Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

11 Months almost and still missing her

Lucysmomma

• Members
Lucysmomma

I haven't posted anything before about the loss of my girls. I had 2 beautiful girls Isabelle a Boxer that I lost in 2014 due to cancer. Then my Lucy a Boxer/ Lab mix that passed this last August. I loved both of my girls and when I lost my Lucy due to old age it devastated me to this day I can not stop crying about her. She was my first pet after I got married and bought a house. She was here 4 years before I had my child. There are some animals that you have a special connection with and she was mine. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2013 and was placed in the hospital soon after for an obstruction everyday while I was gone Lucy became more depressed that I wasn't home. The day I came home she was so happy and wouldn't leave my side the entire time I was home on medical leave. She was the one that we could just look at each other and it would be comforting. I have another dog named Tucker that is almost 4, but the loss of Lucy has been harder on me than I could have ever imagined. I know I am rambling just felt like I needed to talk about it again. This is a picture of my girls when they where younger. Isabelle is the brindle/ darker one and Lucy is the fawn and white one.

image.jpeg

• Members

Hey my Angel Friend, please let me say first that I am so sorry for your losses.... it is totally okay to cry whenever you want to!!!! Those were your babies...fur babies , just like my fur baby that I cry for every night. They were beautiful and nothing can't ever replaced them, whenever you feel the need to talk .....I will be here for you !!! It helps me to get through too after the loss of my fur baby Rex!!! God knows I miss him so much .....16 years together!!! Like a cat/son so to speak!!! God bless you and stay strong!!!!IMG_0467.thumb.JPG.1e35752b60cc9f1cdb774b12c5330a80.JPG

• Members
Lucysmomma

Thank you so much! It is very hard with the loss of a child so to speak. They where my girls I will never refer to them as my dogs cause they where so much more. It does get easier with the crying I still think about them all the time. I am here for you also if you need to talk. Lucy was 13 when she passed and she was healthy always. The day that lead up to her death I watched her walk in the backyard and she moved so much slower and just laid down under a tree. I went outside and picked her up and that wasn't an easy task. I had a scab from where her nails scratched my leg, when the scab finally went away it devastated me even more cause that was my last mark of her. She ate very little and drank. She looked at me so sad like she knew she was going to leave soon. I kissed her head and told her I would see her in the morning. I was going to take her to my work for them to euthanize her and was waiting for my husband to get home from work. He usually got home around 3 and she passed at 3:05. I always said she would be the one that would go on her own and she did. This picture shows how happy she always was around her momma. God Bless you!

image.jpeg

• Members

Awwwwwwwww!!!! I just love that picture of you and your baby, like my baby ....he had shown signs of deterioration weeks ago before I've put him down peacefully last week: losing a lot weight, gagging/ vomiting, diarrhea,loss of appetite (believe me my boy could eat then!), and other unpleasant signs that it was time to go. It hurted so bad ,but I knew it was best for him. He was the most lovable cat in the world!!!! My heart hurts so much and people just don't understand that these babies meant the world to us...except God !! He knows!! He definitely does!! And here are some pics I chose to show you how spoiled he was !!!8F44DD52-73FB-4B45-AB57-30A5F33DBFF1.thumb.JPG.d34098d619ac5f86cb4a26acf221b3a0.JPGIMG_0116.thumb.JPG.b53b73e8a6713880cf261ad9df068e3c.JPGIMG_0006.thumb.JPG.173e43804872f239da5653e3aeb605f2.JPGIMG_0185.thumb.JPG.dcf61d780e7c7de2e88a7727b420496a.JPG

• Members
Lucysmomma

He looks like he was so precious. I always say that we don't choose the animal it chooses us. I probably would have had many more but I think sometimes when you just look at each other you just know that you are their person. My son keeps asking if we can get another dog. I am just not emotionally ready to have another one besides Tucker. Maybe one day I will find another one. I keep telling him regardless a new pet will NEVER be Lucy. Here is a picture of Tucker. 

image.jpeg

• Members

Tucker is so handsome!!! You are absolutely right my Angel Friend, we didn't choose them...they chose us!!!! My daughter and I both agree we don't want another pet.....maybe we feel it will take away Rex's memories. Not right now since it has only been a week and a half now, it's too soon for us. Who knows what God has in store for us ;-)!!! We're waiting for his ashes to return home so he can be with us :-)....I can't wait to bring him home.

• Members
Lucysmomma

I agree never rush to get another baby. I already had Tucker before anything happened to my girls. There was a timeframe where I 3 my girls and my lil boy.  When the time is right you will now when you see there face. 

• Members

Oh okay, thanks for being a "rock" !!! It was great writing to you.....please, let's keep in touch!! It will do our hearts and souls good !! Be encouraged and stay strong my friend for sweet Lucy and I need to be strong for sweet Rex too!! Good night and sleep at ease if you can...I will try, it's still not easy for me. Feels so absent without him here purring near me :-(. 

• Moderators

I am sorry for you both...the loss of an animal can be one of the hardest losses, in my opinion.  I am extremely close to my Arlie, I've had many cats and dogs over the years, but you're right, there'll always be one that you really connect with...it's tough.  It's my experience that you don't get over grief, you learn to live with it, you carry it with you.  We learn to adjust, to cope, to do better with it, but it's still there.  How could it be any other way when a part of us is missing?

Archived