Izegrim

My little furry hero is gone ...

37 posts in this topic

I thought I'd mentioned it once before, but put a piece of plywood or metal over the grave so the chickens can't disturb it.  I live in the country and when my friend buried his dog, we had to do that so other critters couldn't dig it up.  After a year or so it should be safer to remove.

I don't know how old you are, but since your mom isn't taking care of it, maybe you could deal with the situation yourself.  Some people just don't realize how devastating it is to lose a pet because they're not a "pet person", they don't feel the loss like you do. I'm sorry you're not feeling validated by others, but I hope you realize your feelings are very valid and give yourself that validity.

I am so sorry for your loss Izegrim. I truly know what you are going through. It takes everything you got to keep going. 

Remember that your cat loved you and appreciated everything you did. He will always be with you my friend.

Just posting a pic ...

20170524_123613.jpg

My little friend in his grave ... resting as if nothing happened. I still miss you ....

I feel so dead inside ... only if I drink I can bare to listening to music. But music has always been my saviour during my life. Now every sound seems to bother me ...

Even when I listen to some online radio station, where I made some friends, I break down when tuning in ...

I went to a friend two weeks ago (an Asperger too) and he showed me how lonely I am ... In his mind he's very rational. And I understand him very well. I'm not denying that he's right. But what bothers me is that he fillets the emotional side out of things. He analyses the things almost like I do, but he leaves the emotional part completely out of it.

Sometimes I admire that part, but on the other hand: I feel the pain and it makes me feel alive! But somehow I can't deal with it ... that's the empty gap between Autism and sensitivity for me.

Kat 2.jpg

I miss you so much ... my little friend

I'm so sorry you're going through this.  The death of my husband has been the worst loss in my life, we were soulmates, but the next worst loss to me has been my animals.  We interact with them every day, they are so much a part of our lives, our routines are deeply ingrained with them, they are so loving and bring us smiles, and de-stress us as well!  I just feel they are one of God's greatest gifts to us.  I feel your pain, I wish I knew some way to alleviate it, but I only know one way through grief and that is straight through it, letting ourselves feel it and experience it.

Just a caution, alcohol is a depressant, not something we need when we're grieving.  That said, if a drink relaxes you, go for it, just be careful not to overdo.  

I have a close friend who is Asperger's.  His emotion is tied up with odd things, not always what you'd think.  I've seen him seem to unfeeling when you'd expect him to feel something, and cry over things you wouldn't think would affect him.  I just think it affects the emotions but not always rationally.  Knowing this about him has helped me adjust my expectations so I just think, it's just how he is and accept it.  Analysis is fine but I wouldn't want to be solely analytical and not feel anything either.

BTW, beautiful pictures...

Just another two pics ... it's ten weeks today. The project is still going, but I don't seem to get anywhere myself ...

20140103_152554.jpg

20170430_123323.jpg

I love that picture, the markings are beautiful!

What I liked about his physic is the symmetry ... I don't know if I could stand a pet that didn't have that. Asperger anyone? ;)

20150212_113052.jpg

Izegrim, I have been reading your posts. I have been wanting to respond, but what you write always has me crying before I can attempt to write you.  I am so deeply sorry your lost your best friend. I have pets myself and have lost quite a few over the years. I had a special bond with each one and took their losses very hard for a long time. I decided to block the tears, the pics of your cat are wonderful, and respond to your latest, because I was drawn to your comment about the symmetry of your cat's body. I agree, cats have such a graceful, perfect symmetry to their form. They are pure magic when at rest or moving around. God created each animal so perfectly with their individual forms, symmetries, grace and power. Their own individual markings are so unique. We know in our hearts that only God could have created such beauty as in animals.

I know how much in pain you are with losing your fur friend. Have patience with yourself. Always remember, he is with you spiritually, walking alongside you.

Thank you very much for persevering to send me a message to comfort me ... I just found an 'intimate' pic of me and my cat I want to share.

20170507_223709.jpg

Just a song about losing someone ....

On 8/5/2017 at 8:12 AM, Izegrim said:

What I liked about his physic is the symmetry

Very beautiful markings, indeed!