Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What are your thoughts about this bird?

Azipod

• Members

My wife passed away 3-weeks ago from today while we were on vacation in Europe.

During the morning after the night I returned home to California, I found a bird lying on the sidewalk in front of my house.

I carefully walked outside to investigate.  What I saw was what appeared to be a small bird with no signs of trauma, lying on the ground dead.  This bird was lying on the slab of sidewalk which directly meets the pathway/walkway to the front door of my house.  It was 100% in the middle, not even the slightest bit to the left, or right.

The bird was small, black in color, with small white dots on its body.  The bird was beautiful.  It appeared very young.   In contrast, my wife was also petite, and passed at the young age of 39. 

One might be able to chalk this up as mere coincidence, but I can tell you that I've never seen a dead bird in my neighborhood, let alone one that looks so young, which happens to come to the front of my house the night after I return home abroad.

I'm interested in hearing what others may think about this unusual occurrence.

• Members

I think it's probably just a dead bird but if it helps you to think it's more than that then more power to you. Grab at whatever you can. 

• Members

I do believe signs are real, sometimes we are capable to see them, it all depends how open is your heart to listen up and understand what the universe is trying to say, if you felt deep inside your heart it is a sing, it probably is, so, keep listen up your heart and it will guide you through the real meaning. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Azipod said:

The bird was small, black in color, with small white dots on its body.  The bird was beautiful.  It appeared very young.   In contrast, my wife was also petite, and passed at the young age of 39. 

One might be able to chalk this up as mere coincidence, but I can tell you that I've never seen a dead bird in my neighborhood, let alone one that looks so young, which happens to come to the front of my house the night after I return home abroad.

Personally, I believe God will sometimes allow us to experience signs in our lives, and I also think our loved ones communicate with our souls using signs and messages.  I like to think of it as their way of saying they love us.  I also feel when we lose someone we love so much, we desperately want a sign, any sign telling us they are OK and continue on somewhere.  My thinking is this, your wife's spirit is *Alive* not dead and I don't feel  a dead bird is indicative of what she is.   See the dead bird for what it is, not what you want it to be.

• Members

Azipod, Depending on your beliefs, see the bird according to what your heart and intuition see it as.Spiritually, a dead bird in your path can be seen as a sign of transition, change. A new beginning. If you believe in animal spirit guides, the bird can be seen as that spirit guide you are no longer needing and a new animal spirit guide coming in to help you with this new life path you are on.

• Members

Azipod, first let me say that I'm sorry for your loss. It saddens me every time a new "member" arrives at these dark shores. 

This bird you've found, I'm not qualified to say whether it means anything beyond the obvious, or it does in fact represent a message of some sort. I can only offer my thoughts. My belief system in matters of faith and the divine were, for the most part, well established prior to the passing of my wife. However, I've grown to accept that even my understanding of these things is incomplete and as a result, evolves over time. Full disclosure, my faith is rooted in Christianity, but I've opened up to possibilities of our reality, the nature of God, and our ultimate fate. I believe that the natural and supernatural coexist, that we live in a "pattern" of infinite complexity that as we are in it, we can not discern it's true form or nature. Only by transcending this plane, ascending to a higher existence, can we see this tapestry and its ultimate purpose, if you will. I also believe "signs", if that's what they are, are all around us. Sometimes they aren't meant for us, sometimes we see them, sometimes we can't because we aren't open to them, perhaps we see but don't understand. I experienced things just prior and subsequent to my wife's passing that for me, left little doubt as to what I was witnessing. Three weeks prior to her passing, my dearest friends father passed. He and his family experienced many similar things that I did. This bird you've found, I can't say at all what, if anything, it means. It did make enough of an impression upon you that you sought help or guidance with its implications, so perhaps it is something. It's noteworthy that you weren't looking when you happened upon this poor animal. That's when I had the most profound experiences, when I wasn't looking. As to what it means, I think that's for you to unravel. 

This is just my opinion/belief/ever changing understanding of a universe (s?) that grows more complex and awe inspiring as each day goes by. And the more complex it becomes, then so must God, and as I let go of some of my simple and "safe" assumptions of God and the nature of God, I've fully embraced the idea that the divine is beyond my grasp. And that's okay. We all arrive at whatever truth we arrive at. Each of us has our own journey, everyone unique. As long as we allow for possibilities, then I think revelation of "truth" can come to us all. 

Of course, I may be quite mad. Either way, I'm okay with it. 

Andy

• Moderators

Azipod,

I'm also very sorry you find yourself alone and missing your wife.  I believe every now and then when we most need it, we're given a sign to know they're still with us.  Most of my walk is on faith, but I've had some signs too, like the pansy that came up out of the ground one year after my husband passed.  In the 40 years here I've never seen that happen before or since, especially since we have harsh winters.  Pansy was a flower special to us, my husband called them the smiling flower.  I think what is sent our way is something we will recognize was meant for us because it has special meaning to us.  I've learned to accept and embrace what I can't explain.

Archived