Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling sad again

Weeclaire1984

• Members
Weeclaire1984

On the 24th July 2017 we said goodbye to our cat Chitty due to cancer 

still feels so unreal , got a phone call this morning to say his ashes are ready to collect which will be nice to bring him home but still can't believe he's gone never going to hear his meow again or have him cuddle up under the covers 

I think our other cat is starting to feel it too as she has started sleeping on the bed he lay in while he was unwell even though she's interested in her dinner I don't think she's eating as much as usual , she is 17 and don't know it I am being paranoid because of what happened to chitty and don't want to stress her taking to the vets if we don't need to .

even a few days before we had to say goodbye to chitty they still lay in bed cuddled up feel so helpless for Lucky 

does anyone have any tips for my other cat Lucky.

we have been keeping her in usual feeding routine , brushing her , making time for play giving her a little bit extra attention but not overdoing it as don't want her to get anxious when we need to go out the house.

thanks 

pics of our fur babies below (chitty was our black cat and lucky is our white and brown cat)

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

• Members

Good morning my friend, I still feel what you're going through still.....I'm praying for your strength each day and I assure you, it will get better soon:-). As for your other baby Lucky, animals grieve like us too, just continue to give your fur baby as much love as you can . Only time will tell for you all of you, we had our baby cremated too and I'm glad we've made that decision cause he will continue to be with us even though no matter what.... I miss him terribly!!!!! Continue to pray and be strong my friend, take one day at a time. The sun will shine again!

• Members
14 minutes ago, MarvaMac said:

Good morning my friend, I still feel what you're going through still.....I'm praying for your strength each day and I assure you, it will get better soon:-). As for your other baby Lucky, animals grieve like us too, just continue to give your fur baby as much love as you can . Only time will tell for you all of you, we had our baby cremated too and I'm glad we've made that decision cause he will continue to be with us even though no matter what.... I miss him terribly!!!!! Continue to pray and be strong my friend, take one day at a time. The sun will shine again!

19 minutes ago, MarvaMac said:

E0E8612C-A972-4562-B05D-5557AD78D7DE.thumb.JPG.725729e280cb8498ec397a4ad48240f5.JPGIMG_0508.JPG.b1a0862b454409be1257d601a0ffea72.JPG

• Members
Just now, MarvaMac said:

E0E8612C-A972-4562-B05D-5557AD78D7DE.thumb.JPG.725729e280cb8498ec397a4ad48240f5.JPGIMG_0508.JPG.b1a0862b454409be1257d601a0ffea72.JPG

Our beloved Rex!!!!!!

• Moderators

Both of your pictures are beautiful...I've had a cat that looked like Chitty, and one that looked like MarvaMac's cat.  It's very hard seeing them and knowing the wait until you can be rejoined.  Prayers for strength and comfort for your day.

• Members
Weeclaire1984

Thanks again for your reply marvamac  and such nice words , we now have our chitty cat home with us where he will always belong when we opened his box up and seen the container with his name on it I just broke down in tears some happy tears as he was finally home and others because I just miss him so much it hurts 

your pictures of Rex are lovely 

thanks KayC i still find it hard to even look at photos of chitty cat and our cat Lucky we still have with us i just feel so helpless for her I think she really misses her buddy as they spent 15 happy years together 

• Moderators

They grieve just like we do.  When my husband died, our dog Lucky started acting up, something she never ever did.  I was so steeped in grief, it took my daughter to point out to me that Lucky was grieving, it was important for me to give her extra attention.  Over the years I put pictures up, took them down, until finally they were up to stay.  It's important to do what brings you the most comfort at the time, and that can change as you go through your grief journey.  The pain feels unbearable but the intensity does ease up in time.  (((hugs)))

• Members
Weeclaire1984

Aww KayC that could not have been a nice time for you or your family so sorry 

I feel more at peace today because we have chittys ashes in our bedroom where he spent most his time with us cuddled up morning and night

for lucky I have been focusing on extra time with her especially at bedtime I give her supper then sit and brush her on our bed to make her nice and relaxed it seems to be helping her she's not hiding away on her own as much which is nice to see but think she's still hurting but guess like us it will take time 

thanks again for your kind words big hugs 

this forum is really helping 

• Moderators

You're doing what you can, this is just hard to get through at best.  Keep doing what you are doing, wishing you and Lucky well.

• Members
Weeclaire1984

Thanks KayC , each day seems a little easier just trying to take things one day and one step at a time , I know we will always miss chitty cat but his memory will stay with us forever been thinking back over the happy times and all the things he used to get up to 

wishing you well and sending hugs 

Archived