Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My oldest sister passed away

Coffeemouse

• Members
Coffeemouse

My oldest sister passed away 10 months ago from cancer & the effects of chemotherapy. My whole family is struggling, & so am I. Of course, we pray, as we are Christians.  Has anyone joined a group for grief support (not online, in person)? I have been unable to join one yet due to social anxiety & depression. Nearly everyone seems to have forgotten that we are living with this terrible loss. It is so hard, living without our precious sister & second mother. I am glad she isn't suffering terribly anymore, because she really suffered tremendously. I just miss her so much! I feel guilty for yelling at her a few times when I was trying to help care for her, though I was very stressed & exhausted. I should never have yelled at my wonderful sister, who was so sick. I am angry at myself, honestly mad sometimes at God for letting her die, & possibly angry at my sister for not getting to the doctor sooner. Thank you to any who have gone to group therapy for grief support who can tell me if it has helped. May God bless & comfort all on here!

• Members

Coffemouse,

I am very sorry about the loss of your sister. Don't beat yourself up over yelling at her; it's terribly hard to care for terminally ill people, and the stress can get to you after awhile. Many people experience extreme guilt, anger, loneliness, and every other emotion you can think of after a profound loss. I've led many grief and loss support groups, and I personally find them very helpful to those who attend. Most people find it comforting to talk with others who share similar stories. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived