Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost a friend

cpm

• Members

My friend and her boyfriend died in a car accident yesterday. She wasn't my closest friend but she wasn't just an acquaintance either. I talked to her often. I hadn't seen her in a while since it was summer. I've never dealt with death before. I know there's nothing I can do to bring her back, but I keep expecting to hear something that she's actually okay. It's just hard to believe. When I found out yesterday I mostly just sat in my room. Today I thought I'd try and normalize things, play video games like I was yesterday before I found out, but I feel guilty trying to have fun because she can't. And even when I've learned to cope with it and I'm older and I tell people what happened to her, I'm just going to be sad again because I got to grow up and she didn't. It's our senior year too. We made it this far and she won't get to graduate or anything. My mom keeps telling me that I can talk to her if I need to but I don't know what to talk about. I don't think I feel sad right now but I don't feel normal and I don't know what to do with myself or my time

• Members

CPM, 

You are feeling what is very normal when someone close or someone you know dies suddenly. I had a very close friend die in a terrible accident when I was a senior in high school. It was a complete shock, and I felt so very bad for him and his family. I walked around in a daze for a long time. Talking about how you are feeling is the best way to heal. Talk to your mom. Tell her what you just told us. Feeling guilty that you get to go on and she doesn't is very normal. You are not alone if feeling this way. 

It will get better. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
Unveiled Miracles

Hi CPM, 

I just want you to know that my experience as a medium allows me to see death very differently than most people. You see, when people die (even in a freak car accident) I believe it was predestined by the soul. Their time on Earth was over, they had learned all they needed to learn in that incarnation. When people die, they actually experience no pain. The body may have been in pain, but when the soul leaves the body there is no pain. You do not have to be sad for her, in fact she wants you to be happy for her. She wants you to see her as free and empowered in this. If you feel that you want to get a sign that she is okay, you can actually ask her and God to send you a sign (that you will easily understand and recognize) that she is okay. The sign with come to you, but it will be up to you to recognize it. By doing things like this we learn to communicate with the spirit world. We realize that we are actually connected to everything and everyone. Even though someone may leave this Earth, the connection to the spirit will always be there. I hope this helps you. Sending you love and support. 

Blessings, 

Julie

• Members

Dear cpm,

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is a shock to lose a friend so close in age. I think its something very hard to accept. How could this happen to someone we know?

When you are ready and if you want to, please don't hesitate to talk to a trusted friend or family member. Or reach out because the community and the church also offer a lot of different support options.

Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. Thinking of you.

• Members

I was in 9th grade the first time one of my friends die, I completely understand how hard it is to continue with highschool because you no longer feel like a little highschooler. I'm here to talk. 

Archived