Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is this a result of my grievance?

Sweetheart346

• Members
Sweetheart346

Ever since my mother's funeral on Saturday, each day just feels like a nightmare. I write down my good and bad things each day and I notice that I'm lucky if I even get one good thing to write down. The bad part, fills up really quickly. I feel as if this depression is causing health problems. I've been having chest pain and back pain on my left side for three weeks now but ever since my mom died, it just got extremely bad to the point where I can't even sleep on time, bend, stretch, or find a comfortable position to even just lie down and relax. I have no health insurance and I'm over 18 so I cannot be a dependent of my sibling. I don't want to go to a hospital and it ends up being something small , but I also don't  want it to be something serious after what happened to my mother with her leukemia diagnosis and many other health issues people prior. It literally feels as if I was stabbed in the chest and it went through me. Everytime a thought crosses my mind about my mom, it gets worse. I just do not know what to do and I'm tired of everyday feeling like a punishment. I miss my mom so much and I would never want anyone, even an enemy, to experience what I am right now.

• Members

Dear Sweetheart346,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beloved mom. I think the shock and trauma of losing your mother can manifest itself in physical and emotional pain. If you can consult with a nurse or doctor or grief counsellor. For your own peace of mind, it never hurts to get checked out. During this difficult time don't neglect your own health. Try to eat, drink and sleep. And if you feel physical pain of any sort better to get it checked out.

I know you are doing everything you can to cope. Its very hard. Losing a parent is a terrible shock to the mind and body. I still struggle with my loss 7 months later.

Please know you are not alone. We will be here to listen and support you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived