Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 19 year old fur-baby is dying!

mtnrse

• Members

My poor kitty had a bad seizure almost two weeks ago. He seemed to recover okay at first though he was very disoriented afterwards.  Afterwards,  each day,  he became weaker and weaker.  Over the past few days,  he has deteriorated. I now bring his canned food and water dishes to him as he has been laying on the sofa with me for the past two days. He can barely walk and I have to carry him to the litter box a few times as he isn't able to make it the 15 feet to get there. I knew that this day would come eventually.  Just never ready to say goodbye!  I am heartbroken and truly don't know how on earth I'm going to manage without him!   He has been my best friend,  companion and a joy to my life!  I just can't imagine being able to come home and not have him there!  To not hear his cry for breakfast,  lunch and supper!  To not have him nuzzling my feet or looking up at me with his loving, beautiful,  Siamese eyes!!!  

I feel completely devastated now.  Haven't left his side in two days.  Afraid to even get up and go into another room! 

How do I cope with the soon loss of him?  

20170705_151002.jpg

• Members

I'm so sorry. It's very difficult. I've had several fur babies pass on, and it's always heart-breaking. I don't know about others, but I try to focus on their relief from suffering, and I try to focus on the happy memories when I know their time is near. That may not work for everyone, but it works for me. Also, don't be afraid to cry, cry, cry and cry more. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived