Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Berta

• Members

I'm lost. I've never done anything like this before. If someone out there sees this please guide mee through it

• Members
Tommy's mum

Berta you are not alone in this awful grief journey. We on the loss of an adult child thread have all been there and with support are slowly coming together after our lives have been shattered by losing one or more children. Join us on this thread there are many members and we will help you find your way. i am so sorry your son took his own life. that is a devastating thing to happen and leaves those behind wondering what they missed or did not do. Just understand that this is not a decision taken lightly it is a mind that is distorted by depression and anxiety and that cannot take anymore. It is not a reflection on the family or relationships it is a depressed mind that is taken over by an insanity. There is nothing anyone could do or say that would have changed the path your poor son was on he was obviously tormented and felt out of control. I lost my son in 2015 and still feel lost sometimes. There are other days when I function well and i know I have made slow progress with the help of a psychiatrist, bereavevement counsellor medication and this online support group. Grief is very debilitating and exhausting and there are many people out there who just dont get it but here we do. I had a total mental breakdown after my son Tommy was killed and spiralled into an insane depression and also tried to take my own life even though I have 3 other adult children because grief and depression warped my mentality. I was unexpectedly saved and have spent a long time trying to deal with the guilt over the grief I caused my family so I understand the suicidal mind better than most. I am happy to try and help you go through this, you are not on your own ok? take care

• Members
Tommy's mum

Berta these quotes are for you

152b113246c50a0dcb78afa636cfbe70.jpg.723a9224b15d1c76cfa4f6a839a4dad1.jpg1c07190825c633856c3215c8ae97beb9.jpg.0e2eaca4d96498242110db1fd1dea48d.jpg11a227bf1292f9c23591cf4b13d43a2f.thumb.jpg.2424f5d7d6f502c340f131ef77a8c9ee.jpg

Archived