Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost the only thing i ever truly loved and has ever truly loved me

Juan Miguel

• Members
Juan Miguel

Its been almost 2 years since my baby passed away and i still cry every time i see his pictures, its 2am and i have work tomorrow but i just cant sleep because after all this time it still hurts a little bit whenever i think about how much i loved my cat. How whole he'd make me feel everyday and how i go home eager to be greeted by how he jump on me from the front gate trees. He was killed in a horrific way, hit by a truck left his entire head mangled. I try to look at his pictures so i wont remember him by how he looked when he died, but it still pains me. How he didnt even see me when he was dying. His eyes where ... unable to see after what happened . I still cant forget hot he twitched before he died. He was good. Pure soul filled with light for a street kitty and he died so badly. I just wish more people around me understood how i felt and how much i loved my Cat ChiSao. 

IMG_0481.JPG

• Members
Missing My Gigi

I'm so sorry you are suffering...that must have been so traumatizing. I think it's understandable to still miss and ache for your sweet kitty.  Our pets mean so much to us and I think people who don't have pets - plainly don't understand our pain. ChiSao was so lucky to have you!!! I miss my sweet Gigi...she lived to be almost 21 and died early Friday morning... I'm not sure she knew how much I loved her. I have cried so much over the past few days. I still can't believe she is really gone...

• Members
Juan Miguel

Thank you for understanding. Its comforting to know that someone loved their kitties as much as i did. Loving your pet for so long and so true. Its painful losing someone you love. Im sure you gave Gigi the best life she'd hope for, and she loved you as much as you did her. Im sure there in their paradise together right now. My cat had the friendliest nature he makes friends fast so they're not completely alone. Thats what i like to think.

• Members

I can understand how emotional and shocking this must be for you. The shock of the event, but also the sudden loss of a pet you loved so dearly.

I lost my first cat after one year: got run over by a car. It was still living, but the back of his body was completely crushed. We called some emergency but nobody responded. My mum took us kids to an aunt and uncle, while in the meantime my dad took care of the whole situation. What that meant, I only found out years after: he had to scrape the cat of the street, put it in a bag and drown it. I still hold a grudge against those organisations. And the guy who did it ... and that was about 40 years ago!

I hope that you can get some help. Two years and still mourning like this ... that's a long time. Maybe writing down your story here can help ...

• Moderators

Juan Miguel,

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat, beautiful pictures, I wish I was better at taking pictures so I could have more of my Miss Mocha, whom I lost a year ago.

Traumatic death like that is very hard, the images haunting.  I'm still haunted by my husband experiencing his heart attack, and it's been 12 years ago today that I lost him.  Over the years the images have lost a bit of their sting, but you don't forget.

I think ChiSao knew you were with him even though he couldn't see in his last moments...their spirit starts to leave their body but is still there for a while, they can see us.  I've literally died and been brought back twice in my life...the first time my kids were there and I could see them, and I could see personnel working on my body.  Both times I felt a peace drawing me...

I truly believe with all my heart that they continue to live, although things have changed for us because they aren't here physically any more, there's so much we know and so much we don't know, but I totally believe we'll be together again.

• Members

I'm so sorry Juan, so so sorry.  I know how you feel and its only been 4 months since my boy Barns died - there is not a minute of the day I do not think about it.  Its effecting my health now, not just mental health.  I cannot move on from him, like you, I love my boy Barns more than life itself.  In fact, if I I do not have my partner I couldn't see me carrying on with life.  I didn't have parents, well - they were there but didn't live with them, so have seen very little love in my life.  Barns used to talk to me, be waiting in the same spot for hours till I come home.  He used to be there every day and every night.  Stayed with me for over 10 years while I play World of Warcraft.  Life is just not the same, and never will be again.  Take the best of care and RIP ChiSao

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfMc-FII3vwZHFwSGNWX0xmd1E

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwfMc-FII3vwLXBKNDVlR2pnaXc

Some vids of Barns, that little "hmmmpth" noise he made was so loving.  He would make that noise walking through the house, whenever I touched him - if he was just sitting there, sometimes from out of nowhere he would make it.  I miss him so so much and would give everything I own to spend just one hour with him.

Archived