Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hard everyday

Jandjmom44

• Members

Today would have been my son's 33rd birthday.  It hurts as much today as it ever has.  My son has been gone for 27 months and I just lost my 33 year old step daughter 3 months ago.  I feel at a loss and will never be happy again.  I have not been happy in a  long time. 

• Members
Tommy's mum

jandjmom44 I am sorry for both your losses I am 22 months on from losing my son Tommy. He was 24. It still hurts every day but I try to focus on something else so I can achieve something that day.  I am on disability after failed ankle surgery so I don't have to work at the moment. It is both a blessing and a curse, I have a lot of time alone at home, and have to work at not getting overwhelmed emotionally. Some days are worse than others there are different triggers and memories but some days now are ok. It has taken a long time to get to this place of relative sanity. Please join us on Loss of an Adult Child thread which is very active and has some wonderful parents you can connect with and share your thoughts.

Archived