Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Brinybay

Letter to widow 10 years after her loss?

Brinybay   

Hi

I recently learned that someone I knew in my late teens passed away 10 years ago.  I discovered it via an online people search.  This was an adult male that I looked up to.  I'm now in my 60s, his widow in her mid-70s.  His widow is now living in another state, and I want to send her a letter expressing my condolences saying how much I looked up to her late husband, but I'm wondering if too much time has passed.  I have had no contact with that family since the early 80s, and.I'm afraid that I may open her up to grief again after she has healed.

reader   

Dear Brinybay,

I think the widow would love to hear from you. I think people do want to hear they have made a difference. I think it would be a kind and lovely gesture to make.

Brinybay,

I agree with Reader. I believe she may be happy to hear from you. My father died 7 years ago. I love when people tell me wonderful stories about him that I didn't know. It makes me feel like he hasn't been forgotten. 

ModKonnie