Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Such deep physical pain and grief

JacquelineHarry

• Members
JacquelineHarry

My amazing best friend and doggy cat, Harry left this earth this morning at 10:28.  I am convulsed with grief over his loss and can't imagine making it through these next days without him.

He was in hospital and coming home next day (hopefully). This morning the doc told me he had a traumatic downturn between 4am and 8am.  He was in clear pain and distress unable to breath.  

I had to make the decision to end his little life.  I'm home alone looking at his toys and craving one more hug or pat.  I know his body lies at the vet 2 blocks away and I can't stop crying  

How can I get through this.  

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

• Moderators

I am so sorry, it's so hard when we lose our best friend, our furry family member.  Poor kitty.  looks so sick and tiny.  I believe with all my heart we'll be with them again, that this life is not "the end", I hope that thought brings you comfort, I've lost many over the years and I look forward to being with them again.  

• Members
Nandypandy

I don't have have any advice but just wanted to say I understand your pain and I'm feeling the same way. :-( Your sweet Harry looks so much like my 16 year old Sid that I lost the night before last. We had just lost his brother Midnight two days before and then Sid went rapidly downhill. I did let him die at home, but if I could go back, I think it may have been better to have him at the vet where they could have lessened his pain. I actually feel terrible for letting him go through that even though he was able to die at home. 

I had him since he was barely 4 weeks old and he was such a good cat. He took good care of me. Sid was a toughy and hissed at my male suitors that he didn't approve of and my Midnight was a huge, soft ball of love and affection. I miss both of them so much. This is so hard. Just wanted to say I understand and I'm sorry we're both going through this hurt. 

<3

20151228_135606.jpg

• Moderators

Nandypandy, 

I am so sorry for your loss too.  I can't get over how similar Sid looks to Harry!  Very beautiful cats.  It's so hard to adjust to them being gone, I still miss my Miss Mocha, I lost her a year ago.

• Members

I lost my black/white furry hero about two and a half weeks ago. And I can imagine how sad you must feel. But I also want to point out that you made a courageous decision. It was a miserable choice to start with, but your little friend isn't suffering. I hope you can keep that in mind, although your emotion might say otherwise. Even after these few days I let go of my little hugger, my mind says: "Yes, you did the right thing" ... but my heart still screams: "No!" ...

I'm not a firm believer in God or the church ... but I'll ask my furry friend anyway to welcome your little Harry ... and the same goes for Sid & Midnight, of course!

• Members

So sorry to hear of your loss , I understand what your going through and can only tell you that thinking of all the good times you had together that may not have happened should your paths not have crossed in life helps in time. 

Our thoughts are with you 

• Members
I miss my Ted

I totally get how it hits you physically. I feel like throwing up every time I think of the decision I made to put my dog to sleep. I wish you didn't have to be home alone with all those reminders of your cat. I am, right now, at my mother in laws house because I can't stand the absence of my dogs energy in our home. Our loss is recent so I don't know how to get through it either but don't feel guilty about taking a break, distracting yourself for a little while so you can catch your breath.

• Members

Please let me say to you how sorry I am for the loss of your furbaby!!!! I definitely understand your pain, it's like the wind was taken out of you and you're trying to breathe....I put my cat/son down on June 22, 2017 and today I've just received his ashes in a beautiful urn today and oh my gosh!!!!! How I missed that beautiful feline!!! Please know that each day, it will get better with time....just know you can grieve and cry as much as needed to get through each and everyday. You're such an "angel" yourself for displaying an unconditional love for putting your baby in a peaceful, pain-free, eternal sleep. Just imagine our fur babies playing with one another and along with other fur baby angels over the rainbow bridge .....frolicking here and there with their "wings" :-). You're not alone.... I will pray for your inner peace and strength , be strong my angel friend.

Archived