Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just lost my mother

wteonka

• Members

Hello all, 

my mother just passed away June 29,2017... that night my world shattered to pieces.. she was not only my mother, she was also my best friend... my better half.. since then I have done all that I could to stay strong.. but it's just not that easy for me.. today has been an especially hard day.. everything I see or/and hear is reminding me of her.. I hold so many regrets.. can anybody give me any advice or tips on how to get through this a little smoother

• Members

Dear wteonka,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your cherished mom. I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. I know its an extremely difficult time. Please know you are not alone.

Everyone grieves so differently. For myself, I think having this forum and the support of good friends made things a little easier for me. I tried to stick with a routine. I still cried a lot and was angry but I tried to go through the motions of each day. If you want to, try counselling, grief support, reading different books and websites. I really like What's Your Grief and the Grief Healing Blog.

Thinking of you. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers

• Members

Dear wteonka,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I understand your pain because I lost my mother 6 months ago.  After 6 months its meant to be easier?  It isn't for me.  I feel like I am quietly going insane.  So I understand your fresh and raw grief and I am sorry.  All I can tell you is that early period is shock.  You can't quite grasp she's gone.  Your mind can't fully absorb it.  Regrets, guilt, we all seem to have that from what I've been reading here.  We think we are the only ones but it appears everyone seems to have those feelings.  If I had tips and advice I would gladly share them and use them myself.  Just keep getting up every day and going through the motions until the day is over thats what I do.  the next day the same thing.  One day I am sure it will be easier.  Who knows when?  I am sorry for your devastating loss.  I know how it feels.

• Members
Unveiled Miracles

Hi Weteonka, 

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a mother is a major rite of passage in this life and it sure does bring up A LOT. First of all, know that your mother is still with you. She is in spirit form now and therefore she is with you all the time. She lives in your heart. You can know and trust that one day you will be reunited again. Because we are all connected you can learn to connect with your mother in her spirit form. This can bring you peace and reassurance, it can also free you of guilt and regret from the past. The only thing we have is this present moment. There is no use punishing yourself with the past. You can be free and know that she wants nothing more than for you to live a beautiful life. She knows you will meet again in spirit :) 

Blessings, 

Julie

Archived