Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dreams

Mrsviden

• Members

Do dreams really mean anything? 

I had a dream last night about my husband, but it was back when we first started dating and I kept trying to call him and he wouldn't pick up the phone. So I sent him a text asking if he would deliver the fridge for me, and he did but while I was gone. Then I tried calling to thank him and he still wouldn't answer. Then it took me back to when I would go over to his house sit on the steps and we would talk. 

Its just a really weird dream, but by my husband not picking up the phone does that mean he isn't listening to me/doesn't want to talk to me? I know it sounds stupid, but I just don't know what else to think. 

• Members
Autocharge
47 minutes ago, Mrsviden said:

does that mean he isn't listening to me/doesn't want to talk to me? 

Mrsviden, You might want to do a search on this forum about "Dreams" for their are a lot of post on this subject mater.

Here is a cut/past from my thread "Autocharge my experience"

The dream

3/29/2017 5am CST

I was walking at a trades day talking on an old phone (Black receiver and handle ) I was talking to Trish , normal conversation like what i was doing, on my way home , see you soon, type stuff it felt good. Then I was interrupted by Karen (Jeff’s wife) she broke  it to me in a nice way that she wasn’t Trish. I was embarrassed said sorry and hung up. I looked at the phone and it wasn’t plugged in . I started crying because I knew I was loosing my mind. I returned to a home we once had 402 the walk was difficult obstacles and uneven ground. I sat down on the floor just inside the door frame could see both inside and out. Trish was outside sitting opposite of me she spoke and said not to listen to Karen. I started crying and noticed that family members were inside the house with concerned looks on their faces. I woke up at this point. end of dream.

I think Karen is the logical side of me and Trish is the emotional side.

The questions are : Who do i listen to Trish or Karen?

:  Am I losing my mind?

I'm interested in what this community thinks about. please comment and ask question.

A post

Autocharge, I don't think you are losing your mind. Dreams often are weird and strange. I wouldn't worry and overanalyze the dream.If you want, keep a notebook of the dreams. After a few of them, see how they might correlate with each other. Sometimes we are given dreams with messages we need to be mindful of. Especially if we are not in tune and listening to our intuition.

Response to a post

Thanks KMB that is what I looking for, your informed and thoughtful comments.

please keep them coming. This is an open invite for anyone to comment and post on this subject " Dreams".

Autocharge

A post

On 3/29/2017 at 8:05 AM,

Autocharge, I don't think you are losing your mind. Dreams often are weird and strange. I wouldn't worry and overanalyze the dream.If you want, keep a notebook of the dreams. After a few of them, see how they might correlate with each other. Sometimes we are given dreams with messages we need to be mindful of. Especially if we are not in tune and listening to our intuition.

I agree!

end c/p

I hope this helps.
Autocharge

• Members
1 hour ago, Mrsviden said:

Its just a really weird dream, but by my husband not picking up the phone does that mean he isn't listening to me/doesn't want to talk to me?

Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.   In our dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own with small hidden doors in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul.  They often reveal feelings that we've hidden or repressed, because dreams are a reflection of our unconscious mind, our emotional truth.  Personally, I think dreams are just dreams; I don't have them often, so I try not to analyze them. 

• Members
22 minutes ago, Francine said:

Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.   In our dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own with small hidden doors in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul.  They often reveal feelings that we've hidden or repressed, because dreams are a reflection of our unconscious mind, our emotional truth.  Personally, I think dreams are just dreams; I don't have them often, so I try not to analyze them. 

It sucks that all we are left with are memories of our love and the signs they show us. I wish I could somehow turn my mind off and for once just try to catch my breath from all this worrying. 

• Members

I think it depends. If it is a very very vivid dream or realistic it might be a visit.

However, if it is like an ordinary dream... I think of it as a 2D dream... it is nothing but your mind.

I have a dream I want to tell.

I'll tell it later though.

• Members

Mrsviden, Your dream might have been a visitation. Maybe your husband just wanted to take you back to your early days of dating, as his way of letting you know that he remembers everything.I wouldn't worry about him not talking or texting in the dream. They cannot do that from where they are. Just be thankful you did have a dream and cherish it for that fact alone.

• Members

Dreams are so given to interpretation, influenced as they are by things we both consciously and unconsciously think about. I personally have a love hate relationship with dreams. I'd love to have some, I hate that I haven't. Not being too flippant, but the 3 I have had about my wife (3 I remember anyway) were somewhat vague, except one where the message was clearly telling me that nothing I could've done would've saved her. But that's it. I sometimes go to bed concentrating on the idea of dreaming of her, visitation or otherwise, I just want to hear her voice, even if it's "just" a dream. I'll take anything. My sleep is poor, has been for years, and being anxiety based, it adds to my restlessness. I take non prescription, non habit forming (rebound insomnia not withstanding) sleep aids, so I imagine they have an effect on my REM sleep. 

Mrsviden, whether the dream is a visit or a collection of images conjured up by your longing and desires, your heartache or the ever present loneliness, maybe it doesn't matter. If we are visited, who knows how it really works, maybe we aren't very good at receiving them. Take comfort though, these are YOUR dreams, they belong to you. You take what you wish, what you need from them, whether it's comfort or a few moments where none of this living nightmare exists. Our dreams can provide us with a glimps into a world not ours, a place where things never grow old, never fade away, never leaving us alone. Of course there are nightmares, terrors that haunt us, and that is troubling. Even in our dreams, thorns lurk. 

Your thoughts about your dream, your questions, they are absolutely not stupid. You want to know, you want clarity and can't seem to get it. It's not stupid, it's frustrating, elusive, perhaps nonsensical at times, but we all feel that way. I suspect that whatever explanation "feels" right to you is probably closest to the answer you seek. Who knows, maybe our inability to properly interpret our dreams is equally matched by our loved ones inability to properly send us a message. Might just take practice, for both sides?

Peace and comfort,

Andy

• Members
43 minutes ago, KMB said:

Mrsviden, Your dream might have been a visitation. Maybe your husband just wanted to take you back to your early days of dating, as his way of letting you know that he remembers everything.I wouldn't worry about him not talking or texting in the dream. They cannot do that from where they are. Just be thankful you did have a dream and cherish it for that fact alone.

Thanks KMB, it's just been a rough couple of weeks. 

• Members
20 minutes ago, Andy said:

Dreams are so given to interpretation, influenced as they are by things we both consciously and unconsciously think about. I personally have a love hate relationship with dreams. I'd love to have some, I hate that I haven't. Not being too flippant, but the 3 I have had about my wife (3 I remember anyway) were somewhat vague, except one where the message was clearly telling me that nothing I could've done would've saved her. But that's it. I sometimes go to bed concentrating on the idea of dreaming of her, visitation or otherwise, I just want to hear her voice, even if it's "just" a dream. I'll take anything. My sleep is poor, has been for years, and being anxiety based, it adds to my restlessness. I take non prescription, non habit forming (rebound insomnia not withstanding) sleep aids, so I imagine they have an effect on my REM sleep. 

Mrsviden, whether the dream is a visit or a collection of images conjured up by your longing and desires, your heartache or the ever present loneliness, maybe it doesn't matter. If we are visited, who knows how it really works, maybe we aren't very good at receiving them. Take comfort though, these are YOUR dreams, they belong to you. You take what you wish, what you need from them, whether it's comfort or a few moments where none of this living nightmare exists. Our dreams can provide us with a glimps into a world not ours, a place where things never grow old, never fade away, never leaving us alone. Of course there are nightmares, terrors that haunt us, and that is troubling. Even in our dreams, thorns lurk. 

Your thoughts about your dream, your questions, they are absolutely not stupid. You want to know, you want clarity and can't seem to get it. It's not stupid, it's frustrating, elusive, perhaps nonsensical at times, but we all feel that way. I suspect that whatever explanation "feels" right to you is probably closest to the answer you seek. Who knows, maybe our inability to properly interpret our dreams is equally matched by our loved ones inability to properly send us a message. Might just take practice, for both sides?

Peace and comfort,

Andy

Andy, 

I long to hear my husbands voice again just to tell me it's ok, he's ok, and he's watching over me. These past couple weeks have been incredibly hard, I've found that I'm crying more than ever and that this is real life and my husband is gone from this world. It's hard when you've had him a phone call away for the last 12 years and then suddenly you don't. There's simply no other way to put it other than I'm absolutely heartbroken, as are the rest of us on this site. 

Im so dead set on it I don't receive visitation through a dream, or other signs is my husband doesn't love me on the other side, then that's when I question myself. I think just like everything else I have a picture in my head on how the movies portray losing a spouse and that's receiving signs all the time. That's wrong of me to do I know but I just want something, anything to let me know my husband is with me and sadly the only thing that can is trusting in my own heart and believing he is. 

• Members

Mrsviden, Please do not worry excessively about dreams or signs. They will happen in all their good timing. When we are in deep grieving, signs are hard to pick up on. They can be very subtle, as to not even be noticeable, when we are focused on our sadness and despair. Some signs we might even pass off as coincidences. The same can be said for dreams. Our minds and hearts are shattered and what is in our subconscious can make for conflicting, weird dreams.  Have patience, trust and faith. Your husband loved you before he went to Heaven and will always love you.  (HUGS)

• Members

A while ago I had a dream of my love, and it was very nice. I do believe it was a visit.

However, I have OCD... And anxiety now. The fears that I had when he was alive here on Earth are stressing me out now... And so that goes in my dreams too and so when I wake up from a "2D" dream I worry but it was what I was thinking of throughout the day... Even if it were a worry for a second.

• Members
1 hour ago, KMB said:

Mrsviden, Please do not worry excessively about dreams or signs. They will happen in all their good timing. When we are in deep grieving, signs are hard to pick up on. They can be very subtle, as to not even be noticeable, when we are focused on our sadness and despair. Some signs we might even pass off as coincidences. The same can be said for dreams. Our minds and hearts are shattered and what is in our subconscious can make for conflicting, weird dreams.  Have patience, trust and faith. Your husband loved you before he went to Heaven and will always love you.  (HUGS)

Thank you KMB, I hope you are doing well. 

• Members
1 hour ago, WaHaaf99 said:

A while ago I had a dream of my love, and it was very nice. I do believe it was a visit.

However, I have OCD... And anxiety now. The fears that I had when he was alive here on Earth are stressing me out now... And so that goes in my dreams too and so when I wake up from a "2D" dream I worry but it was what I was thinking of throughout the day... Even if it were a worry for a second.

I'm sorry to hear of your pain and struggling. I too can relate to your OCD and anxiety and I sympathize with you. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Mrsviden said:

Andy, 

I long to hear my husbands voice again just to tell me it's ok, he's ok, and he's watching over me. These past couple weeks have been incredibly hard, I've found that I'm crying more than ever and that this is real life and my husband is gone from this world. It's hard when you've had him a phone call away for the last 12 years and then suddenly you don't. There's simply no other way to put it other than I'm absolutely heartbroken, as are the rest of us on this site. 

Im so dead set on it I don't receive visitation through a dream, or other signs is my husband doesn't love me on the other side, then that's when I question myself. I think just like everything else I have a picture in my head on how the movies portray losing a spouse and that's receiving signs all the time. That's wrong of me to do I know but I just want something, anything to let me know my husband is with me and sadly the only thing that can is trusting in my own heart and believing he is. 

That fear of not knowing exactly how they currently "feel" or what exactly they know or don't know, I think that's all part and parcel in this territory. We believe, we know, we hope, but still, as is normal, we feel the scratch of doubt, causing us to worry. I really think your worries are without cause, you know your love is as real as the earth you stand on, and you know his love is just as real, and love, like all energy, doesn't die. It's stronger than death, stronger than us, so why we may doubt, love endures. Dreams or no dreams, signs or no signs, proof of the everlasting is allready within you. Don't forget that. Never forget, what you two built and shared can NOT be denied or diminished.

With love as powerful and pure as that shared with our beloveds, we were allowed to LIVE our dreams. 

"I love you". Those words, when said with pure devotion, are more than a confirmation, they are a promise. I love you - forever, in sickness, in health, with you, without you, by my side always, in my thoughts, my heart, my prayers, forever and always we will be.  

Be safe and find peace. Look no further than your heart for a sign, he's been there all along. Love and hugs,

Andy

• Members
2 hours ago, Andy said:

That fear of not knowing exactly how they currently "feel" or what exactly they know or don't know, I think that's all part and parcel in this territory. We believe, we know, we hope, but still, as is normal, we feel the scratch of doubt, causing us to worry. I really think your worries are without cause, you know your love is as real as the earth you stand on, and you know his love is just as real, and love, like all energy, doesn't die. It's stronger than death, stronger than us, so why we may doubt, love endures. Dreams or no dreams, signs or no signs, proof of the everlasting is allready within you. Don't forget that. Never forget, what you two built and shared can NOT be denied or diminished.

With love as powerful and pure as that shared with our beloveds, we were allowed to LIVE our dreams. 

"I love you". Those words, when said with pure devotion, are more than a confirmation, they are a promise. I love you - forever, in sickness, in health, with you, without you, by my side always, in my thoughts, my heart, my prayers, forever and always we will be.  

Be safe and find peace. Look no further than your heart for a sign, he's been there all along. Love and hugs,

Andy

There are no words Andy for what you just said. You took my thoughts and wrote them beautifully. I can't thank you enough for encouraging me. Thank you so much. 

Love and hugs 

mrsviden

• Members
14 minutes ago, Mrsviden said:

There are no words Andy for what you just said. You took my thoughts and wrote them beautifully. I can't thank you enough for encouraging me. Thank you so much. 

Love and hugs 

mrsviden

My dear friend, you are most welcome. That you find anything I might say encouraging is "thanks" enough. We all get encouragement from each other, we find pieces of ourselves in each other's words, recognizing that very same sadness within us. Who better to understand us, than us?

Love and comfort, peace be with you,

Andy

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Mrsviden said:

does that mean he isn't listening to me/doesn't want to talk to me?

I think it's more of a reflection of your subconscious upset at your inability to reach him in the way you could when he was physically here.  There are books about dreams, you might want to try one.

Archived