Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm heartbroken over my beloved dog's passing and don't know how to cope

Ioana

• Members

June 5, 2017

My Beloved Henry,

Today you have crossed the rainbow bridge and left me heartbroken. I can't stop crying and don't know what to do. I cannot imagine my life without you. Who'll greet me at the door when I get home from work? Who'll sleep at my bedside every single night? Who'll cheer me up and be there for me during my saddest and happiest moments? I remember the day when I picked you at the animal shelter. It was august 2005 and as soon as I laid my eyes on you, it was love at first sight. I instantly knew you were going to be my best friend. I remember you wagging your tail when you saw me and I instantly knew you were the ONE. I also remember Alex's little face when I brought  you home. He was 4 and so happy he was getting a real puppy. You were the funniest, gentlest, most beautiful, intelligent dog. You were perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better furry baby. You brought so much joy into our lives. For twelve years you were always there for us, but especially for me, every time I was sad or tired or just needed some kisses and unconditional love. You were always by my side no matter what and never judged me.Your little face, funny back scratches and sweet kisses always made me feel good. I'm at a loss, I don't know how I will carry on. I will ALWAYS love you and miss you. My life will never be the same without you. In the end, I wasn't the one who rescued you, you rescued me. I want you to know that I've never meant to hurt you. I did what I thought was best for you. I know you are now happy and pain free, playing with other doggies in Heaven. Dad, Alex, Cookie, Missy and Kitty will also miss you terribly. I will love you FOREVER ❤️

Mom

IMG_4345.JPG

• Moderators

My heart is broken for you...as I entered this thread and saw that beautiful face, that gorgeous smile, my heart broke.  Such a beautiful dog!  And you can see his spirit in his expression.  This has to be very hard for you, I am so sorry.  Our dogs touch our lives as no other, we are so blessed to have them, I just wish it could be for many more years.

• Members

Dear Ioana,

My darling Dasha, also a wonderful rescue dog died today. I have cried for hours and hours, I feel like my heart is breaking. I have just read about your beloved Henry and my tears have increased to the point where I can hardly focus.

Almost 2 months on, are you feeling stronger yet? I don't know how I am going to face each day without Dash. Any words of comfort will be gratefully received.

Best,

Kaz

Archived