences are quite surreal.  

I'm going to see if the Medium is able to validate some of these experiences for me. Sadly, my upcoming appointment is the only thing that I've been excited about.  Everything else in my life is dry.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Francine said:

This is my belief/feelings too.  No judgment here, even with different belief systems represented here, we all understand what each other are feeling, I pray for peace for all.

• Members
TooDevastated

So I am sharing my experience with this medium. It was a disaster! She "guessed" everything wrong. She didnt even know I lost my boyfriend so the half of the reading was on career advise!!

After I asked questions about my boyfriend who died, she guessed his age and appearance and personality and all of that was wrong. 

She said things that would apply to everyone in my position like "He is sorry to have left you behind. He wanted the two of you to get married. He misses you so much but he wants you to keep going. Meet other people and have a life. Have kids. He will be waiting for you in the afterlife once yoh cross over. He is showing me a golden heart. Oh thats sweet. He loved you more than everyone."  bla bla bla.

It was a waste of time and money. But I did have a good laugh! She said nothing whatsoever that my boyfriend would have said. What a pity there are these people making profit on others need for assurance in a hard time of their lives. She just told me what she thought Id like to hear. Because I didnt give any reactions other than "hmmm" "OK" "I see", her usual tactics didnt work. 

If she is a real deal like everyone says, then she should have told me that she couldnt sense/anything about my boyfriend and that would have been better.

I will not lose faith that he is waiting for me, though. I have had SO many 'signs' as they call it. I know he is around me and doing his best to comfort me (I feel I am in pain beyond comfort, but thats another story).

So there it is. My medium experience was a scam and full of lies.

• Members

I am so sorry you had this bad experience, TooDevasted.  Have faith in your feelings that your partner is around you, feelsyour pain, goes where you go, sees what you see.  He will be reinforcing your feelings by sending signs that you will recognise as coming from him.  

Sending strength and hugs X 

• Members
4 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

She just told me what she thought Id like to hear.

I hate this so much, went I went to the psychic all the reading was focus on Mario's tragedy and he told me so painful things. 

He told me Mario was tired and he left I as soon as he could, he didn't fought back, and of course it broke me because I thought he could fight for staying here with me.

He also told me that the last hours of Mario's life were bad, something bad happened to him and he was so angry at the time of the accident, it was so sad for me to know that until his last day his aunts were bothering him.

He told me that I had the chance to be pregnant but if I had, I would have lost the baby because all the suffering.

Some days ago I spoke casually with him again, the psychic, and he told me that probably someone else in Mario's family is dying in a medium term, this is super sad because I love them.

There were good things of course, he made me promise him that I will keep all the promises we made to each other. 

• Moderators
On 8/11/2017 at 10:33 PM, TooDevastated said:

It was a disaster! She "guessed" everything wrong.

There should be a licensing board for mediums and if they can't be more accurate than general guessing, you should get your $ back.  In the old days if a prophet's prophecy didn't come true, they were killed.  I guess that would cut down on the scammers.

I'm glad you haven't lost your belief in what will come.  We need that to hold onto!

• Members
12 hours ago, TooDevastated said:

So there it is. My medium experience was a scam and full of lies.

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Did you talk to a psychic or a medium? There is a difference. Not all psychics have medium capabilities.There are places online with directories for qualified, board tested, authenticated mediums.

• Members
Mrs. Plummer

Hi Too Devastated,

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't very good. People who have readings with mediums who are fakes/self-deluded/just not very good sometimes have their grief worsened - the disappointment when you are searching to have your loved one's ongoing survival confirmed, can be profound. These charlatans make me so cranky - and unless they can offer good, evidentiary support of ongoing survival (for example by telling you things the medium could not possibly have known about your loved one AND no "fishing" or building on answers you give them) they need to stop taking people's money. There are, however, some people out there with a genuine gift. I have had three readings - two were quite good, and the last was a lot of bull-kukka. I'll have another eventually with one I have researched.

What has helped me is to research the afterlife as much as possible. At this stage, my experience is that it's no longer a question of what I believe - there is a welter of strong evidence in favour of ongoing survival, even if materialists do reject it out of hand. Your boyfriend does survive, is with you, and you will see him again, hon.

You may or may not be in the headspace to do a easy online course called Love Knows No Death - about which more info can be found here: https://www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org/site/page/70

It shows you some of the actually scientific evidence for the afterlife. If you are interested at any stage, pm me - I can help out with a couple of resources.

"Hello from Heaven" is a lovely, gentle read about After Death Contact - while I don't like the authors' position on suicide, it's a comfort to see that many, ordinary down to earth people have had visitations from loved ones.

Also, if you have time, please take a couple of hours to watch this documentary about mediums, with particular focus on the Scottish medium Gordon Smith - his gift for bringing through absolute nitty-gritty accuracy is spellbinding; he never charges for readings and is a caring man who has never forgotten humility): 

Hugs if okay,

Louise xo

• Members
1 hour ago, KMB said:

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Did you talk to a psychic or a medium? There is a difference. Not all psychics have medium capabilities.There are places online with directories for qualified, board tested, authenticated mediums.

Any chance you could link one of these directories?

• Members
Mrs. Plummer
2 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

Any chance you could link one of these directories?

Sorry to cut your lunch, KMB my love - DJH, here is a link to certified mediums: https://www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org/site/certified_mediums

BUT just be aware that some of their costs are ridiculous, and a member I met here had a reading with somebody on that list and it was not earth-shattering. Suzanne Wilson is said to be scarily accurate, and I believe she's completely genuine but she does cost a bomb - look around and ask around on afterlife forums etc.

If you go to http://www.victorzammit.com/ you will find Victor''s Friday Afterlife Reports, that quite often contain good links to read or view.

Also, if you want a book specifically for those of us who have lost partners, medium Patrick Matthew's book Everlasting Love is a very worthwhile read: http://www.patrickmathews.com/everlasting

:)

• Members
TooDevastated

M88, Thanks. I have had so many signs from him. So I know he is still around me! The reason I went to a medium in the first place was to first confirm that I wasnt going crazy. And the second is that I believe my boyfriend might be trying to tell me something. She was a disappointment though.

K9219, I am sorry you had messages that were heartbreaking. I am starting to believe firmly that there is an afterlife. But I wish I could also believe that our dead loved ones were all in peace. I feel like he is just as hurt and disappointed as I am and he is trying to comfort me as much as he is able in that new form.

5 hours ago, KayC said:

I'm glad you haven't lost your belief in what will come.  We need that to hold onto!

Absolutely! I would have gone mad if I kept thinking everything is gone and I'll never see him again. I still have moments of doubt but I have felt him around so much. So unless I am crazy, he still has a presence.

2 hours ago, KMB said:

She is supposed to be a "clairvoyant medium". All the online comments I found on her were so positive. She has books and a website (I know that doesnt make a person more reliable but she is quite famous in UK). 

25 minutes ago, Mrs. Plummer said:

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't very good. People who have readings with mediums who are fakes/self-deluded/just not very good sometimes have their grief worsened - the disappointment when you are searching to have your loved one's ongoing survival confirmed, can be profound. 

I have had the worst thing happen to me. The worst. There isnt anything that anyone can say to make me feel worse really... I am at absolute bottom. I just had a laugh after a very long time and couldnt believe how hundereds of people were attending her shows and believed that she actually brought them messages.

I will definitely look into the material you sent. And of course HUGS! X

• Members

I like that so many of them do phone readings but the skeptic in me also feels like it would be so easy for them to just google you or take a look at your Facebook page

• Members
Mrs. Plummer
1 minute ago, TooDevastated said:

I just had a laugh after a very long time and couldnt believe how hundereds of people were attending her shows and believed that she actually brought them messages.

Fantastic you could see it as an occasion of humour :) And you are absolutely right that fame doesn't necessarily mean they're any good - I think Sylvia Browne was so full of **** it was unbelievable :)

• Members
Mrs. Plummer
3 minutes ago, Djh0901kc said:

I like that so many of them do phone readings but the skeptic in me also feels like it would be so easy for them to just google you or take a look at your Facebook page

Yes, I feel that same skepticism too - changed FB privacy settings can help, I think :)

• Members
TooDevastated
1 minute ago, Djh0901kc said:

Exactly! In her books, and in the comments I read on her, people only told her their first names and she'd give them information on stuff that nobody but the deceased could know.

In my reading however, she asked my first and last name, my birthday, and where I was from etc. So I think all the career advice I received could be based on a simple google search on my name (as I have an easily accessible CV). After some time, I just had to tell her I didnt book the session  for career advice I wanted to know about my boyfriend. She thought he was alive for a moment. Then suspected and asked me "is he dead?" unbelievable isnt it?!

• Members
Mrs. Plummer

God, yes, quite literally unbelievable. A good medium will not let you tell them anything!

• Members

Djh0901kc,

http://www.bestpsychicmediums.com/thelist.htm

There are also a lot of great afterlife articles associated with this site.

Mrs. Plummer is right. A good, reputable medium should not require any info, except maybe a name to make sure of the connection. Sometimes, others you know who have transitioned over might decide to come through for you as well. I have had my husband's father come through with him, with messages that warmed my heart as well.

• Moderators

I know a widow that saw the psychic from t.v. (I forgot her name) and she told her things only her and her deceased husband knew, she felt bolstered by the visit she had with her.   I don't personally ascribe to it myself.  

• Members
On 12/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, TooDevastated said:

K9219, I am sorry you had messages that were heartbreaking. I am starting to believe firmly that there is an afterlife. But I wish I could also believe that our dead loved ones were all in peace. I feel like he is just as hurt and disappointed as I am and he is trying to comfort me as much as he is able in that new form.

There were also good things, he was in peace and he was with me.

I asked if he still can feel the love I have for him, and the answer what's soulwarming: YES, death is not a barrier for love, he will feel my love and he is still loving me

• Members

I will share my experience with a medium only about a month after the love of my life died from cancer.  Like KA9219 I didn't lose my life long partner/husband but my boyfriend and our time was much much too short.  We had just under 4 months before he died from cancer at 45 yrs old.  I knew he had cancer going in but he was so optimistic and upbeat and such a fighter, I never had a doubt he would beat cancer and we would make our dreams come true.  We both had bad marriages and bad rebound relationships...we were each others reward for all of the negative....we truly connected and fell in love quickly.  

I am a spiritual person and had many readings over the years....some good, some bad and some just wonderful.  My reading after Scott died was perfect.  I knew the chances of him coming through were slim to none so soon after his death but like many of you, I needed something...something to hold onto.  I hit rock bottom with my grief, I didn't know why this perfect for me man would come into my life and be ripped away from me just as we were getting started.  It has been the most heartbreaking, painful experience of my life.  However, I have spent the last 4 months realizing he came to my life for a purpose...to show me love, to let me love him and give him happiness, love and joy until he took his last breath.  That is exactly what I did and I have no regrets except for maybe not spending the last night with him in the hospital.

OK-here's what happened at my reading.  The psychic knew nothing about me or him.  She said he came through right away but for some reason he didn't know he could speak.  She said he had a female family member with him speaking for him (the medium kept saying he could speak but he kept indicating he couldn't).  This was the first validation for me - his tumor grew in his mouth at the end...for the last few weeks he could barely speak and for the last week in the hospital they didn't allow him to speak for fear it was cause internal bleeding).  No one but his immediately family or people that visited him in the hospital knew this. I got goosebumps and started bawling my eyes out.    Many things were shared so I'll just share the key things.

1.  They medium said "he wants you to say something or ask him a question in your mind only and he will answer".  So....I thought "I hope you know how absolutely much I love you and will always love you".  His response was a typical response from him in life "ditto"

2.  He wanted me to still go to the ocean.  This had 2 possibilities - his parents have a house on the ocean in FL.  We were planning to go there with our kids as soon as his Dr's gave him the OK and also I had been planning a cruise for my 50th bday that he was going to join me on.  Well....a month later, his parents invited me to bring my son to their home in FL with my love's 2 daughters.  (I have not shared any of this with his family).

3.  He said to "keep fishing".  I had no clue what that meant because we never fished and I haven't since I was a kid.  2 weeks later I remembered a conversation he & I had a couple of weeks into our relationship about how I had dated on an online dating site before we met.  Plenty of Fish - they call it "fishing".  So...that weekend I opened up a profile...didn't include my picture...started talking to a few people hoping to find a way to start living my life again...even if only through the computer screen.  I was desperate to ease my pain - somehow.  Well...after talking to a few people...I decided I wasn't ready and hid my profile.   Well...one person kept messaging me and we talked for a day or two....I sent him my picture and he recognized me...I met him at my home the fall before while he was visiting my brother (who lives with me) and a very long story short - he is every bit the man Scott was and everything I have ever wanted in a person.  

He completely understands my loss (as best he can anyway) is fully supportive of my love for the man I lost and the life I lost and my mourning.  I know without a doubt Scott and God sent this man to me to help me heal.  I couldn't have done it on my own.  My heart was shattered...I was in complete downward spiral mode.  Scott knew I spent so many years alone in a bad marriage and knew I deserved a good man and a good life for what is left of mine...he knew I wanted a lifelong partner to share my life with and to grow together....he was that man but God had other plans so he sent me a man just as wonderful.

I never thought in a million years I would ever find a man that fit the mold I created in my mind and when I fell in love with Scott....I was so blessed.  He was a wonderful loving and kind man....when I lost him I thought "this is it...I only had him for 4 months but at least I had him and now I know what real love it".  I didn't think it was fair to only have that short time but I have another chance now....I thank Scott every day for sending Dave to me.   I introduced him to Scott's parents last week and they were so kind.  I now know he and they just want me to be happy.  It is hard loving 2 men at the same time but I am so very blessed.  I now wear 2 heart necklaces around my neck, one has Scott's initials on it that I bought after he passed and put his ashes inside...the other is one Dave bought me for my 50th birthday....he had no idea anything about my Scott necklace....they fit perfectly together and I know it's just one more sign....my heart is big enough for them both. 

I know this was a long read but as you can see...I'm a total believer.  I have never had such peace in my life as I have right now.  Yes...my heart still aches for my lost love but I know he is here with me every day...he is guiding me to the life we planned together.  He came into my life for a reason....to show me how much love I have to give and how much love I deserved in return.  

I hope this helps some of you and the original poster....get referrals for a medium before spending your money.  There are a lot of fakes but a real medium can give you so much peace.

• Members

Sue, Many thanks for sharing such a personal, wonderful experience. I am sincerely happy for you that Scott sent Dave into your life and you can live out your dreams, be at peace and love again.

• Members

I don't know if I believe in mediums. The ones that are like that man Gordon Smith are very strangely accurate but still I don't know because of my belief in God? Maybe some are real... But I don't think a lot of them are. One very off mistake... And I become skeptical. 

• Members
9 hours ago, KMB said:

Sue, Many thanks for sharing such a personal, wonderful experience. I am sincerely happy for you that Scott sent Dave into your life and you can live out your dreams, be at peace and love again.

Thank you KMB.  I pinch myself everyday because I truly can't believe it's real.

• Moderators

Sue,

Thank you for sharing your story with us.  It's amazing and I wish you only the best!

• Members
7 hours ago, KayC said:

Sue,

Thank you for sharing your story with us.  It's amazing and I wish you only the best!

Thank you Kay.  I feel so very blessed.  Scott has been gone longer than we had together and its hard to understand that I love him even more now than I did they day he passed.  He is my guardian angel for sure.

• Members
6 hours ago, Sue P 67 said:

He is my guardian angel for sure.

Yep, he truly is. His love will always be there for you, guiding your way.:wub:

• Members
On 8/12/2017 at 0:33 AM, TooDevastated said:

I will not lose faith that he is waiting for me, though. I have had SO many 'signs' as they call it. I know he is around me and doing his best to comfort me (I feel I am in pain beyond comfort, but thats another story).

I too am so sorry for your experience but am glad to hear you are not losing your faith - he is spirit and is awaiting your return.  I think when we are born, we die from the spiritual realm and the angels mourn, but the only difference is that they know we will return home; and when we die from this earthly realm, we return to the spiritual realm, and we who are left on this earth, mourn because we don't know where they've gone; know that they've gone back home.  If we could only think like the angels, we too would rejoice, but unfortunately we can't  and that mourning is the pain you feel beyond comfort.   I'm praying that God gives you the comfort in this difficult time.  There are so many scripture that says HE will.  A few that comes to mind are:

• Isaiah 40:1 - “‘Comfort, yes, comfort My people!’ says your God.”
  • Matthew 5:4 - "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted".
  • Matthew 11:28 - "Come to Me, all who labor an are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".

Know that you are in my prayers and I pray that God will give you the comfort and peace you need at this time in your journey.  Stay strong because you are strong!

• Moderators

Sue,

My husband has been gone longer than he was in my life, that feels really weird but I know it doesn't matter really, because what matters is how significant he was to me and to my life, and he was more so than anyone else combined.

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

because what matters is how significant he was to me and to my life, and he was more so than anyone else combined.

I still have trouble with that and feel a burden of guilt. I ask God if I am thinking immorally. I placed my husband as my priority when he was here, more so, after the kids were grown and on their own. Even now, in my grieving, my husband is on my mind constantly and my wishing to be reunited. I don't love my kids any less, just differently than I do my husband. They have their own life path to follow and my path is a grieving journey. I still have concentration, focus, memory loss issues and wonder how much my thinking is skewered between my kids and my husband. I'm supposed to live in the present moment, but my husband and our love is still a priority. I just don't know if I am being judged by God in placing so much importance on my husband, even though he is in Heaven under God's care.

• Members
3 hours ago, KMB said:

I still have trouble with that and feel a burden of guilt. I ask God if I am thinking immorally. I placed my husband as my priority when he was here, more so, after the kids were grown and on their own. Even now, in my grieving, my husband is on my mind constantly and my wishing to be reunited. I don't love my kids any less, just differently than I do my husband. They have their own life path to follow and my path is a grieving journey. I still have concentration, focus, memory loss issues and wonder how much my thinking is skewered between my kids and my husband. I'm supposed to live in the present moment, but my husband and our love is still a priority. I just don't know if I am being judged by God in placing so much importance on my husband, even though he is in Heaven under God's care.

I haven't posted in a bit. I've been trying to get through each day and sometimes I feel I have nothing to share that will help anyone, as I am still working my way through this thick fog of pain and loneliness. But I too have often thought this, KMB. Is God upset with me for putting my Lily above all else in my life. I say maybe but He wants us to love one other and I believe love is the one thing He wants us to share. I guess I haven't done much sharing. I poured all my love into Lily and now I have nothing. Am I wrong to constantly think about her and wish for her to be here with me when I know she is in Heaven and God is taking care of her now? I sometimes think I am being selfish but I feel how I feel. I can try to distract myself or make myself think of other things, but that's just it, I'm forcing myself to do it. My thoughts always go back to Lily and how much I wish I could talk and laugh with her. I pray every night for God's guidance but I wonder if He listens to me. Is He waiting for me to abandon all hope and thoughts of her. I would disappoint Him if that's the case.

• Members

Lulu, I get you completely also. My husband no longer has a physical presence in my life, but I still think of him.  I try to keep up with the maintenance of the house and property the way we both did. When I have a difficult decision to make, that my husband would have naturally have made, I try to think in his way, in coming up with said decision. I will always miss him, love him. I would think that God admires and respects me for still thinking of my husband in the same context I always have. I know I have to place focus onto my kids and to others, but, I always did that when my husband was here. My daughter moved in and I am helping her get back on her feet again because she had to leave the job she was at. I still question God in the reason why my husband's health took such a drastic downturn and why he was called home. I don't want that thought in my head that God wanted me not to be so dependent on one person emotionally. I thought I was doing a good job with helping to keep everyone's needs on me balanced.

Archived