Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's been rough

Sixgunner

• Members

We lost our 12 yo pit bill 2 days ago.  We brought her home when she was 8 weeks old and love and miss her very much.  

I cannot believe how sad we have been the pass few days.  I know it's going to pass but it hurts so much right now.

• Moderators

A friend of mine had a pit bull named Miss Piggy, we lost her last year at 19.  I'm still missing her, I used to see her every day and I never saw a more loving and gentle dog.

I am so sorry for your loss, it's so hard to lose our furry family members.  It takes a long while to adjust to not having them in our everyday lives anymore.  Anything you can do to memorialize her might help.  I've ordered headstones for my pets that I've buried, but many today are cremating them, even just having their ashes whether kept or spread can help.  A collage of pictures...the tears may fall but in so doing, it helps us through our grief process.

• Members

Ms Kay thank you for the kind words.  We had her cremated and we hope to have her back home very soon.  

My wife and I still shut our bedroom door when we leave, she was sneaky and would lay in our bed when she knew she was not allowed. : ). Its been 3 days and we feel a tiny bit better.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Sixgunner said:

Its been 3 days and we feel a tiny bit better.

I'm glad.  It does take time.  It's very hard to get used to.

Archived