Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Something that is bothering me

FurryBabyAngels

• Members
FurryBabyAngels

I hadn't really been thinking about it before since I feel beyond horrible about all of it, but on the day Myrtle passed away (June 19th, 2017) we had to go to the vet to see her body and confirm that she had actually passed away. While we were there the vet made us sign a euthanasia form saying that it was to release her from being seen as a potential dangerous animal so that they could have her body cremated. Is that the normal procedure or was my cat euthanized without me or my family's consent?

• Members

Hello my "Angel Friend ", something does sounds very fishy about that... when we put our beloved cat down 6/22/2017, I had to sign a consent form "first" to give the vet permission to put our baby down. They do that because of further litigations issues arise if you happen to change your mind or something else otherwise....I feel they should have called you in advanced when your furbaby was in crisis right then and there!!! I feel also they may had made an error and trying to cover their mistake!!! I am so sorry for your loss sweetie, but knowing me if I was in your shoes.... I would like to know further details about my furbaby. Get a second or more opinions from other vets and get information on what you need to understand of what has happened to you and your furbaby , hopefully they can help you in your time of sorrow!!! I'm praying that you get the answers you needed and I'm also praying for your strength and comfort too!!! Please be strong my "cat mama or papa" friend and know I (we) are supporting you!!! Be blessed and good luck!!!!

• Members
Lucysmomma

This is called a body disposition form. The vet clinic I work for has this form. This form is filled out regardless of how the pet or animal passes. When both of my girls passed one euthanized and the other passed at home. I had them cremated and this form had to be completed it protects you as the owner and the clinic. Hope this helps. I am not a vet I work in records. I am still heartbroken over my girls especially my girl who died at home. 

Archived