Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I think she's here...

SweetBear

• Members

For starters I'm not a highly religious person but I do believe in signs from those who are no longer with us. 

After I lost my mom I felt she was close by when I would see a hawk. 

Also seeing two birds together has a meaning that is more god related. 

I live on a hill that looks across the city of San Diego all the way to the coast, so I sit out here a lot just to think. Talk to my mom and now Bev. 

Two nights ago I was out here talking to her, crying and begging her show me sign she's here with me. 

Keep in mind I get a LOT of dove pairs and feel it's both my parents watching over me. 

So I'm sitting here crying my heart out to Bev and I looked over and a single dove was on the street light wire that runs past my garage. Honestly I just thought meh random bird, it's nothing. Then a bright yellow Oriole landed in my pine tree. Again, birds are always here. But I said "ok I'm not convinced in the least, you'll have to do more".

Jump to last night. Out here again talking to Bev, and now specifically looking over at the wire from the street light. I said "Sweetie I REALLY need to see you're here with me, pleeeease!" And in an instant a dove flew into the pepper tree to my left hitting it's wings on the leaves (which they never do) and that caught my attention. So as I'm trying to take that in it flew right back out and over to that dang street light wire! So kind of joking I said "Ok unless the yellow bird is with you I'm not convinced" and within 10 seconds that yellow Oriole landed in the pine tree!! 

So I sat here talking to the dove and said I needed a little more convincing, let's see how tomorrow goes. 

Jump to today. I'm out here talking to Bev, again asking how all this happened and telling her how empty I feel. Then I looked over at the wire and I begged her to convince me she's here. I kept staring at it, crying my eyes out and all of  sudden something to the left caught my eye. It was a dove sitting on the post of the street light. Needless to say I kind of stared at it for about a minute in disbelief and then I said "hah nice try, where's the yellow bird?" And in an instant a bird flew up from behind my garage roof and it WAS the yellow bird!!! 

So I broke down and sat here for a good ten minutes talking to that dove. Saying I'd give anything to hold Bev again, or feel her arms around me. Finally I said "I wish you could come closer" and as I'm sitting here, it took off from the light post and flew right at me but 10-15 feet over my head. 

So as I'm here in a surreal moment I happened to look across the horizon and I saw two large birds circling over the houses below. That felt kind of like a confirmation for lack of a better word.

Years ago I would have been sold it's her. Sadly I'm much harder to convince these days, but I'd say someone is giving it a hell of a try. 

ETA--- and yes I've already ready been called a nut job on stuff like this and possibly am.

She came back again. And the yellow bird is in the pepper tree right now. 

IMG_20170707_184634.jpg

• Members

Sweetbear, Don't worry, you are not a *nut job*!  I believe you are getting signs from Bev with the dove and oriole. A person doesn't have to have a religious affiliation to be spiritual and have a belief that there is more to the universe than this planet we are on. I'm happy for you that Bev is showing you that she transitioned to a different life, is ok and at peace and still very much loves you.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, SweetBear said:

Sadly I'm much harder to convince these days, but I'd say someone is giving it a hell of a try. 

That's my reaction too...she's doing her best, all but jumping up and down in front of you! :)

• Members

Signs are there. I wasn't much of a believer in signs but I have had a couple of doozies!  There just has to be something that we cannot possibly comprehend. Some things just can not be explained away as coincidences. 

• Members

Ditto the other responses.  I am a religious person and I've always asked for some kind of sign from God that my Charles, wherever he was, was alright.  God just wanted me to pay attention and not just shrug them off as if they are something weird or strange occurrences.  I think sometimes God send the storm to show us HE is the only shelter.  Man says...Show me and I'll trust you;  God says...Trust me and I'll show you.  I did, and HE did.

• Moderators

I've had some signs, not many, mostly I rely on faith.  I know where he is and I know he's well, and I know we'll be together again, that's pretty much all I need to know! :)

• Members
9 hours ago, KayC said:

I've had some signs, not many, mostly I rely on faith.  I know where he is and I know he's well, and I know we'll be together again, that's pretty much all I need to know! :)

You took the words right out of my mouth; couldn't have said it any better.  But I will end it with a *AMEN* 

• Members

Woke up this morning at around 7 after a miserable night and was back into the disbelief that she's really gone. Got out of bed to go the bathroom and happened to glance out the bedroom window to the backyard. Had to do a double take when I saw this. With the exception of some very rare summer rain and thunder (for maybe 1/2 an hour) when it was gone, that dove is STILL sitting out there right now and it's going on 7pm. 

bev july 9 1.jpg

• Members

Sweetbear,  I would take the dove as a sign that Bev is sending consolation and peace to you.

• Members

Wow! Beautiful picture - and how fitting.  The deepest kind of peace is represented by the dove; thought to quiet troubled thoughts and renew minds and spirits.  I think waiting for someone for a few minutes is need; waiting for a few hours is trust; waiting for a few weeks, perhaps friendship; but when you wait for someone, even though you know they are never coming back, is *True Love*.  That's what I have for my Charles and I know you have for your Bev.

• Members

I'm the most rational person you can imagine but I've seen things that I can't ignore, too.
My wife and my stepdaughter were very spiritual people. My wife had a deck of angel cards which she sometimes used to get answers.
One day she got a card that said "A major part of your life is about to end. Embrace your new life and find happiness". At first she thought it was a sign that death is waiting for her. A few hours later our daughter came home and told us that she decided to move out, becasue she couldn't bear to see her mother suffer anymore. So the part of being a full time mum ended that way.
The night my wife decided to leave and send me away I just drove around aimlessly through the night. My stepdaughter believes in shamanism where everybody has a 'power animal' as a spiritual guide. Her's is a fox.
As I was driving around I suddenly see a fox at the side of the street. This can happen around here occasionally but I hadn't seen one in years until that night. When I came around the same spot half an hour later it was still there.
Later when I got home and found my wife dead I noticed that her angel cards were out. She must have picked one right before she did it. The card on top of the deck said "victory - your wish will be granted".
After I called the police I stepped outside to wait. It was early morning and noone around. Suddenly a single dove flew by, landed right in front of our house and walked up and down our driveway. A priest told me that the dove is a symbol for the holy ghost so I had signs from religious, spiritual and shamanistic sources. A bit too much to be ignored.

• Members
2 hours ago, Marcel said:

I'm the most rational person you can imagine but I've seen things that I can't ignore, too.

Some things we see or hear cannot possibly be explained realistically. There just has to be universal energy forces out there beyond this earth. Sometime after my husband passed, I remembered the knocking I heard the last year and a half before he passed. I would wake up to a knocking. The first time it happened, I laid there for a bit listening, didn't hear any more sound and just figured it was one of those strange things in between sleep and waking.  Some months later, I awoke to the knocking again. I sat up in bed and accounted for my husband sleeping next me, the dog and cat asleep on the bed. They didn't hear anything. I then got up and checked outside. No one there. The last time it happened was a few months before my husband passed. I ignored it.  After I remembered the knocking scenarios, I did some research on the meaning of dreams. Turns out hearing knocking during our lucid dreaming time is a sign that someone is going to cross over and we are being given a heads up from our spirit guides or angels. That hindsight did a number on me for sometime. But it has taught me to be more aware spiritually.

• Members

Well, between the sunflowers and the various dove showings, I'm like 80% yes and 20% IDK. 

My birthday was a week ago today and the dove I'd seen outside my bedroom window was still there constantly but she seemed to be flying here and there. Then my cat Eli took a sudden interest in that window. So I started looking more and realized she was building a nest. It's on the security light fixture (I took the bulbs out two years ago because skunks kept setting it off and lighting up my bedroom) that is about 8 feet from the bed. 

Bev was NOT able to tape two sticks together without getting stuck to them. After I realized there was an attempt at a nest I went back to check it out. 90% of the stuff was on the ground. I got a good laugh, but I picked up all the fallen stuff and threw it back over in my garden area where she had been gathering things. I even felt so bad I hung an empty moss planter hoping she would take the safe route and move things over there. Nope. 

So this morning when I woke up my Eli (cat) was in the window watching intensely. She obviously knows he's there. Maybe that's a safety factor? Idk. 

Now (being an animal lover) my fear is that joke of a nest she built will hold eggs AND children?? 

But on top of anything I do feel like she is here. 

still here2.jpg

• Members

On a less positive note I'm a member of a group called Nextdoor and it consists of neighborhoods around you. There was an as for some free faux rock siding that I really wanted. It had just been listed and I was ready to go get it if it was close. I wasn't familiar with the address. Map popped up and it was exactly one street over from Bev's house, so yeah, not happening.  

• Moderators

That picture is award winning quality!  Especially with the significance.  I really wish it'd be on a calendar or something...

• Members

Sweetbear,Your dove pic is amazing! Go with your gut instinct. If you feel that the dove is a sign from Bev, that she is hanging close in spirit, believe it. The dove could have built a nest anywhere, but choosing a spot outside of your window speaks volumes.

Archived