Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Strange Dream

Francine

• Members

I had a strange dream last night.  Normally I don't dream, and if I do, I can't remember them.  But this one, I did.  I was  trying to get home to my Charles from being out with friends and we were in a car.  I finally dropped them off but had gotten lost.  I called my Charles and (like he always did) told me the fastest route to get home and that he'd be waiting. I was caught by a red light but went through it because I was in a hurry to get to Charles; a policeman stopped me and told me I should not have gone through the red light but I dismissed him because again, I desperately wanted to get to my Charles   I followed Charles instructions and it brought me to a train station.  After boarding the crowded train, I found a seat and was on my way, but the train crashed and all on the train perished.   I remember asking if we all had died, and was told yes.  I was sad and elated at the same time; sad because I left my children, and elated because I was going to be with my Charles. I kept waiting to see Charles again, but he never showed  (weird because as I state before he was waiting for me at home).  

After I woke up, it seemed so real I began to dissect the dream and its meaning.   Maybe the *home* Charles was waiting for me was *heaven* and perhaps the policeman was my guardian angel telling me not to rush things, and just maybe the reason I did not see Charles, was because it was not my time to go.

As weird as dreams can sometimes be, I'm not asking for your thoughts and/or comments - just wanted to put it out there.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Francine said:

I had a strange dream last night.  Normally I don't dream, and if I do, I can't remember them.  But this one, I did.  I was  trying to get home to my Charles from being out with friends and we were in a car.  I finally dropped them off but had gotten lost.  I called my Charles and (like he always did) told me the fastest route to get home and that he'd be waiting. I was caught by a red light but went through it because I was in a hurry to get to Charles; a policeman stopped me and told me I should not have gone through the red light but I dismissed him because again, I desperately wanted to get to my Charles   I followed Charles instructions and it brought me to a train station.  After boarding the crowded train, I found a seat and was on my way, but the train crashed and all on the train perished.   I remember asking if we all had died, and was told yes.  I was sad and elated at the same time; sad because I left my children, and elated because I was going to be with my Charles. I kept waiting to see Charles again, but he never showed  (weird because as I state before he was waiting for me at home).  

After I woke up, it seemed so real I began to dissect the dream and its meaning.   Maybe the *home* Charles was waiting for me was *heaven* and perhaps the policeman was my guardian angel telling me not to rush things, and just maybe the reason I did not see Charles, was because it was not my time to go.

As weird as dreams can sometimes be, I'm not asking for your thoughts and/or comments - just wanted to put it out there.

Glad you got to connect with Charles in your dream. The way I see it, God puts dreams into our minds for a reason. We may not know the meaning or the reason but that goes hand in hand with life. God puts us in situations to strengthen us and to sharpen our tools but he doesn't always reveal the reasons we are where we are. I imagine it's the same reason he gives us dreams.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Eagle-96 said:

Glad you got to connect with Charles in your dream. The way I see it, God puts dreams into our minds for a reason. We may not know the meaning or the reason but that goes hand in hand with life. God puts us in situations to strengthen us and to sharpen our tools but he doesn't always reveal the reasons we are where we are. I imagine it's the same reason he gives us dreams.  

I'm glad as well - he seemed so real and I hadn't had that in quiet sometime.  I totally agree with you, God is in control and I trust his will.  Thanks for responding!

• Moderators

Francine,

It sounds like you already know what your dream meant for you.  I'm not a dream interpreter but once in a while we have a dream that is more than just random, it has meaning to us and we usually wake up knowing why we dreamed it and what it meant.  I'd think it'd be comforting to know he's waiting for you and even though it's not time for you to go yet, it'll come.

• Members
52 minutes ago, KayC said:

Francine,

It sounds like you already know what your dream meant for you.  I'm not a dream interpreter but once in a while we have a dream that is more than just random, it has meaning to us and we usually wake up knowing why we dreamed it and what it meant.  I'd think it'd be comforting to know he's waiting for you and even though it's not time for you to go yet, it'll come.

Thanks KayC

As much as I like to think I've interpreted the dream, it may be something completely different.  I don't remember where, but I read that dreams were a window into the unconscious mind; and while the dreamer is sleeping, their unconscious mind is working on finding solutions to problems they face in their conscious mind.  I don't know but it was just weird for me to have it and completely remember it. 

• Members

Francine,

I dream, almost nightly, about my husband. They are usually, always about everyday, ordinary things but I love them as gifts, from God. I believe SOME dreams are sent by God and maybe He IS trying to tell you something. Perhaps, He wants you to know that Charles IS home and safe, with Him and He wants you to slow down and take care of yourself, for now- lest there be a train wreck! I don't feel like this was a dream of impending doom but one to strengthen and soothe you. Charles is safe and comfortable ( Home!), with God and you are to continue on, for now. Take your time and give yourself some attention!

On a side note- despite your loss and sadness, you have been so kind to me and many others. You are full of encouragement and I commend you, for that. 

• Members
2 hours ago, HAB's wife said:

Francine,

I believe SOME dreams are sent by God and maybe He IS trying to tell you something. Perhaps, He wants you to know that Charles IS home and safe, with Him andI He wants you to slow down and take care of yourself, for now- lest there be a train wreck! I don't feel like this was a dream of impending doom but one to strengthen and soothe you. Charles is safe and comfortable ( Home!), with God and you are to continue on, for now. Take your time and give yourself some attention!

On a side note- despite your loss and sadness, you have been so kind to me and many others. You are full of encouragement and I commend you, for that. 

Thanks so much.  I don't ordinarily put too much stock into dreams because I don't have them and if I do, cant remember them.  But this one was so vivid and crystal clear.  I like your analogy and perhaps God does speak to us in dreams.  I know that my Charles continues on.  I believe we don't have a spirit  - WE ARE SPIRIT, surrounded by a body to sustain the spirit while on this earth. It's sort of like being in outer space.  Astronauts must wear protected spacesuits in order to survive; without it, they will surely die.    Our bodies are our space suits and when our spirits leave our space suit, it dies.  What is amazing for us is our spirits never die - they return to God and live on.  How amazing is that? 

I believe God puts us where we are best needed.  So many on this forum have help me tremendously and if any words I can offer someone uplifts, encourage or puts a smile on someone's face, than I've done what God wants and that gives me satisfaction and peace of mind.   No one can help everyone but everyone can help someone. 

• Members

I just recently started having dreams with my Lily, but when I wake up the details are so vague that I start to doubt if it really was her. It's not every night, just every now and then, but it's a relief. For the longest since she passed, I was not having any dreams of her so I was so upset. Now, I hope I see her more and more. If I can't have the real thing, these dreams will be enough for me until I see her in Heaven. Earlier this week, I woke up around 6 am and went back to sleep. It didn't seem like it was a deep sleep, but I fell off anyway. In my dream, I was laying down and feeling so sad. I saw a figure I recognized and I held out my hand and said will you hold my hand? This person held and squeezed my hand. I then said will you please hug me? I was so sad and missing my Lily and just wanted someone to hug me. This person leaned over and hugged me, it felt so good and comforting, and when they pulled away I was feeling sad that my Lily was not here. Then I realized it was Lily all the time. I saw her but I didn't really put it together. I instantly woke up and I thought to myself was that really her in my dream? I'm sure it was! This is how my dreams usually go. I see her but I don't realize it until I wake up. Then I feel so sad that I was not able to fully embrace her and rejoice in my dreams to see her. I don't think this was a visitation type dream, which I hope for one day. But, to see her again, it was so wonderful!

• Members

2 hours ago, Lulu said:

this person held and squeezed my hand. I then said will you please hug me? I was so sad and missing my Lily and just wanted someone to hug me. This person leaned over and hugged me, it felt so good and comforting,

Your dream of your Lily sounds like one I wouldn't mind having.  I wish I had more dreams of my Charles, not that I had that many when he was here.  But that was different.  I'd always wake up to him laying next to me, his arms around me making me feel safe and so special.  He always knew how to calm me down when I woke up from a nightmare or anxiety.  Since he was taken from this world,  I no longer have or feel that *safe* feeling.   If I had my choice, I'd rather remain sleep (dreaming of him or not) than to wake up without to this horrible nightmare which is now my reality. 

I like to think that ever so often my Charles will open a door from Heaven and visit me in a dream; just to say Hello, that he still loves me and to remind me that he is still here with me, just in a different way.

• Members

I had one dream shortly after Matthew passed away where I was laying my head on his chest and we were laying in bed cuddling and just talking. When I woke up everything was so vivid and I could remember every touch and feeling.  For a moment when I woke I felt like he was still there.  I wonder if he was visiting me in my dreams   Maybe that's where I can still see him and feel him.

I wish every night when I go to sleep that he will visit me again but I've yet to have such a vivid dream since.  Hopefully it will happen again.  

• Members
On 6/29/2017 at 11:51 AM, KayC said:

I wish I could dream about George again!

I haven't tried earnestly, but, I read an article that we can influence what we dream about, by concentrating on the subject just before sleeping, whether with thoughts or images. Might be worth a try, KayC!

The other issue with dreams is I think that we tend to recall dreams the ones when we are close to waking. That's one advantage to sleeping so poorly and waking up a lot now!

• Moderators

I got a dream last night!  It's the first time in a very very long time.  Somebody must have said a prayer...

Archived