Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
Jilty

Loss of adult daughter

Jilty   

Hello,

I just want to put a brief synopsis of  my story out here hoping people will have advice for me to help with this awful event.

My daughter took her own life end of May after a few unsuccessful attempts. She was 36. She had led a troubled life, the underlying cause of her problems I won't discuss on here. My family are all devastated. I live alone,  am divorced and my two sons don't live near, one is on another Continent anyway.

Whilst I had sort of tucked away the idea that she might one day succeed at the back of my mind, the reality of it when it happened still blew me away.She had a nervous breakdown two years ago and this all just spiralled down  out of that really. Still can't grasp the idea that i will never ever see her or speak to her again.

I have only just gone back to work, they have been fabulous but I really, really  don't want to be back there but am only going because my team cannot support my work load indefinitely and this guilt is adding to my emotional state. I feel torn between wanting to be at home and returning to the normal treadmill of reality. I am still bursting into tears at the slightest thing and it seems to be more often than in the first few weeks.  This first week back has been so tiring even though I am office based.

I have been drinking a lot more than normal but not to excess on any occasion and  i do realise it is not an answer but it does help. (Been there before and have learnt from that experience).

I have been in touch with a few support sites but no one has really reached out to me and I am hoping that I can be a part of this to share my story, get help and reach out to others too.

Many thanks for reading and my sympathies go out to all of you who are sharing this grief from losing someone close to your hearts.

cag   

I lost my son on July 14. He also made several attempts, over 6 years. He was 26 years old. 

I have some idea what you are going through. 

My husband and I joined a support group and I see a therapist once a week.  Both have been very helpful, the support group has several other parents that lost an adult child. 

Please respond and let me know how you are doing. 

reader   

Dear Jilty and cag,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on your beloved daughter and son. I'm very sorry for your losses.

I know this is an extremely difficult time. If you want to try as cag has suggested and try to seek out resources in the community or through church.

Please know we are all here for you.

Sorry for your pain and sorrow. It is an unimaginable loss.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you.