Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief is so bad losing my springer

Danny

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had several fur babies die over the years, and it's never easy. Do your best for now by just getting through a little at a time. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Moderators

Danny,

I'm so sorry.  Springers are wonderful dogs.  It's so darned hard to lose our babies.  (((hugs)))

• Members

Sorry to hear about your loss, Danny.

Maybe telling your story here and sharing your grief can help you to cope ...

• Members

Yes sure. I'm from the  UK we as a family were going away for a few days with our springer (jed) in a log cabin. Jed was 13 and knew he was fading because he couldn't go out for walks but could go in garden easy and play but wasn't 100% anyhow I was in town buying jed a bone so he could chew and chill out with us. I had a phone call from my wife telling me jed wasn't good so I came home to find jeds back legs had gone and couldn't stand up. My heart went and called the vets and they said bring him. They said the worst which I knew was coming and had to jed to sleep which I cried till I couldn't breathe! Its 6 days now and I carnt stand him not been here I miss him so much. There's nothing there now no bowls no basket all I do is stare and cry. 

• Moderators

Danny,

I know, I've been through it.  There's no easy way, no relief.  Eventually our system adjusts somewhat, but always, always, we miss them.

• Moderators

You are in no way betraying Jed.  In fact, quite the opposite, it is a testament to Jed that you loved so deeply and feel this desire to love again.  I think it helps to get another.  Some do so right away, some wait a while.  You will still mourn Jed.  The new one would not be like him, and you will feel that, but they will create their own special place in your heart and fill it.

Archived