Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

sudden death of friend

Hope8201

• Members

Im new here and in need of advice and support. One of my best friends died suddenly in his sleep on June 9 and im devestated. He was the picture of health until april when he got sick with what the doctors said was just acid reflux. He kept getting sicker and skinnier and the doctors just kept saying its just acid reflux give the medicine more time to work. Obviously they missed something because he died in his sleep on June 9. Im angry at the doctors and soooo sad and shocked. He donated his body to science so there was no funeral and no last goodbyes. I am not really sure how to navigate this whole grief thing. Ive lost people before but not under circumstances like these. I just miss him soooo much and i dont know how im gonna get through this.

• Members

Dear Hope,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of one of your best friends. It is shocking and I'm sorry for your pain and sorrow.

I hear your anger about the doctors.  I'm sure I would ask myself the same questions. How could of this happened?

Please know you are not alone. I think for right now its best to try and let your emotions out. And to be as kind and gentle as you can with yourself.  In my journey, I found these websites helpful in understanding my feelings. What's Your Grief and The Grief Healing Blog. I have also tried counselling, grief support, reading various books and articles.

Thinking of you. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Muzikluvr91

So sorry for your loss :( i feel for you, i lost a good friend of mine unexpectedly almost 3.5 years ago, and it really left me reeling :( but i agree with the other comment, the best thing you can do for yourself is surround yourself with a good support system and be gentle with yourself, it's gonna be hard for a while, but i promise it will get better <3 i still have really bad days myself

Archived