Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
heyit'sme

i don't know how to talk about it

my friend and mentor died almost a week ago from cancer and i've been acting like things are OK because the people around me never really knew her. everyday i think about her and everyday i have to push back tears when i'm in public. i don't know how to tell people how sad i am and how mad and lost i am. i'm sixteen and i've never lost a friend before. i want to be able to just lose it but i feel like no one will understand or want to deal with me. i don't know what to do.

Heyit'sme,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend and mentor. Go ahead and cry and be sad. When people ask what's wrong, tell them exactly what you just told us. Have you told your parents how you feel? Have you talked to anyone? Losing a mentor is very difficult. I can see why you are hurting. Please reach out to your loved ones and tell them what's going on. You may be pleasantly surprised at the support you receive. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

reader   

Dear Heyitsme,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend and mentor. I know the pain and sorrow is deep. Please know its okay to express your feelings. If you feel like your family and friends won't understand, then please consider talking to a professional grief counsellor or joining a support group. There are many resources in the community and through church.

I also find these websites helpful: What's Your Grief and the Grief Healing Blog.

Please know you are not alone. Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.