Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Going on Nine months

Chasisdope

• Members

It's going on nine months since my husband passed. I still love him very much. Miss him more than ever. Still cry for him. 

What I've been doing to keep me occupied is going to the beauty salon. I've been keeping up with my appearance. 

I've started going to the gym. I've been going out more to social gatherings. It does help take my mind off when I can. As soon as I'm alone, there I go again. 

But, I'm thankful for this forum and everyone here who's helped me keep my head up. I don't know where I'd be without you all. Thank you so much.

Next month, I'm going back to college. Hopefully, that too should keep my busy. 

• Moderators

Good luck to you!  It sounds like you're making positive choices!

• Members

It is so nice and relieving to hear from you! I'm glad to hear you are doing the best you can. Working on self care is what we need in helping us through this journey. Hair trims, sometimes going the whole 9 yards with a spa day, gym work outs, socializing. walking, what ever we think we can manage. Going back to college will certainly keep you busy and give you a goal for the future. Gosh yes, we are always going to have our crying spells and miss our beloveds, but we have no choice in doing this life in a manner that will honor them.  I'm so happy for you and I hope you are feeling proud in being able to keep putting one foot in front of the other!   That is why we are here, to listen, share and keep each other afloat.  (HUGS)

• Members
On 7/9/2017 at 10:20 PM, Chasisdope said:

It's going on nine months since my husband passed. I still love him very much. Miss him more than ever. Still cry for him. 

What I've been doing to keep me occupied is going to the beauty salon. I've been keeping up with my appearance. 

I've started going to the gym. I've been going out more to social gatherings. It does help take my mind off when I can. As soon as I'm alone, there I go again. 

But, I'm thankful for this forum and everyone here who's helped me keep my head up. I don't know where I'd be without you all. Thank you so much.

Next month, I'm going back to college. Hopefully, that too should keep my busy. 

Good for you.   I've retired so I try keeping myself busy as well.  I've joined a senior water aerobic class that meets 5 days a week; hit the gym at least twice a week; joined a beginning tennis course that meets once a week and am in a walking program, twice a week.  All these activities are in the morning so when I return home in the afternoon/evenings, I  sometimes have my meltdowns and rock bottom episodes; the good thing is I'm learning not to stay there too long.  My faith in God, prayer and this forum have kept me above board and I too am very thankful and grateful to all here.  I'm so happy you've decided to further your education; never stop learning because life never stop teaching.  God bless and good luck to you.

Archived