Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mother died recently

sj2017

• Members

Dear sj2017,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your beloved mom. I'm very sorry for your loss. Everyone is different and there is no right way or wrong way. I have tried almost everything and anything to help me cope. If you want to, try counselling, grief support, reading different articles and books. There are also programs through the community and websites GriefShare.Org and The Grief Recovery Method. I also find these websites helpful: What's Your Grief and The Grief Healing Blog.

Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you.

Take care of yourself.  Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Sadiepup6983

Mine died a month ago today finding this hard myself 

• Members
Phillip1985

Visited my mom's grave today. I cried on my way there, but was at peace once I reached her grave. Told her how my day went. This may only be true of me, but talking out loud to my mom gave me comfort. I'll visit again tomorrow to put a flag on her grave site. And yes, tell her again how my day is going so far. 

• Members
StruggleBus

I talk to my mom out loud all the time. They say it helps. And I always feel calmer at my moms grave as well. I don't know why, it should be the opposite I suppose but I feel like she's safe.

• Members
Phillip1985

It is comforting to know that other people experience the same peace I feel when I talk out load to my mom and visit her grave. I use the same tone in my voice as if she is still alive. The way I relate my day to her and tell her I love her. Thanks for posting.

• Members
Phillip1985

I know I'll always miss my mom. I believe that I'll see her someday in heaven. Until that time, I'll have to turn my grief into something productive.

• Members

Dear all,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know its an extremely difficult time. You all give me hope and strength. I, too, have to turn my grief into something productive. It is a daily struggle sometimes.

Thinking of you all.

• Members

Hello

I'm so sorry for all of your losses:(

I lost my Mum four weeks ago today. I've never felt such pain, it was so sudden and now I'm literally broken. I don't even know how I got through her service or even how we arranged it all. I miss her beyond words. She was my best friend. Life without her is rubbish and I'm still struggling to accept she's actually gone:( 

People keep saying it gets easier but I can't see it. How do you get over losing the most important person in your life? I don't think I ever will. 

Sending hugs, hope you're all getting through today ok. 

X

Archived