Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad died 7 yrs ago mom died 2 weeks ago

DebWool

• Members

My dad left us unexpectedly 7yrs ago and 2 weeks ago mom fell using her walker and left us. It's just my brother and I and I'm having a hard time not going with them. I don't want to stay on earth anymore. I'm very alone and my brother and I never got along very well. It just feels like there's not really any good reason to stick around. I pray hard to God to let me go home soon. This world is so screwed up, can't trust anyone, I'm on my own other then my dog which someone would take good care of if I left. My mom was my purpose and at this point, I don't see why I'm sticking around. The road is at the end and all that's left from here on out is pain and struggling all alone. 

• Members

Dear Deb,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your beloved mom. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain and sorrow is unbearable. Its very hard to lose such an important person in our lives.

Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you. Keep trying to reach out to friends or other family. If you want to consider talking to a grief counselor or joining a support group. Try to take it moment my moment right now.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Hi Deb

My condolences on your loss   The pain of losing a loved one is painful but even more so when it's your parents  I lost my Dad in December and it has been difficult for me to lose someone who knew me inside out and loved me unconditionally and would do absolutely anything to protect me   I worry how I will manage when my mother is gone.  But looking at it now, and trying to be objective about it, in reality, my dad would really want me to live my life with as much dignity and respect as he instilled in me.  I know I would disrespect everything he taught me if I gave up now, even though I so want to.    Our parents gave birth to us so we can continue their legacy once they are gone.  Plus we can still try to make this world a better place day by day just by teaching others what our parents taught us.  Although you might feel alone, I am sure there are people who care about you and still need you, whether it's family, friends, neighbors or coworkers.  Even everyone on the forum cares about you and can learn from you.  Please reach out to your support group, whether it's family, friends or even support groups.   We are all here for you

Archived