Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Lost My Furbaby Too!!!

MarvaMac

• Members

Hi everybody!!! I am so blessed to come across this website cause not only I lost my beloved cat/son on June 22,2017, but I've also lost my  brother on May 16,2017...just a month apart. Lord, sometimes I wonder how can I continue each day without you both .....but I know I have to for the sake of my well being. Please let me start off to say my sweet and beloved furbaby Rex whom I had for nearly 16 years had to be put down last week cause of cancer was so devastating I just didn't know how I could still function each day without falling apart from grief! I tried my best to hold on to him, but it was too much for him to bear.....he had lost so much weight and stopped eating his favorite foods was the first of several signs to come for us. I just wasn't ready to let him go, but I knew it was best and humane way to put him down in a peaceful, painless,and loving death that I wish all animals and beloved pets can go through....just reading everyone stories brought so much tears to my eyes , but yet I gained a new sense of revelation that I wasn't the only one hurting by myself . We all are hurting the same way when it comes to our fur babies...no matter what kind of pets they  are or how they passed away....it still hurts like hell!!!! I will pray and lay hands on all of the grieving people on this website to let everyone know God loves each and every one of us, we must be encouraged, stay strong, and to take care of ourselves the best way we know how. We can get through these "trying times" and each day will soon get better for us...some way , some how ....we can overcome it. Take care everyone and may God bless you all!!!!!

• Members

I'm feeling empty right now, but I do want to express my compassion for the heavy losses you suffered.

You say you weren't ready to let go of your cat. I guess only few people are. I always think of a French expression: J'embrasse mon rival, mais c'est pour l'etouffer (I embrace my rival but only to strangle him). I always wonder where holding onto beloved ones becomes a burden for the ones we're holding onto. I have to compliment you for paying attention to the changing state of your cat. You did see how he lost weight and stopped eating. (That may seem obvious to some, but a friend recently told me how he held onto his cat with epilepsy for several years) You weren't blind to the state of your cat. Even in a time where a little pet on the head or a little cuddle could've helped you with the loss of your brother. And though you took a decision and made an unselfish choice to let go, it must've been devastating nevertheless.

I hope this forum can help you a little bit to get through these difficult times!

• Members
19 hours ago, Izegrim said:

I'm feeling empty right now, but I do want to express my compassion for the heavy losses you suffered.

You say you weren't ready to let go of your cat. I guess only few people are. I always think of a French expression: J'embrasse mon rival, mais c'est pour l'etouffer (I embrace my rival but only to strangle him). I always wonder where holding onto beloved ones becomes a burden for the ones we're holding onto. I have to compliment you for paying attention to the changing state of your cat. You did see how he lost weight and stopped eating. (That may seem obvious to some, but a friend recently told me how he held onto his cat with epilepsy for several years) You weren't blind to the state of your cat. Even in a time where a little pet on the head or a little cuddle could've helped you with the loss of your brother. And though you took a decision and made an unselfish choice to let go, it must've been devastating nevertheless.

I hope this forum can help you a little bit to get through these difficult times!

I thank you so much for your sweet response, I will definitely take to heart of what you've said and I will take one day at a time. God bless you my friend and thanks for that beautiful French quote too !!! Too awesome!!!!

IMG_0445.JPG

• Members
13 hours ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry for the losses of your brother and your cat.  Our furry friends often get us through the difficult places in life, and it has to be hard, grieving your brother, and now your cat too.

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2016/04/in-grief-coping-with-multiple-losses.html

Words cannot express the pain I feel for you over the loss of your "AngelHubby"!!!! Your kind and gentle words touched my heart as well as your strength and courage to show your love and concern for others speaks major volumes to me!!! This world needs more " Angels" like you to spread love everywhere!!! Thank you so much, be blessed and continue to give your gift to others ( as well as yourself) during their trying times!!!! May the Lord bless you my AngelFriend!!!!IMG_0464.JPG.4c478aa0cb0305159e184878ed522869.JPG

Archived